Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I read that this guy is ENTJ. There is absolutely no way in hell that this guy is an ENTJ. I vote for ENFP. Who's with me?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
JT : Jim Carrey fait son show lors du 20 heures - Les journaux du Week-end - Vidos

One proof if you know some french, that Jim Carrey is some ENxP type. He tries to "seduce" for fun the most INTJ french journalist, a woman known for a cold in the beginning. And then in the end, he shouts "I love you Paris" with a crazy voice... Even if you don't speak french you can see his behavior. He even manages to cheer up this usually very cold journalist !

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Check this out, this 3-minute interview is more illuminating than even I thought it'd be: A Rare Side Of Jim Carrey - 60 Minutes - CBS News

I think Jim Carrey is a very complex personality. I honestly have no clue what he is.

Plus, he mentions a "secret spot" and shows the completely unexpected place of this in the interview. Now that is one hell of an E....

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
ESFP! He's sooo ESFP. His comic style is in the moment, very physical, using his voice, face, body, etc. ESFPs can be VERY quick, hilarious entertainers and their inner Fi adds a level of complexity and depth if developed well.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
ESFP! He's sooo ESFP. His comic style is in the moment, very physical, using his voice, face, body, etc. ESFPs can be VERY quick, hilarious entertainers and their inner Fi adds a level of complexity and depth if developed well.
I see what you mean, but I think that is the character he plays. I think ENTP.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
He probably an E (though you never know)

He is definitely an N but most likely with developed Se. His humor is very Ne based though, there is far too much going on in that brain of his when he is performing for him to not be using Ne.

He is definitely an F. If you know anything about him in real life you would know that he is a very values driven person.

He is most likely a P though maybe an X. He could even be a J when you compare him to real P comedians like robin williams.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I don't care what anyone says Cable Guy is his finest hour! ^__________^

·
Registered
392 Posts
I think he IS an ENTJ: He is very goal oriented, comes to conclusions out loud, and his animated-ness is the Se that seems to make a point (as coming from Ni). His comic genius comes from being well-studied in comedy. I think his success has come as much from working hard and mastering his craft as it has come from natural talent. His seeming emotionality, I believe, is mostly due to his ability to act; he has simply developed it. Look at Ace Ventura - total ENTJ (confrontational, sarcastic, strategic, deductive).

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
In the book "Personality Type: An Owner's Manual", Lenore Thomson uses Jim Carey as her ENTP example.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Enfp......

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In the book "Personality Type: An Owner's Manual", Lenore Thomson uses Jim Carey as her ENTP example.
Who gives a damn what one woman types him. Where is the Ti in him? Show me the Ti.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Who gives a damn what one woman types him.
Erm... Lenore Thomson quite literally wrote the book on modern Jungian typology. Hers is one of the principal methodologies used for typing, so if she claims someone to be a certain type, they probably are that type, at least by her method of typing.

Though I don't necessarily buy her typology method, which is why I typed him an F.

Reactions: Gossip Goat

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Erm... Lenore Thomson quite literally wrote the book on modern Jungian typology. Hers is one of the principal methodologies used for typing, so if she claims someone to be a certain type, they probably are that type, at least by her method of typing.

Though I don't necessarily buy her typology method, which is why I typed him an F.
I don't give a damn. David Kiersey is huge in the MBTI field as well and he typed Teddy Roosevelt as an ESTP, when if you really do research he is an ENTP. I could give less of a damn what that woman says.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Teddy was actually probably ESTP. JFK was more of an ENTP.

And Keirsey is a huge ***. I did mention that you have to buy into someone's type theory to buy their typings didn't I? There really isn't an objective method of typology, because ultimately typology is arbitrary -- a fact which actually kinda pisses me off, but is no less true for that.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts