Personality Cafe banner

INTP Poll: What Fields Do You Work In? (Primary Income/s)

• Accounting, Banking & Financial Services

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Administration & Office Support

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Advertising, Arts, Media, Marketing & Communications, Human Resources & Recruitment

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Call Center, Customer Service, Hospitality & Tourism

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • CEO & General Management

• Community Services & Development

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Construction, Mining, Resources & Energy

• Consulting & Strategy

• Design & Architecture

• Education & Training

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Engineering, Science & Technology

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Farming, Animals & Conservation

• Government & Defense

• Healthcare & Medical

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Information & Communication Technology

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Legal

• Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics

• Real Estate & Property

• Self Employed, Student or Unemployed

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • Sports & Recreation

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From which areas do your primary income/s come from? (Or in the case of Volunteers, to which fields do you give your time?) Multiple choices are allowed, as some people have multiple sources of primary income. Some jobs are also multi-disciplinary, for example, a Doctor in Military Services, or a Trainer in Information Communication & Technology, in which case, multiple boxes should be selected.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
I'm a TA... I *think* that'd be education. And since I would like to have a job as a philosophy prof, I guess that counts too.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I suppose my job could fall into three categories: management, sales, and health care.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I suppose my job could fall into three categories: management, sales, and health care.
Dealing with people's problems, turning people into problems, and dealing with people's problems. Do you ever get sick of it? :bored:

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Dealing with people's problems, turning people into problems, and dealing with people's problems. Do you ever get sick of it? :bored:
I'm not sure yet. LOL I am in training for a new job. Seems promising so far, but time will tell...

Sometimes I think I'm too logical and rational for this field, but until I win the lottery, I'm stuck.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I want to be a doctor one day.
That requires my graduating high school first, though, for one thing.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where is the "Taking over the world" option? I guess I'll just select "Self-Employed..." It sounds so dull, though...
There's a twenty option limit in poll creation. It was either "Legal" or "Taking over the world," rest assured, there was a deep sense of inner shame about choosing to include "Legal." Sincerest apologies.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a TA... I *think* that'd be education. And since I would like to have a job as a philosophy prof, I guess that counts too.
What's a TA... ? First thing that comes to mind (with the "..." is TA DA!!)

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
What's a TA... ? First thing that comes to mind (with the "..." is TA DA!!)
Teacher's Assistant. Or, "how a grad student pays the bills." Or, at least I'm a TA this semester, other times, I'm an Independent Instructor. (More work, same pay, more fun.)

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
3,283 Posts
If I ever had to explain to people what my 'job' was... I think I would just shorthand it and tell them I was mime.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No sport either. Apparently INTPs can make good athletes. Don't really understand quite how that would work, but hope it's possible.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Looking at the poll its like people are saying:
the 0%s
1] I do not do Sports & Recreation. (obvious)
2] If you want some Consulting & Strategy.. I recommend you to change your whole model. There are too many things required to be changed. Creating from scratch is much better. (obvious: so does not get to do these stuff)

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
No sport either. Apparently INTPs can make good athletes. Don't really understand quite how that would work, but hope it's possible.
I find that if I rely on intuition, I can get some crazy shit right(i.e awkward shots in tennis and badminton)

I’m too lazy to practice properly, and drill technique into my head, so I oscillate from appalling shots to inventing things on the spot and successfully returning the ball.

When I’m relaxed, introspective and relying on low level functioning to process external stimuli(coupled with intuition I assume) I’ve found I have some pretty good reflexes.
A friend was counting money as he was getting ready to pay for some coffee, 10cents rolled out of his hand and I had caught it a few centimeters below his hand, before I had even realised what I was doing. If I had known that was coming, I would never ever have been capable of catching it before it hit the floor.
I also managed to save a girl from a concussion/massive gash across the side of her head, an idiot randomly threw a stone over a bush and I caught a glimpse of it hurtling towards her head shortly before it would have hit. Same thing, I had caught the stone before I knew what I was doing(and it fucking hurt too).
Had I known that was coming, she might have possibly ended up with a scar, at the very least. The best bit is she doesn't even know that it happened, she was staring at the ground.

I think with structured, repetitive practice(an INTP’s nightmare) drilling technique into the subconscious, an INTP could be quite adept at coming up with tailored strategies for a given scenario in a relatively short period of time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts