Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you have say?

EDIT: By crooked I didn't necessarily mean that you are unscrupulous, I meant that you break the rules if you have to to get things accomplished.

·
Registered
198 Posts
What do you have say?

EDIT: By crooked I didn't necessarily mean that you are unscrupulous, I meant that you break the rules if you have to to get things accomplished.
I believe "Flexible morals" is the term you're looking for. I like to tell people I traded my scruples in for American dollars when "the wall" fell.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
"Cool as a rule you don't learn in no school, You can't brown nose the teacher from a dunce hat stool"

Reactions: SlowPoke68

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I'm still having doubts as to whether I'm an ENFP or an ENTP, but I'm posting in this thread anyway...
I really don't mind breaking or bending rules if I see no need for them in the first place. And admittedly, there are a lot of things that aren't socially acceptable or that are against some system of rules that I'd probably do if I thought I could get away with them. Off the top of my head, I would say that I'm the kind of person who'd break rules just so that I can accomplish whatever I want to, but there are certain things I probably wouldn't do. The thing is, I can't really name them because I have no set-in-stone list of what is right and what is wrong for myself. It really depends...

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
rules are these arbitrary things that people invent to foster cooperation so that nobody get screwed out of the deal such that there is incentive for individuals to actually make deals and cooperate within society

ENTPs mindset is opportunistic and likes to come on top, therefore when you meet an ENTP you just have to make provisions for it and think a step ahead as an ENTP mind is prone to testing boundaries and checking for those loopholes

·
Registered
118 Posts
I like rules! When I make them... and I can distort them for my own advantage...

As to my posture... I am always bending over to put my hand under my chin to think, that it's true I do have some issues...
If I only I didn't think so much!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Word to the wise, NatetheGoat.

Crooked people don't generally admit that they're crooked. It'd be like a burglar installing a Sonitrol alarm system into the home they're going to break into.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have some dodgy morals by most people standards. Like I bruned the sink in my flat and my flat mate asked me to get it sorted and tonight I'm gonna go try convince him that getting it sorted only involved removing the burn mark rather than the whole sink! Not sure if it'll work or quite how to approach it but think i'll go with the I talked to a mate who knows this stuff and he said its simple and quick to remove the mark so its barely noticable or you could block off all the plumbing a try get a new sink to fit and play on his laid back style then again his laid back style doesn't extend to flat a lot of the time!:confused:

·
Registered
722 Posts
If I want something accomplished it isn't going to be something that is bad for society or for others so if there are rules that might stand in the way then I don't see too much of a problem bending them a little. I make sure that whatever I do is going to benefit either myself or someone else and I make sure that it doesn't significantly hurt anyone along the way. If it does hurt someone and they can learn from it and become better for it then I wouldn't mind as much but i've never really had to do that as of yet.

Rules are extremely important because they make our society work without them the quality of life would suffer. They, for the most part, usually come from a logical place too when you really think about them. But if I have to bend one to get something that is important to me done then what is the harm? It's not going to ruin the quality of anyone elses life and in fact might improve life for others if not myself so what's wrong with that.

I'm don't typically go against laws or rules anyways but i'm just saying. There's nothing wrong with bending them every now and again.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I prefer open ended morals.
I think this is what is the difference between the ENTP vs other types on their views of morals, laws, and rules.

I don't like to say that ENTPs are only capable of bending, twisting, and manipulating morals. Even SJs do it, often to their advantage. Ever heard of the statements, "I'm always right!" said by an ESTJ? I think that's their method to only obeying established morals and any other type of morals is immoral and does not apply to that person. By them not even considering the integrity of the morals in the first place, that is "immoral" in the first place, at least to me.

A NF may abuse morals by making people do things often by feelings and guilt. Despite whether the subject agrees or disagrees to the NF, the NF says something which makes the other person think that "it is the right thing to do," regardless of their personal stance in that situation.

EVERYONE is capable of abusing morals.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Think of Alan Shore from Boston Legal. Though his values are not related to those of society, they are still strong.

·
Banned
998 Posts
"Can I get away with this?"

I don't kill, injure or steal. Anything else depends on if I can get away with it. I'm an opportunist.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I kind of feel like rules I never agreed to don't apply to me. And if I'm not hurting anyone else, what I do is my business.

If I made the rules or like the rules then I can be a stickler about them. Haha :)

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I think I've said this before, but I'll say it again.

I'm not crooked. I'M A CHAOTIC NEUTRAL DAMNIT!
Here here! But then again it makes people less likely to help you...
I actually stick to most laws probably because I grew up with a very moral mum and sister (dad not so much haha). I was actually less moral as a child than I am now, I tell people off for pirating and such (I disagree with it because it damages the industry), but I think I'd bend the rules if need be just to make sure everything worked.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I tell people off for pirating and such (I disagree with it because it damages the industry), but I think I'd bend the rules if need be just to make sure everything worked.
UGH! Don't you hate when people make excuses for it. I mean I can't say I haven't done it in the past and I still share music with friends but I buy almost everything unless it's impossible to find. I mean my thing is if someone is gonna download illegally then just admit your stealing! My friends go "oh well they are charging too much for it that it's ridiculous and it's not fair" then i'm like "Well then who says you HAVE to have it. You don't have to have it just because they put it out. Alot of hard work went into it and that's part of why it's expensive".

I know one time my friend was like (referring to music) "well it doesn't even go to the artist anyways so i'm not hurting them. As long as you get their music they don't care" and then i'm like "Look at the industry today and how it was in the 90's. The 90's were great because we had alot of choices and we had alot more bands in the mainstream because record companies could afford to take chances with more artists. Your still hurting yourself cause now you could be missing on on great artists and any artist who says they don't care is an idiot and is unappreciative of what their record company has done and IS doing for them!"

Sorry for the rant but I get pissed. I mean if someone is gonna do it then do it I could care less but don't go trying to justify it. Stealing is stealing. Just say your stealing and your doing it because it's easy!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts