Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all! I've basically spent the past three weeks of my life searching for jobs, and man is it a frustrating and emotionally trying experience. I mean, of course I've done it before (this certainly won't be my first job), but it's just especially frustrating for me this time around, for some reason... So much getting yourself out there, making phonecalls, introducing yourself to strangers, trying to make yourself seem like an outgoing and social person when you aren't, necessarily... I am tired.

What do you guys do to cope with feeling dejected while hunting for jobs? Who do you talk to; what do you do? I'm just curious; I'm looking for a job out in California so I can secure an apartment ahead of the crowd for this summer and the following school year (I'll be damned if I'm going to shove myself back into the doubles dorms; talk about a nightmare of a year), so I've been doing a lot of calling back home to make sure my parents know how hard I am working. I like having them encourage me, as well as continue to reassure me that they won't be angry at me if I don't happen to get any of the jobs I've been trying so hard for. I keep stressing out because I just know they're going to be angry with me if I have no source of income this summer, so the constant phonecalls during which they reassure me otherwise keep that worry at bay.

So yeah, that's how I deal with it. What about you?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
My heart is with you. I can remember when I was looking for a job and how tough to do. When you do get one it will pay off for all the hard work you are doing now. And too if you are like I was, I used the time to grow as a person. The harder it is the more you will grow as you go through the process.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts