Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to type a former friend of mine in an attempt to assess where things went wrong. I know that he is an introvert for sure and have managed to narrow it down to IxTJ.

He's very organized and takes pleasure in making things neat in his immediate vicinity. He also has extremely neat handwriting and drawing style. He's a bit socially awkward and doesn't know how to display affection (he's always awkward when giving or receiving gifts or physical affection). We can talk for hours and not be uncomfortable, but it's usually not emotional. He's also pretty much considered a "nerd" in our social group and gets super into debates. He's also really kind but sometimes doesn't seem to know when he's hurt someone or how to deal with it. We used to be close but he ended up avoiding me and I'm not sure why.

What type would you say he is? What are some key traits of ISTJs?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm trying to type a former friend of mine in an attempt to assess where things went wrong. I know that he is an introvert for sure and have managed to narrow it down to IxTJ.

He's very organized and takes pleasure in making things neat in his immediate vicinity. He also has extremely neat handwriting and drawing style. He's a bit socially awkward and doesn't know how to display affection (he's always awkward when giving or receiving gifts or physical affection). We can talk for hours and not be uncomfortable, but it's usually not emotional. He's also pretty much considered a "nerd" in our social group and gets super into debates. He's also really kind but sometimes doesn't seem to know when he's hurt someone or how to deal with it. We used to be close but he ended up avoiding me and I'm not sure why.

What type would you say he is? What are some key traits of ISTJs?
Now, I don't know your friend first hand. The only information i have here is what you have said, which is only a snapshot of what you see of him, which is not the complete picture of him.

So, I cannot give you any definite answer. I can, however, summarise the general traits and you have to make the judgement call yourself.

A few key traits of ISTJs:

- Introverted
- Pragmatic, down to earth
- Detail oriented
- Conservative with money
- Not emotional.

By default, we appear serious. If we consider you close, our behaviour will be different.

ISTJs can appear very differently to different people, depending on the role and how close we are. The way we behave as say, parents is very different from as friends or as colleagues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts