Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't know if this will work for you, but in my experience doing/experiencing things together will give you new shared experiences to talk about. With the introverted thinkers in my life I try to play in their field. I started to play video games with my ISTP gamer brother so we'd have something in common to talk about. If we went anywhere he'd be very short with me. We don't play the same room. It's a kind of way of being together but apart. For my INTP friend I read articles on her favorite topics to try and keep in the know. I forward them onto her and once she's read them we talk about them.

Technology, if they're into it, is a good buffer. Also if you can try to mirror their way of talking in the beginning of conversations to draw them in. I focus on the positives. My ISTP brother is extremely competitive, so I bring up where he did well. Typically in a story recounting how well he did. For my INTP friend I bring up areas I know she's already talked about and try to tack the new information. Not sure if this will be helpful, but I hope things go better for you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.