Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He seemed to have been an INFP, but seemed to have traits of both enneagram types. He seemed more of a 7 than a four to me. What about the rest of you all?

·
Registered
565 Posts
i think 4w5 for sure, he always considered himself a poet. he liked to explore his emotions and himself. the whole sex drugs and rock and roll thing was something he tried to escape from, and largely he did in Paris - except for the drinking problem which he could not kick.

he didn't want fame or to be a sex symbol, to be known, he just wanted his words and feelings to be heard.

(just my opinion, btw)

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think 4w5 for sure, he always considered himself a poet. he liked to explore his emotions and himself. the whole sex drugs and rock and roll thing was something he tried to escape from, and largely he did in Paris - except for the drinking problem which he could not kick.

he didn't want fame or to be a sex symbol, to be known, he just wanted his words and feelings to be heard.

(just my opinion, btw)
That makes sense. I guess just because someone is a party animal, doesn't make them an enneagram 7.

·
Registered
565 Posts
plus, Fours strive for intensity, in every way. so if, like every rock band, they begin to party and live that life, instinctively the Four will immerse themselves completely in that experience in order to 'feel' it full, take it to the extreme - so it is understandable he went so far, Fours thrive on extremes.

all accounts i have heard, are that Jim was a real quiet, sensitive type but, when he was put in that 'rock and roll' situation, of drugs and women, he lost it and became someone else entirely

but to be honest, i know very little indeed about type 7.

EDIT:
and, i read somewhere that Unhealthy type 4s were known to become very 7-like.

·
Registered
437 Posts
type fours also create on outward appearance , sometimes unintentionally and then they see that they created it but can't escape trying to live up to that mold. i hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I'm one who's natural state is as a 7 who unhealthy becomes a 4 too. It goes both ways I think, at least from what I've read so far.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I always thought of him as a 4 but he could be both a 3 wing or 5 wing
The first time I took an enneagram test I mistyped as a 7 since I have a habit of trying to act like a 7 with people. So I guess he could have been a 4 who liked to project the image of a 7 quite easily.

Reactions: susurration

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Exactly.

He may even have a 3 wing. Alot of people say 4w3 looks like 7.

I doubt a 7 would write a song like "yes the river knows".
You are right he could be 4w3. I think sx/sp 4's look like 7's. It doesn't matter what the wing type is.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I love this forum. Whenever I have a question, I google it, and find my suspicions to be validated by you people here.

·
Registered
520 Posts
What's interesting about Morrison is that later in his life before his death he acted more like a 9. Or maybe still 4-ish but he had this vibe of calm and would just go wonder around the desert and travel and his vibe was very ''i don't care'' he grew a beard, never trimmed it, ate a lot more, drank a lot more, just didnt give a shit. Some may say that's sad but I kind of like that vibe he had towards the end of his life. He seemed content with things.

9,999 Posts
What's interesting about Morrison is that later in his life before his death he acted more like a 9. Or maybe still 4-ish but he had this vibe of calm and would just go wonder around the desert and travel and his vibe was very ''i don't care'' he grew a beard, never trimmed it, ate a lot more, drank a lot more, just didnt give a shit. Some may say that's sad but I kind of like that vibe he had towards the end of his life. He seemed content with things.
High as a kite.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
As is often the case, when one is stuck between 4 and 7, it just might not be either one of those...

He's a type 6w5, Sx/So. 469 tritype. This combo is often mistaken for type 4. 469 in any order will be a 'type 4' when going by RH.

In truth Morrison was heavily ruled by the Head center, though type 7 is an obvious misfit. He made no secret of his counter-phobia.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts