Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some quotes:

Ultimately, when you get to work, whether you're shooting a horror movie or an action or a thriller or a comedy or a romance or a western, I think you have to get there, and then just make it real for your character. It's kind of a blessing and a curse to the actor. Luckily for the actor, we get to just worry about our performance. But unluckily for the actor, you can't really let the genre get in your head, because if you start playing that you're in a horror movie, then it becomes a cheesy horror movie.... The audience is going to laugh and get out of there. You just have to make it real.

I'm so happy with my family, my career and my friends, and I'd like for them to be here forever, so I guess loss is what scares me the most.

Don't place expectations on someone. Enjoy the time you have together, and let it go where it goes.

If we'd ended up becoming a hit show with 20 million viewers, it wouldn't be as great an experience, because our fans would be nameless and faceless and get lost in it. We meet them at conventions, we recognize them and remember them, and they feel like a real family to us.

My drama coach gave me a lot of self-confidence when I wasn`t sure of myself.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I want to say Fe due to the way he is pretty connective to those around him (warm, feels like here there with them) But that could be something to do with enneagram stacking. But my instinct is for Fe.

He seems to refer inside enough through the way his eyes can be direct, but also moving downwards often, for me to consider introversion. But that doesn't have to mean Introversion.

Hehe, not very sure, but a stab I suppose at guessing.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response.

@Liminality what do you think his Ennegram stacking is? He seems difficult to type for me. I would definitely pick F of the MBTI letters, but the other three letters are extremely hard for me to see. I could see introversion but I also think he has a high energy level and he is very quick. Usually introverts have to take a moment to internalize what ever it is that is happening within them and then they respond after they've dealt with whatever is working inside them. He always seems in motion only stopping when asked for more depth. He also seems to be energized by others more often the not. Very difficult.

Do you think he is sensing or intuitive?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Yeah, I didn't put down a suggestion because I'm not sure, and Fi + So, or Sx (non withdrawn lead, though depending on the type, sp/so could be possible, he's more light than intense (Though there's still a groundedness (high energy and quick like you say, be he's not here there and everywhere, I suppose there's still something like intensity, but it's not dark or overwhelming; it's pretty feelerish connective/related to his personal inside) and thoughtfullness), more warm than cold, more connected than withdrawn, but not assertive) stackings still is Fiish by nature, so I don't know that it would necessarily look more Feish. Sx/Sp and Sp/Sx I doubt.

I'd guess if he's sx dominant, it's not gonna be one of the more assertive types - so not 1, 3, probably not 5, depends on the kind of 6, probably not 8. I'm not well versed enough in what they look like. I also doubt 4, 5 and perhaps 7.

YouTube Exemplars of Enneagram Types (Enneagram of Personality) - Pastebin.com this might help, but it's lots of trawling, and the typing is only so accurate.

Possibilties I won't directly take out:
2w1
2w3
3w2 so first is more likely
3w4 so/sx seems most likely, though I'm not sure he's a 3, but I'll put this here.
6w7 so or sp first.
9w8, not sx/so
9w1, not sx/sp

I agree on your comments about him not seeming so introverted. I was wondering about what other function/place (what's his process like internally) he's referring to - which is perhaps how I'd interpret it, if that's the right way of phrasing it.

Sensing or Intuitive. Really don't know. If he's an intuitive I'd say ENFJ, though his humour seems a little bit more...I don't know...robotic than ENFJs I know - it comes less easily to him/feels kinda less strong and all encompassing/connected to the person (The sandwhich on Ellen and the start of the last video you posted feel a little uncomfortable/less responsive to what's there in the moment, obviously they're scripted shows, but it's just something about the way he carries it), though also to the one ESFJ I know. But maybe I'm over analysing.

I think EFJ, or ISFJ could work for him. But this is mainly on the feeling that he's a Fe user. :confused:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can see why your seeing a lot of Fe, he seems very other orientated. I'm trying to find a clip that's just focused on him and his responses in terms of finding what his internal process is. I wonder if this could be more helpful in terms of finding his other functions.

Getting a lot of S from him here.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I read in more places that he's ESFP, but to be fair, I haven't watched any interviews with him, so I wouldn't know him from Eve. Will comment once I get to catch up on that, whether it fits or not.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
So, now that I have seen about a zillion billion interviews, and noticed that Jared does most of the talking on stage, as well as most of the goofing, and almost all the improvisation, I'm pretty damn sure he is ESFP. He talks in reference to observations, experiences, exploration, uses his whole body and face to illustrate his point, and uses a whole bunch of onomatopoeia. The way he acts, you don't get much more Se than that. From what I hear on Twitter, he's not loathe to sharing his own opinions, regardless of how they will be received, which seems Fi. However, it looks like his social instinct is the strongest, so he is very much a people person.

ESFP.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts