Personality Cafe banner
161 - 180 of 265 Posts

·
Banned
29 Posts
One must clarify whether they are speaking from Jesus' recorded behavior, or from the theoretical perspective that Jesus was the perfect human. (as i often dont do)

Because, if two people differ in which basis they are speaking from, it can cause serious problems, for example:

With the theoretical perspective that Jesus was the perfect human:

--The MBTI is not based on bias and prejudice, and identifies equal strengths with each type.

Therefore Jesus could not have a type.

In order to avoid potential prejudice, all we have to do is clarify whether we are speaking of his behavior as recorded, or from a theoretical perspective.

·
Banned
580 Posts
It's hard enough to try typing fictional characters but I really don't see a point in trying to type Jesus - he was a real person (Roman and Jewish sources confirm this) but all we have about him (besides this very basic information from non-Christian sources) are writings from authors who lived a century after he died. Plus, Matthew and Luke both copied from Mark so three of four preserved gospels are very, very similar to each other.
(Two-source hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
The evangelists' aim was not to tell ensuing ages what his personality traits were like (after all, they didn't even know him themselves) but to portray him as the son of God. To make his resurrection more plausible, he is given non-human qualities already in life - I think therefore we cannot possible guess the MBTI type neither of the historical Jesus nor the exaggerated Jesus of the Bible.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I'm interested; you think there are certain traits none of the types have yet claimed? Like which traits?
like coming back from the dead and turning water into wine, that kinda stuff. XD And his compassion is unmet by any type...even the NF's. We can be nice, but to that amount of selflessness? I don't believe so. As humans, we all have a certain selfish streak. Even if we are more "other" oriented, we still want things for ourself and get upset when we aren't treated as we want to be.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Although i'm not a huge fan with anything " Religious ", if i had to take a guess at what humans have in common with this being some refer to as " Jesus Christ " , i would say ' Love is the common Denominator ". Then again one doesn't have to be religious in order to come to a conclusion that love will prevail over hate.

Reactions: SilentScream

·
Banned
327 Posts
Although he could technically be considered all types, I'd always thought him to be xNFJ. He seems like an ambivert to me.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I am pretty sure he would fall under NF somehow. I am inclined to believe that he was more introverted than extroverted. For instance, when he was constantly bombarded by large groups of people, he would need to take off for a while to pray and recharge. There are many examples where he just has to retreat and be alone. It was usually the case that people came to him and not the other way around. Of course he said a lot of things (over a three-year period), but I think that was driven more by passion and duty than a desire to talk a lot.

INFJ seems to make sense, but that's just how I see it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Mark me if I'm wrong, but there was a dualistic side to him, part God, part man. I believe the man type was infj.
That all depends on your theology. Most Christians would probably draw a line in between his divine and human natures. I guess that brings up the question: What is God's (or whatever part of Jesus was not man) personality type? Have fun!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I see the human side of Jesus as deep, meditative-type, not very open but mysterious, loved loneliness. He loved people, but not like extroverted, he get tired of being with people hole day... so he have to be INFx.

Reactions: Hokahey

·
Registered
8,673 Posts
The type that defines "Love". What His type is, is irrelevant. His work is what's important. The accounts and perceptions of those who have long past (and in this case always with us depending on belief) are pretty hard to substantiate one way or another, there are different accounts and perceptions of Jesus. I'm sure you could logically define the functions, however the accuracy will always be questioned and unclear at least (again depending on belief) in our living lives.

161 - 180 of 265 Posts