Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some Quotes:

I love the smell of shampoo on a girl's hair. You can walk past someone and be like, 'Wow, you took a shower this morning, didn't you? Because you smell lovely!'

I was in preschool and a girl actually kissed me on the cheek. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what it meant, so I instantly grabbed her face and kissed her on the lips. And, then I got suspended.

The worst gift that I ever gave a girl was a suitcase for Christmas. As in, 'I can't think of anything to give you, but here's a new suitcase.' Afterward, I was like, 'What were you thinking, idiot?'

What I enjoy most is travelling to different places and meeting new people. For me, it's all about life experiences, and I'm very grateful that acting allows me so many interesting and fulfilling ones.

2:00 mark and beyond.
:50 mark and beyond

Seems like ISTx. I'm getting ISTP from him. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I could get on board with ISTP. His particular brand of "can't act" reminds me of Kristen Stewart's.

Reactions: Arrow

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's interesting... he seems to play some sort of xSTP in Supernatural as well.
Interesting, you think Dean is an xSTP? I think he plays Dean as an ESFP more then an xSTP. He becomes more xSTJ like in times of crisis. But overall Dean seems to me to be a feeler, he is all about keeping his family together in all situations. He says his father and brother are the most important things in his life and all he really wants from life is to be around them and make sure they are safe. In times of stress he does represses his emotions until they get the best of him but he is generally a pretty easy going guy.

That being said he has played other xSTP characters. You could argue that Alec/Ben from Dark Angel could be seen as an xSTP character. I would say his Dawson Creek and Smallville roles seemed a bit more J based though from what I caught of them.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Interesting, you think Dean is an xSTP? I think he plays Dean as an ESFP more then an xSTP. He becomes more xSTJ like in times of crisis. But overall Dean seems to me to be a feeler, he is all about keeping his family together in all situations. He says his father and brother are the most important things in his life and all he really wants from life is to be around them and make sure they are safe. In times of stress he does represses his emotions until they get the best of him but he is generally a pretty easy going guy.

That being said he has played other xSTP characters. You could argue that Alec/Ben from Dark Angel could be seen as an xSTP character. I would say his Dawson Creek and Smallville roles seemed a bit more J based though from what I caught of them.
I don't watch Supernatural, but my roommate also insists that he's an ESTP.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I've only seen a few episodes so, my views cannot be as valid as a constant viewer. I can definitely see ESTP for Dean from what I've watched. He is definitely an Se-dom though... I don't think there's any other way to spin that. His emotions come out due to stressful situations which would show truth to a higher caliber T over F. As for Sam I would go INxJ from what I've seen. Though, this is all completely off topic.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts

I've only seen a few episodes so, my views cannot be as valid as a constant viewer. I can definitely see ESTP for Dean from what I've watched. He is definitely an Se-dom though... I don't think there's any other way to spin that. His emotions come out due to stressful situations which would show truth to a higher caliber T over F. As for Sam I would go INxJ from what I've seen. Though, this is all completely off topic.
I can definitely see Dean as Se-dom. I haven't yet decided on his judging function, am only a couple episodes in to make a valid value judgment on that. I do get the impression of Sam though, that he's an INTJ.

The thing about Fi is, that it doesn't necessarily become obvious to outsiders, even if placed relatively high. You can have ESFPs, who don't come across very feelery, because Fi is private. And you get ESTPs who come across very feely, because they have tertiary Fe, which is extroverted feeling, and all out there for everyone to see, and in tertiary position, it is often used. Which in ESFPs is Te, which makes them/us look much more harsh.

For the moment I'm going with:
Dean - ESxP
Sam - INTJ

I reserve the right to change my mind though, as I get more into this.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Sooo, I watched the interviews, and he is definitely Se dom. I was looking specifically to establish whether Ti or Fi. Of course, I'd have to know him better, and see him in more interviews, but going on what's provided, I would say he shows Fi. When talking about anything of what happened, what he was doing, etc, he is very enthusiastic and willing to share. If the interviewer directs all her attention directly to him, and comments on him, rather than his actions, he shuts down temporarily, and looks awkward, and you can see he's clearly uncomfortable talking about something that might turn personal.

Thus, going with first impression, ESFP.

Could still be ESTP, I'll keep an open mind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.