Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised by the fact that I couldn't find a thread like this, so I'll start it.

How do MBTI types relate to the Jedi and Sith?

What are the objectives, values, interests, relationships, ideas, tendencies, rules, principles, etc... of the Jedi and Sith in correlation with MBTI types.

If you're not into Star Wars, maybe considering paralleling this idea with "Good and Evil" or "Hero or Villain" might be useful for you.

What are your thoughts?
I hope a philosophical deathmatch is to be triggered...

:D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Actually, there is a similar thread, but typing the characters in the SWTOR mmorpg. But we kinda delved into this :)

Hmm, well, the Jedi have a set of morals that dictate how they are supposed to live their lives, and base their morals on heroism, self sacrifice, and inner and outer peace. They seem very Fe to me. They believe in the "greater good" and will sacrifice the happiness of others in order to achieve it. The Jedi are awesome, but they've done a lot of crap that they deserve to be called out on XP They are very self righteous, and often use a vision for the future to dictate their present actions.
NFs...NFs everywhere XD I feel that most types with an NF temperament would be drawn to the Jedi lifestyle. Most Jedi counsel members tho, I see a lot of Te/Ti. Mostly Te. Logically, according to these sets of rules, this should be the outcome blah blah blah. Their bad decisions kinda tore apart what bit of good the Old Republic did.

As for the Sith, I would say their unhealthy use of emotions to be very Fi oriented. They foment the idea to use your emotions (all of them) as fuel for anger. That is....very unhealthy XD Trained to be manipulators, grew up with a sense of hatred to those surrounding you, and with a thirst for power and prominence. Opposed to weakness and lack of competence, and any benign quality in anyone is viewed as a handicap. I think an unhealthy ENFP would climb the ladder of power quickly. Their morals would be based on the Sith pledge, and they'd be a master of manipulation.

That's what I've thought of so far :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts