Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I have been wondering this over a year. I have had a crush on this guy for some time now and I was wondering if you can help me type him. I have little to no idea what his mbti type is. Please help me, that would mean A LOT to me, since he was a crush of mine.

Ok, so here is what you need to know about Jai. He is 20. He has a twin brother Luke and an older brother Beau. He is a part of a 5 member group called "The Janoskians". All that group does is pull pranks and fool around.
He became more popular after publically admitting that he is in love with now famous singer Ariana Grande.

She was 19 at the time and he was 17. She was his first love and it is rare that celebrities admit that they are in love. He seemed to be REALLY in love with her, because they were "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" before even meeting in person. They only texted for few months, than he moved from Australia to LA and they began to date.
He was really sweet to her.
Here is some "proof". ariana-grande-jai-brooks-love-tweet-lead1.jpg
Go to 1:05 and 5:39

He seemed really sweet to her and he never hesitated to show her how much he loves her.
Long story short, everything was perfect, she became popular, went on tour, cheated on him, and she started flirting via tweeter with her new guy, Nathan Sykes. Jai immediately posted a selfie of himself in wich he was obviously crying. Then he posted this long tweet ( PLEASE READ T!)
Jai_Brooks'_Twitlonger.jpg

The whole media and fans started attackin him, wich I don't understand, since she is the one who cheated on HIM, he is just very emotional and very expressive.

I can't add too much attachements in one post, so I will write another and add more "proof".

Thank you for reading, God bless you!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He was very depressed after breaking up with her, but, a couple of months later he forgave her and they began dating again. He seemed happier than ever. Then, all of a sudden, she dumped him again, allegedly because Jai wasn't very supportive after Ariana lost her grandfather, but I am not sure THAT is the reason why, because, she was spotted with another guy, rapper Big Sean a week after breaking up with Jai for the second time.

Here is how he dealt with the break-up, he listened to a lot of emo songs, like in this video:

Generally he seems to be very sensitive, emotional and a delicate soul, like here, when he talked about his childhood:

Jai is the one the left, in both videos! :wink:

Also, I want to say that he likes to draw in his free time. Here are some drawing of his, as that can also help us figure out the type:
tumblr_mw7fml01gj1t1skswo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mw7fookAWy1t1skswo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mw7f0k8Pjz1t1skswo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mw7fq3enlR1t1skswo1_500.jpg

He seems like a very forgiving and low-maintenence guy. Just look at his "reaction" when his friends pull a prank on him and wake him up by throwing water over him in his sleep :laughing: :

I am usually very opinionated and have a starting idea. But all I can say now for sure is that he is deffinitely an IxFx. Maybe leaning towards IxFP. I think that he has visible Fi. So ISFP or INFP would work. Agian, I am NOT sure, and I am wiling to analyze different opinions.

I know that there are many sources here, many videos and photos, but you don't have to watch the whole videos, just enough for you to get the idea. PLEASE help me figure this out. I have a crush on 'em. It would mean SO MUCH GUYS.

Thank you for participating, God bless you and Happy late Valentine's Day! tumblr_mkuqlnl4V51rk8928o1_500.jpg

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
He definitely reminds me of my sister who is (or most likely is) an ISFP. However, he seems to have elements of Fe, because in his long post he mentioned how he wanted everyone to be happy and at peace. Which reminds me of my mom who is an ISFJ (tested). However, he seems quite 'chill', so I'm between ISFP and ISFJ, but pretty definite that it he is an ISFx.

Hopefully, this helps.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@SimplyRivers That helps a lot! Thank you, budd. :proud: I would like it if we could discuss it further more (you know me - love to talk ;) ), but let's do it tomorrow, ok? It is 4;17 am here and I still haven't gone to bed. I was up all night on the internet. See you! :wink:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@SimplyRivers I am back! :tongue: I am ready to "dig in" OK, here is my take on Jai's personality. (Just so you know, I usually don't break it down to the letters when I want to type someone, I do it with cognitive function, but, again, I am not sure her about his function. Dunno why. Maybe because there weren't that many sources of him talking about his life... Mostly semi-serious topics.
You also gotta know that, as an ENTP, my Ti isn't as strong as yours, so how I begin, is with Ne, where I get the "idea" the vibe that he has and I make a hypothesis. Then, I try to explain it with the Ti. But, since I already have an ida thanks to the Ne, it may be a little biased. So that's why I REALLY rely on you! Please analyze it well, it would REALLY help me, and who better to do that than an INTP. :wink: )

First of all, I don't think that it is necessary to explain that he is an obvious INTROVERT. I am 100% sure about this.

Next, I am DEFFFFFFFINITELY sure that he is a feeler. Don't have to explain this one, either.

So we have IxFx.

In terms of Intuition vs Sensing, I think that he is a Sensor. Not sure, but he seems to be really down to earth, modest, practical, he doesn't have his "head in a rainbow-land" like us, Intuitives do. He seems to have that Sensor-like autenthisity, warmth and reliable-ness (I am not saying that Intuitives are not those things, but you know what I mean...) I get a feel that he is a very simple guy.

I am usually pretty good at telling weather somebody is a Intuitive or a Sensor. I know that this may be the trickiest to figure out, because you have to have a deeper conversation with the person in order to see their preference here.
You can tell if somebody is an extrovert or introvert on the first sight, in most of the cases. If you see how they make decisions and what are their priorities in life, you see if she/he is a thinker or a feeler. By looking at the organization of their own world, workspace, room (both figuratively and literally) you can usually tell Judger or Perceiver. But you have to here this person talk about some deeper stuff to see if they are intuitives or sensors.

I watched the video "Fetus School Memories" as I thought it would be perfect, because he is talking about past, and that's where it usually becomes visible N or S. Here is why. The apple story (aka how to see if somebody is N or S): Give to people an apple. The Intuitive, no matter if NT or NF would say something like: "Oh, an apple! You know what, when I was little I used to think that apples are just sweet tomatoes, because they are red. OOh, and that reminds me one time I was in my garden, among the tomatoes and I was really happy, so I danced/was really sad and I cried. Happiness is a great feeling. You know, my friend, Alyssa gave me this book about being happy..." They just couldn't stay on the topic and they would find some weird co-relations between objects and events, that don't seem to have anything in common looking from the outside. This was pretty Ne, but Ni would be similar, abstract and non-concrete, as well.
If you give the Sensor an apple, he would say: "Oh, an apple! Well... This apple is kinda red...-ish. It is fresh. It is as big as my fist. I remember that my grandfather and I used to buy apples and than my grandma would make us apple pie. It was very sweet, and it smelled wonderfull, She would serve the pic on a speial china with bunnies on it".

You get the point?! (Save the compliments for my incredible hack later :wink: :tongue: :cool: )
An Intuitive would be all abstract and about how he felt (NF usually), or what he was thinking (NT usually). He would jump from topic to topic without obvious connection and he wouldn't describe ACTUAL FACTS and things that were around him (since we are talking abut the past). I know this for SURE, because I can talk for about 30 minutes without naming 1 concrete words like: "window", or "street" or "pizza", ony the "fancy talk" :wink:.
A Sensor would talk about his past in a ORDERLY manner, just like a news reporter. Usually chronologically. As things where happeneing, and they would also add a lot of concrete physicall details. Like the bunny thing in my hack.

OK, so knowing that, I think that he is a Sensor, because when he talked about that girl that he had a crush on, he ust stated facts. The obvious things. Almost as if he was talking from a third person who was just watching the 12 year old Jai back then. Yes, he did say how he cried, but he didn't talk much about it. He didn't desribe the "atmosphere" or "what was going threw his head", like an Intuitive would. He just stated the fact that he cried as any other fact, like: " I woke up. I brushed my teeth. I went to school. I was sick. I cried." Also, his drawings are not abstract (N), they are very S-like with many details. And he obviously drew by looking at something (a dog, himself, a singer, a figure), which is S-kind of art, as for N artists tend to CREATE something new. To INOVATEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! And that is not what he chose here.
But, in the long tweet he seems very well spoken and wordly (which he doesn't come across as, in person). He spoke in metaphor. "She means the world to me" and "I can never see this world the same again" (maybe those aren't exact words :crazy:), but this seems like something an INtuitive would say. Anyway... There are more reasons for him preffering sensing, so I would say that he is a Sensor.

That makes ISFx.

One of the defffffffinitions of a "Judger" I found was that they are more agressive towards the outer world, and more "mellow" towards the inner world. "Perceiver" is somebody who is more agressive towards the inner world and more carefree on the outer.
Honestly, based on this, he seems like a Perceiver.
Also, from experience, this doesn't work ALWAYS, but let's call for help the stereotypical: "Is he messy or neat thing". And there are TONS of videos of how other band members make fun of him how messy he is. And, honestly, his room is almost as bad as mine! :laughing: He admits that he is lazy and it is obvious, because he is a part-time youtuber and he posts videos like once in two moths and he always says that the reason for it is not because he had work to do, but because he was being lazy. I think that is pretty perceiver like and pretty SP-like.

So all of that makes it an ISFP, rather than ISFJ.

Let's see the cognitive functions now. (BTW, I have NEVER EVER in my life confused these two, as for I always look at the functions first, and they share NONE. But this case is different).

ISFP: Fi-Se-Ni-Te
ISFJ: Si-Fe-Ti-Ne

And here comes how much of an ENTP I am! :laughing: :crazy: I am gonna debate both sides at ones. You choose wich one is more convincing! :confused:

If he is an ISFP: He has Fi, which makes sense. He is a very emotionall, loyal and sensitive person. He has a strong moral compass, which we can see in his long tweet: "What you [Nathan] did is wrong!". He was writing from a very emotionall place, but those kind of emotions that are visible in the tweet are not the ones he is comfortable sharing (not Fe), as he mentioned, that he didn't now what else to do to stop the haters. He wouldn't normally share that, but he had to, even though he was not comfy with it. Those are not some "awwwing" "touchy-feely" emotions, but rather strong poetic-like. Very authentic and honest. Also, his face is not very expressive, he doesn't have a lot of grimases. That is very Fi-like.
He has Se, which can be explained how observant and in-tune with the physical surrounding he is. He also seems easily distracted and in touch with his senses. He isn't spacy and abstract like Ne would be. He is into his appereance, he works out :wink: and he likes to show that off, lucky me! :kitteh: He is into fashion as well. See how embarrassed he was when his brother Luke bought him T-shirts he didn't like.
He has Ni, which makes sense. He is very artistic, and not only does he draw, but he also plays the guitar and the ukulele. Everything has to have meaning in his life, and so did Ariana. She wasn't just a girl, but she was the symbol of his happiness. His "world" as he said. Since Ni is tertiary (and even if it wasn't :tongue: ), he can be moody and depressed. He was down MONTHS after the breakup, and he hasn't had a girlfriend ever since 2014! (IKR...? :shocked:) So that means that, like other Ni-users, he really has to have a CONNECTION with someone. He can't have meaningless sex. He needs a girl to touch his soul before touching his... OH, YOU KNOW! :laughing:
His inferior function is Te. Wich makes sense as he isn't demanding and domineering. As you can see, he always follows his older brother Luke. He goes along. He doesn't dictate. That is what happens when Te is inferior. But, of course, inferior functions are the most visible when someone is depressed, like he was. The way he was acussing Ariana of cheating, "attacking her brother" via social media and the way he was defendin himself with "attacking" showes inferior Te.

Overall, if he is an ISFP, that explains his mellow, sweet-guy attitude, his artsy-side, listening to emo songs and how he is the TOTALL opposite of an ENTJ. Cause he is a little kitten, not a lion! At least from what we can see... :wink:

If he is an ISFJ: His dominant function is Si. That makes sense because he is very humble, practical. He is really on the ground and not in the sky (opposite of Ne). He is a "live day by the day" guy and, as he said in an interview, "doesn't try to be the biggest star out there". That is very ISFJ-kind of modesty. I am not saying anything bad, but ISFJ is THE most common out of all 16 types and Jai can be a typical "guy next door" boy. Hahah. You can see the Si in his drawings as Si is all about the bass... Ooops! I meant all about details (damn you, Meghan Trainor! Haha) in all life spheres and drawing being one of them. As an Ne-dom artist (myself) I paint and draw those (accoring to SJs) "ugly" and "weird" pictures, for example, I painted what "excietement" looks like. And there were no forms and lines, just a (quoting SJs here): "a mess". Well, his drawings seem quite opposite. They are very "understandable" and "they are what they are". There is no meaning behind them.
Auxiliary Fe explaines how he never hesitated to express his feelings for his girl. Look at the first pic (the tweet he sent), look at the video when he names 5 reasons they are perfect for each other. He seems to have that warm Fe. It is very rare nowadays for young people, especially famous young people to admit that they ARE IN LOVE and that they HAVE a girlfriend. He was kissing her all the time and he was always expressing his love. He also talked about how he planned to grow old with her, which seems very traditional and SJ-like. He even sang the song in a video here "Give me that old-school love right now!" He is hugging her, touching her... Fe is forgiving (well not in my case) and he forgave her and they got back together.
Ti would be his over-thinking and over-analyzing of situations.
Ne... Well, honestly, I don't see it. :blushed: Inferior function tend to show when one is being depressed. And I see inferior Te wich is very childish as it tends to boss people around when one is feeling opressed, so that he'she can redeem her hurt emotions. That would be his long tweet and the very beginning of the Questiona nd Answer video when he yells at his roommate. But that mean ISFP.
When a function is inferior, it is manifested in its worst shape and form. Maybe I am biased, but I don't see how Ne can be bad. :crazy:
I mean, it is SOOOOO libertaing, but I guess not when inferior. I assume that inferior Ne can be described as "cluelessness" and having no idea and "no way out". That can be explained by how he felt totally trapped in his depression, in the long tweet.

OK, so which storry is more convincing?! :wink: I was a reall devil's advocate here, wasn't I? :wink: :crazy: :cool:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@SimplyRivers PLEASE help me (develope your inferior Fe ;) ) with this, this means SO much to me. And don't get swayed away by my thinking process. Explain to me your own. Thank you! God bless you, pal!

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I can definitely see how ISFP makes sense for mr Brooks here.

One of the first things that stood out to me was how his facial expressions are fairly neutral (which means low or no Fe), but his physical 'expressions' were very 'heavy' and solid (which points to high Se). His body language speaks volumes, his facial expressions.. don't :p

He's very matter of fact; either things are or they aren't. He doesn't seem to have a lot of patience for anything else. So again, sensor is likely.
His sensing seems to be focused on his environment, what is and isn't there, and he shows a great attunement to how he can affect that environment. In contrast, he doesn't seem to care much about how the environment affects him. Se > Si.

His moral compass seems like it's one of his most important assets, he can't go around it. He reasons mostly based on this. His Fi seems very high in his stacking, from the little I've seen of him. Especially when I go on what I've read in this thread so far.

So, based on this, he'd be either an ISFP or an ESFP. And between those, I'd say the 'obvious' typing would be ISFP, as he seems like he's pretty much the opposite from an extrovert.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
@Octupus1

I would definitely have to coincide with you, because by your description he is more relaxed. The reason I thought he may be an ISFJ, because he seemed to have Fe in his letter. However, it may just be that he is not a stereotypical ISFP and has some ISFJ tendencies.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
@SimplyRivers well here is a video where he describes himself. That way you can judge best. He know himself more than we know him... Or DOES he? :wink: He is the one on the left. (He always seems to be on the left and he is a LEFTIE, but I think that this video is mirrored, so that he seems like a "righty"...... Hahahha) Anyway, I have to disagree, because his letter seems really Fi-dom, so much so that I was thinking between ISFP or INFP, but I think he is an ISFP.
Starts at 4:20

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
@SimplyRivers well here is a video where he describes himself. That way you can judge best. He know himself more than we know him... Or DOES he? :wink: He is the one on the left. (He always seems to be on the left and he is a LEFTIE, but I think that this video is mirrored, so that he seems like a "righty"...... Hahahha) Anyway, I have to disagree, because his letter seems really Fi-dom, so much so that I was thinking between ISFP or INFP, but I think he is an ISFP.
Starts at 4:20
Yes, I would have to agree with you.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@SimplyRivers Thank you! WOW! You are smart, you don't argue with me! :wink: Some other people here should learn to be like you! :tongue: Now tell me, isn't he cute?
DO you think that his brother Luke is also ISFP? He seems T-ish to me. He may be an ISTP? What do you think?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
@SimplyRivers Thank you! WOW! You are smart, you don't argue with me! :wink: Some other people here should learn to be like you! :tongue: Now tell me, isn't he cute?
DO you think that his brother Luke is also ISFP? He seems T-ish to me. He may be an ISTP? What do you think?
He could be, but I don't have enough info. Though, in the video he did say he was upfront and sarcastic quite often.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@SimplyRivers It doesn't really matter that much for Luke. Jai is the cute one. BTW, what does this "Egalitarian" thing mean? ILI is socioncs type. I know that, since I am an ILE, RCUEI is The Big Five. I know that because I am an SCUEI there. 5w6 is Enneagram. Typical for INTPs, BTW. I am 7w8, which is pretty commn for ENTPs, and, ofcourse you are INTP in MBTI, I am ENTP, but I am REALLY curious what does "Egalitarian" mean?
Would you mind checking this out: http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/778386-i-am-entp-7w8-scuei-ile-sanguine-add-everything-you-know-about-combo.html :*

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@Gossip Goat why do you think so? Because he is a celebrity? That is so shallow to think somthin like that. He is an OBVIOUS introvert. 106%. It is SO obvious. And he DOES have a high Se, but it is only auxiliary: Fi-Se-Ni-Te (ISFP) not dominant: Se-Fi-Te-Ni (ESFP).

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
@SimplyRivers It doesn't really matter that much for Luke. Jai is the cute one. BTW, what does this "Egalitarian" thing mean? ILI is socioncs type. I know that, since I am an ILE, RCUEI is The Big Five. I know that because I am an SCUEI there. 5w6 is Enneagram. Typical for INTPs, BTW. I am 7w8, which is pretty commn for ENTPs, and, ofcourse you are INTP in MBTI, I am ENTP, but I am REALLY curious what does "Egalitarian" mean?
Would you mind checking this out: http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/778386-i-am-entp-7w8-scuei-ile-sanguine-add-everything-you-know-about-combo.html :*
Oh Egalitarian means I believe in the equality for all persons. It's nothing to do with personality.

·
Sunset Stripper
9,635 Posts
@Gossip Goat why do you think so? Because he is a celebrity? That is so shallow to think somthin like that. He is an OBVIOUS introvert. 106%. It is SO obvious. And he DOES have a high Se, but it is only auxiliary: Fi-Se-Ni-Te (ISFP) not dominant: Se-Fi-Te-Ni (ESFP).

Chill out. There's no indication that that was my reasoning. They seem very in the moment type of people (the twins and Beau), living in the present, the high of the moment and such. He may very well be introverted as a person but that has little correlation with introverted jungian functions. I suggest ESFP because they remind me of Kimmy from Full House who I believe is an ESFP.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts