Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Life is Like a Boat - Rie Fu (Bleach anime ending 1)

Kimi no kioku - mao (Hakuouki anime ending)

Two from Touhou:

Moonsong - Cave Story (in-game music)

I got my first exposure to J-pop through anime on youtube, which a friend liked. The songs and music can be inspirational and fun to listen. Enjoy and please share some that you like.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Dude, it's all about the Zelda game music! "The Song of Storms" is my favorite.

Perhaps my favorite game music is Fable 1's soundtrack...it is SO good. I will post links if I can later, I hate using my phone haha.

But to reiterate: Zelda, Fable 1. And Star Fox. Star Fox is pretty bomb.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Don't shoot me; this thread needs to be necroed so badly.
I have a lot of anime/j-pop/game music to share. But let's start with some mellow ending songs.

Samurai 7 ED - Fuhen

Naruto 1st ED - Wind

I like orchestral versions of game music, so I hope that's okay with everyone.

Kingdom Hearts - Dearly Beloved/Hikari

The Orchestral SaGa

Chrono Cross - Radical Dreamers

There's more where that came from.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
OK, from childhood the first anime I would have watched was 'Battle Of The Planets' - the bastardized US version of Gatchaman. Still love the original score by Bob Sakuma. Relevant music starts at 02:22

In the early 90's I used to watch Cantonese dubs of 'Saint Seiya' while eating noodles - this piece of music brings back memories of orange sodium street light illuminated nights in late November, as I walked to my HK Chinese friend's place, awaiting an evening of anime, HK movies and Super Famicom. Relevant music starts at 03:05

I was introduced to Macross in the 80's, when I received a Battroid model kit for Christmas one year - in the 90's my little brother got the Macross Plus OVA on VCR, that introduced us to the music of Yoko Kano - Voices is an incredible piece, sung by Akino Arai.

I actually got into Cowboy Beebop quite late, my brother was obsessed with it, when it aired on Toonami. It was Yoko Kanno's music that drew me in, and I realised how stupid I had been in putting it off. This August I introduced my 9 year old niece and 7 year old nephew to the show, the film and the music and they loved it. Chosen 'Gotta knock a little harder' sung by Mai Yamane, as my niece adores this song.

I can go on, but the above tracks, are just special to me...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts