Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea which I am. I am willing to answer any questions that are meant to help me realize which one I am, or do any tests provided by fellow members.

·
Registered
754 Posts
We need more info... Can you provide us with information about yourself that relate to judging and percieving?

Though it would be more helpful to simply look at your cognitive functions and decide which you use more. Do you use Ni or Ne? Te or Ti?

78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We need more info... Can you provide us with information about yourself that relate to judging and percieving?
I can't tell. I understand keeping my options open when it comes to things that are long term, but I almost completely rely on J when it comes to the details of life.

All I can say is that I have no idea which I use more; I would like to say I use N a lot, but I also focus on subjects only with T.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I can't tell. I understand keeping my options open when it comes to things that are long term, but I almost completely rely on J when it comes to the details of life.

All I can say is that I have no idea which I use more; I would like to say I use N a lot, but I also focus on subjects only with T.
No, you need to understand the difference between extroverted and introverted intuition and extroverted and introverted thinking, because it's not as simple as "N and T." There are underlying functions.

If you are a Judger or an INTJ, you would be functioning on Ni (dominant) and Te (auxillary.)
If you are a perciever or an INTP, you would be functioning on Ti (dominant) and Ne (auxillary.)

Google INTP cognitive functions or INTJ cognitive functions if you want further understanding.

Or you could take this test: http://keys2cognition.com/explore.htm
It will tell you the strength of your cognitive functions and in turn give you a suited type.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
No, you need to understand the difference between extroverted and introverted intuition and extroverted and introverted thinking, because it's not as simple as "N and T." There are underlying functions.

If you are a Judger or an INTJ, you would be functioning on Ni (dominant) and Te (auxillary.)
If you are a perciever or an INTP, you would be functioning on Ti (dominant) and Ne (auxillary.)

Google INTP cognitive functions or INTJ cognitive functions if you want further understanding.

Or you could take this test: Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes
It will tell you the strength of your cognitive functions and in turn give you a suited type.
This. This. This.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
How messy is your room? A lot of J types have really neat ones, with the exception with the on again off again clean room of the infj. They are probably the least organized J in the mix, imo. So when it comes down to organization, do you not care, or do you tend to be organized. Also, scheduling, most J's like to stay to a strict schedule, and prefer sticking to some type of plan. Where, as P's like to keep their options open.

·
Registered
754 Posts
How messy is your room? A lot of J types have really neat ones, with the exception with the on again off again clean room of the infj. They are probably the least organized J in the mix, imo. So when it comes down to organization, do you not care, or do you tend to be organized. Also, scheduling, most J's like to stay to a strict schedule, and prefer sticking to some type of plan. Where, as P's like to keep their options open.
I don't think this always proves accurate though.
I'm a perciever, not a strong one, but a perciever nonetheless and I like to keep things organized. I also like to plan things and keep a planner for this. I lean more towards judging and can mistype as INFJ, but I don't have Ni and Fe at nearly the strength an INFJ would.

Reactions: donkeybals

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
So...I'm confused. What are you trying to figure out? Your type or J/P? Because generally XXXJ and XXXP have no functions in common, so this shouldn't be that difficult. For example INTP (Ti+Ne+Si+Fe) and INTJ (Ni+Te+Fi+Se), no functions in common AND INTJ leads with a completely different function (Intuition), so I'm a little confused about your confusion. J/P only points toward extraversion (specifically extraverted judgment). What it sounds like you are calling J is really Extraverted Thinking (Te) which is common misunderstanding. Judging really refers to decision making, and specifically what motivates you to make a decision. Both iterations of Extraverted Judgment (Te and Fe) will reference the external in their decision making process (generally deciding on what is socially held as acceptable or true). But understand the motivations for Fe and Te will be very different. A Fe type might, in fact, keep neat surroundings but for VERY, VERY different reasons than a Te-type.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts