• NF - Unsure / No preference

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
I'm a foreigner and I would vote for Donald Trump, definitely. I know that Trump isn't the most likeable person, but he is the only one who is able to bring about positive changes to the USA.

Joe Biden has a weak personality, he reminds me of Obama, and if he's a president, he wouldn't be able to bring much positive changes to the USA. Trump actually managed to create a lot more jobs as compared to Obama. An average of 17, 700 new jobs were created under Obama per month, while an average of 17, 822 new jobs were created under Trump per month. The state's overall economic output under Obama only rose 17.25 percent, while the overall economic output under Trump is up between 17.4 percent to 17.9 per cent. The state's average hourly pay under Obama is only a 7.8 percent increase, while the hourly wage has a 9.6 percent increase under Trump.
Joe Biden has the same weak personality as Obama, and if he becomes the president, this is how the economy in USA would look like. It would be very similar to the time when Obama was the president, there would be fewer new jobs being created, lower overall economic output, lower hourly pay etc.

If you want to transform the USA into a much better place, you will need someone who is strong and opinionated and able to make decisions easily such as Donald Trump to bring about those positive changes.
If a president has a weak personality, such as Joe Biden and Obama, the USA would be in huge disaster and the unemployment rate would all start to skyrocket, lol.
LOL. What's the difference, lol. And i'm sure many Americans have lost their job because of COVID-19 and Trump's weak response. Don't get me wrong. I would've voted Trump in 2016 as well, but he simply failed to bring positive change. He's a weak leader, who's more concerned about himself than about the fate & health of millions of Americans. He's not behaving like a real president. That being said Joe Biden isn't ideal and he has his own scandals (Tara Reade, the entire left doesn't believe them, but the same people condemned Kavanaugh. I can't take them seriously. Only #MeToo when it fits them and the Hunter Biden and Ukraine scandal which backfired on Trump). Joe Biden is a boring white old man who is plain forgettable, has no youth support and can lose a very winnable election.

In April, the unemployment rate increased by 10.3 percentage points to 14.7 percent. This is the
highest rate and the largest over-the-month increase in the history of the series (seasonally adjusted data
are available back to January 1948). The number of unemployed persons rose by 15.9 million to 23.1
million in April. The sharp increases in these measures reflect the effects of the coronavirus pandemic
and efforts to contain it. (See table A-1. For more information about how the household survey and its
measures were affected by the coronavirus pandemic, see the box note on page 5.)
In April, unemployment rates rose sharply among all major worker groups. The rate was 13.0 percent
for adult men, 15.5 percent for adult women, 31.9 percent for teenagers, 14.2 percent for Whites, 16.7
percent for Blacks, 14.5 percent for Asians, and 18.9 percent for Hispanics. The rates for all of these
groups, with the exception of Blacks, represent record highs for their respective series. (See tables A-1,
A-2, and A-3.)
The number of unemployed persons who reported being on temporary layoff increased about ten-fold
to 18.1 million in April. The number of permanent job losers increased by 544,000 to 2.0 million. (See
table A-11.)
In April, the number of unemployed persons who were jobless less than 5 weeks increased by 10.7
million to 14.3 million, accounting for almost two-thirds of the unemployed. The number of
unemployed persons who were jobless 5 to 14 weeks rose by 5.2 million to 7.0 million. The number of
long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks or more), at 939,000, declined by 225,000 over the
month and represented 4.1 percent of the unemployed. (See table A-12.)
The labor force participation rate decreased by 2.5 percentage points over the month to 60.2 percent,
the lowest rate since January 1973 (when it was 60.0 percent). Total employment, as measured by the
household survey, fell by 22.4 million to 133.4 million. The employment-population ratio, at 51.3
percent, dropped by 8.7 percentage points over the month. This is the lowest rate and largest over-themonth decline in the history of the series (seasonally adjusted data are available back to January 1948).
(See table A-1.)
The number of persons who usually work full time declined by 15.0 million over the month, and the
number who usually work part time declined by 7.4 million. Part-time workers accounted for one-third
of the over-the-month employment decline. (See table A-9.)
The number of persons at work part time for economic reasons nearly doubled over the month to 10.9
million. These individuals, who would have preferred full-time employment, were working part time
because their hours had been reduced or they were unable to find full-time jobs. This group includes
persons who usually work full time and persons who usually work part time. (See table A-8.)
The number of persons not in the labor force who currently want a job, at 9.9 million, nearly doubled
in April. These individuals were not counted as unemployed because they were not actively looking for
work during the last 4 weeks or were unavailable to take a job. (See table A-1.)
Persons marginally attached to the labor force—a subset of persons not in the labor force who
currently want a job—numbered 2.3 million in April, up by 855,000 over the month. These individuals
were not in the labor force, wanted and were available for work, and had looked for a job sometime in
the prior 12 months but had not looked for work in the 4 weeks preceding the survey. Discouraged

-3-
workers, a subset of the marginally attached who believed that no jobs were available for them,
numbered 574,000 in April, little changed from the previous month. (See Summary table A.)

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #142 (Edited)
Andrew Yang says he's open to challenging Biden in 2024 if former VP wins in 2020

Biden will likely serve only one term, however Yang has said he will challenge Biden perhaps in 2024.

if he's not mayor of New York

Does Andrew Yang Want to Be New York’s Post-Coronavirus Mayor?

Andrew Yang was my second choice, but 2020 was Sanders' last campaign. It's time to move on. I would very much like to see a Yang / Ojeda ticket. Ojeda is a blue collar working class veteran who's endorsed Yang after he dropped out of the race, and Yang endorsed him in the West Virginia senate race, but he's a great guy and someone I admire him a lot. He made a +50 Trump district competitive during the midterms of 2018, showing his popularity. He's one of us, not one of those crooked politicians. He's straight from coal country and pretty left-wing.

And here's the thing. Yang is young and he has vision!

·
Registered
15,046 Posts
In 2024, i will support Yang.
Same.

I was thinking about voting for him back when he was in the race, and that's rare because I hate the idea of voting for anyone.

I'm not voting in Biden vs. Trump. I don't care what people say about "not voting means you're supporting the greater evil," I can't bring myself to put my name behind either candidate.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
LOL. What's the difference, lol. And i'm sure many Americans have lost their job because of COVID-19 and Trump's weak response. Don't get me wrong. I would've voted Trump in 2016 as well, but he simply failed to bring positive change. He's a weak leader, who's more concerned about himself than about the fate & health of millions of Americans. He's not behaving like a real president. That being said Joe Biden isn't ideal and he has his own scandals (Tara Reade, the entire left doesn't believe them, but the same people condemned Kavanaugh. I can't take them seriously. Only #MeToo when it fits them and the Hunter Biden and Ukraine scandal which backfired on Trump). Joe Biden is a boring white old man who is plain forgettable, has no youth support and can lose a very winnable election.
At least Trump is pro-life and he is against abortion and he even went to attend an anti-abortion rally, unlike Joe Biden who actually supported pro-choice and encouraged abortion.

I find myself questioning Joe Biden's morals, I can't see myself ever voting for a president who doesn't hesitate to intentionally take away people's lives. Yuck. There are so many people out there who wanted a children but they are unable to give birth, and Joe Biden is trying to legalize abortion. Do you know how the future of U.S. would look like under Joe Biden?
There would be many innocent babies being killed. This is how the future of U.S. would look like if Joe Biden were to become president.

Trump might have many imperfections, but at least he doesn't encourage people to murder their own babies.

If Trump is a selfish asshole, then Biden is a murderer.
That Biden guy hardly have any morals inside him. Why would I want to vote for someone immoral like Joe Biden?
I'd rather vote for a selfish asshole than a murderer.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51239795
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/482133-warren-biden-call-for-law-to-protect-abortion-rights

·
Registered
39 Posts
The poll follow Keirsey's temperaments thus could not really show really distinct pattern. That is the first point, second it is not really a competition of who is the best but rather who one can live with, between the two options.

I have a hunch that if the options are SJ, SP, NJ and NP then the result will follow more clear pattern:
- SJ having hard time to tolerate Biden. Unsure is the least.
- SP having hard time to tolerate Trump. Unsure is more.
- NJ easier to tolerate Trump. Unsure is lesser.
- NP easier to tolerate Biden. Unsure is the most.
Pay attention to the difference between having hard time vs easier to.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
At least Trump is pro-life and he is against abortion and he even went to attend an anti-abortion rally, unlike Joe Biden who actually supported pro-choice and encouraged abortion.

I find myself questioning Joe Biden's morals, I can't see myself ever voting for a president who doesn't hesitate to intentionally take away people's lives. Yuck. There are so many people out there who wanted a children but they are unable to give birth, and Joe Biden is trying to legalize abortion. Do you know how the future of U.S. would look like under Joe Biden?
There would be many innocent babies being killed. This is how the future of U.S. would look like if Joe Biden were to become president.

Trump might have many imperfections, but at least he doesn't encourage people to murder their own babies.

If Trump is a selfish asshole, then Biden is a murderer.
That Biden guy hardly have any morals inside him. Why would I want to vote for someone immoral like Joe Biden?
I'd rather vote for a selfish asshole than a murderer.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51239795
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/482133-warren-biden-call-for-law-to-protect-abortion-rights
Being pro-life or pro-choice is your decision, and I can't change your opinion on it. If you vote for Trump because of that, i'm honestly totally fine with it, because that's a good argumentation on why you want to vote / support Trump. You're pro-life and he's pro-life and Biden is not. The only thing ironical about people being pro-life is that they often vote for the same party that is pro-death sentence, also intentionally taking people's lives away, even if they did something horrible.

My own view is that I would never support my girlfriend doing it, and while she has the option to "choose", i think you need to make a choice as a couple. If she wanted to abort a child, that would very well end up the end of my relationship, but it's her choice, and woman are allowed to make a choice, and face the consequences. In most of the cases, i have no say in it. I don't care about it. And it doesn't have an influence on my vote.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
The poll follow Keirsey's temperaments thus could not really show really distinct pattern. That is the first point, second it is not really a competition of who is the best but rather who one can live with, between the two options.

I have a hunch that if the options are SJ, SP, NJ and NP then the result will follow more clear pattern:
- SJ having hard time to tolerate Biden. Unsure is the least.
- SP having hard time to tolerate Trump. Unsure is more.
- NJ easier to tolerate Trump. Unsure is lesser.
- NP easier to tolerate Biden. Unsure is the most.
Pay attention to the difference between having hard time vs easier to.
That's true, but i doubt that would change things. We also have a very small sample of people being polled. And most of it are people who are often busy on the internet, meaning a higher amount of both trolls and internet "liberals". What i do notice is that American people online are more liberal than foreigners online for some reason, basically in foreign countries we already have liberalism established, while in America they're behind on that. Look at healthcare which is a total disaster in the USA. People here are more concerned about immigration, the economy and the right behaves more tolerable than in America where they're total douches or much more conservative than the European right.

How often do i hear my own right-wing friends speaking negative about Trump. Very often. That's why the GOP actually has a future, if they're able to reform and change, but I doubt they're going to do that soon.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Joe Biden is a boring white old man who is plain forgettable, has no youth support and can lose a very winnable election.
Exactly. I don't know what's worse. Leaving Trump in presidency or vote for "Uncle Joe".

Reactions: Lakigigar

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Same.

I was thinking about voting for him back when he was in the race, and that's rare because I hate the idea of voting for anyone.

I'm not voting in Biden vs. Trump. I don't care what people say about "not voting means you're supporting the greater evil," I can't bring myself to put my name behind either candidate.
If i was an American AND i lived in a swing state, i would probably vote for Biden reluctantly, because the Democrats have played this race a bit more fairly than in 2016 where 2016 was all about "The Democrats aren't allowed to win after how dirty they played it", and "let's give Trump a chance, he's not a politician, maybe things would really change". I have noticed that Biden does poll better among older people in polls, but worse among the youth who either won't show up or reluctantly vote Biden.

The argument of i will vote Biden because he's not a sexist, is also obsolete, because he's being very awkward and touchy among women, and has his own Kavanaugh scandal popping up (Tara Reade). I don't know who to believe. But it brings many questions around a Biden presidency, and would a Biden presidency turn out to be better than a Trump presidency. I doubt it. Minor improvements honestly, but nothing major. Trump is at least a fun person, and I do believe he is a principled men deeply inside, like he doesn't drink beer because his brother died of alcoholism. That's a value i really appreciate in him. There are certainly things i admire about Trump, and his incapability to lead a country makes it fun to watch and hear on television. I've never had so much fun in my life during this 4 year reality tv show. The guy is basically a meme.

Hillary campaigned in 2016: "vote for me because i'm a woman", or "vote for me because i'm not Donald Trump, the greatest evil". It was so cringeworthy to watch. Well, we all know she did lost now. She didn't campaign on why people should vote for her, what she would change, and what she would do. And the things she would've done were absolutely horrendous to be honest. I don't think she would've been a better president than Trump. Maybe during COVID-19 yes, maybe when appointing Supreme Court Justices, yes. But not much else. She would've started another pointless war probably, not enacting progressive change, we would have lost the 2018 midterms badly. Her presidency would've been a disaster. Woman deserve someone better as their first president!

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
I'm glad i live in a country where a vote for "neither of the two" is meaningful, because it's basically always choosing between the center and the far-right in every country that has basically (not official, but basically) a two-party system. It's that horrible. In France, the center won and many people on the left now argue that the far-right president would've been better on economic issues at least. The left is death in France, because the president was initially a left-winger but on economic issues the most right-wing president France ever had. It's been a disaster.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
In Belgium / Flanders, we have seven major parties:

1) Polling highest is the Flemish Interest, a party that believes in "our own people first", which is their slogan. Anti-immigration and anti-EU. Most reactionary, but they have a radicalized youth with several neo-nazi's in their ranks, and they don't do always what they've told. Saying A and ultimately voting B. That's why i don't vote for them. They're terrible on healthcare or on supporting the poorest class of the society, even if they tell to do so, but they vote differently in parliament, supporting the richest. They're most similar to the Trumpist wing of the GOP.

2) Second highest is the neoliberal People's Party or called New Flemish Alliance, also pretty right-wing and openly very neoliberal / neoconservative. No brainer for me, it's a no. I don't understand why the party is so popular at all, but I do hate them. They're most similar to the GOP or the Tories.

3) Third place is for the Christian Democratic Party, which basically doesn't know anymore what they stand for. I don't know it either, they're actually a party for the older people. Young people don't vote for them and their electoral base is literally dying off or running away to the right. They have a boring white old man as leader, and that's not helping them making them more popular. They're on the center, but are often part of the government. They're quite similar to the Democratic Party in the USA.

4) The liberals are fourth. They're center-right, especially on economic issues, and also a rich man's party. Our PM is a liberal, and most PM's nowadays are liberals. They're basically always part of the government, and I don't know why I should vote for them. Sometimes they have good ideas, but most oftenly they have terrible ideas. Not a party for me. Most similar to the Democratic Party of America.

5) Than it's surprisingly us, we are in fifth place. We also have downsides, but we have very good ideas often, and stand solidar with the working class. The downside is that we have a past of supporting stalinism and North-Korea (only 10 years ago), but the party has changed a lot since than, purging those stalinists, and offering a program more suited to the needs of Belgians. We're also the ONLY party in support of Belgium. Needless to say, we're one of the most far-left parties in the EU and definitely to the left of Sanders, but also Corbyn (UK) and Melenchon (France). They're also too left-wing for me, but my heart is here, because they're a grassroots party, and have some characteristics that make them loveable, while also having charismatic and young leaders. They're making gains and are very popular among the youth, nurses, women and co. In Belgium they're more popular than the social democrats, the greens and arguably the liberals. They've done a great job handling COVID-19 as well, offering free tests in rest homes with their own free healthcare organisations.

6) The Greens are sixth. They always do better in the polls than on election day, and are now behind us. They're basically left-wing, especially on social issues, but i perceive them as liberals with a green jacket. "We're paying ourselves blue on green taxes" is often being said by opponents of the party and that's true. The far-left has abolished an unjustified tax named after a liberal who's goal was to lower taxes, which was her death in politics and she had to retire. Court gave us right, and they abolished an energy tax that was taxed TWICE according to court. It was also a flat tax. I feel like they're going too far on green politics, while not offering real solutions to the "climate problem". They're my second choice, but I don't like them at all.

7) The social democrats are seventh, least popular of the major parties, and have a young leader who's anything but social democrat. I would say Bernie Sanders is to the left of them. I can't speak well of this party. I love the walloon social democrats despite recent corruption scandals but i hate the flemish counterparts of it. I'm glad we have an alternative to them, because I don't like them at all, and especially their leader not. Their previous leader was adorable, but this one is not.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I'm glad i live in a country where a vote for "neither of the two" is meaningful, because it's basically always choosing between the center and the far-right in every country that has basically (not official, but basically) a two-party system. It's that horrible. In France, the center won and many people on the left now argue that the far-right president would've been better on economic issues at least. The left is death in France, because the president was initially a left-winger but on economic issues the most right-wing president France ever had. It's been a disaster.
I've been saying that Trump is better in the long run because it will initiate some change at least. Biden or Hillary would have just stalled what is ultimately necessary.
However, Obama was equally as ineffective maybe it's the presidency not the person itself.

by the way, my vote: SP - Unsure / No preference

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I've been saying that Trump is better in the long run because it will initiate some change at least. Biden or Hillary would have just stalled what is ultimately necessary.
However, Obama was equally as ineffective maybe it's the presidency not the person itself.

by the way, my vote: SP - Unsure / No preference
I think Obama was a good president, if it was only for the fact that he's an icon of the Afro-American community to prove them that they can get things done. Obama was however definitely not the best president in the USA, but that's partly because his legislature is widely known to be obstructed by Republicans. Republicans and Democrats hate each other, while in reality they're quite similar to each other and equally as corrupt.

That's why i'm hoping for new people like Yang, Ocasio-Cortez and so to arise. Yang is definitely not a marxist, but i'm also a marxist because i lack better alternatives. Yang is a great guy who will turn out to be a great president, and bring positive change. If he adopt the Bernie platform, keeps putting his own values and principles and proposals like UBI ahead, he will be the new Bernie.

In the USA, i'm a Berniecrat, but I don't necessarily despite everything that's right-wing, like I like Josh Hawley who's a Republican senator from Missouri a lot. He's my favourite Republican.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #154 (Edited)
It's also quite funny how the far-left made gains. Like my Dad loves them and the far-right. He's a racist though, he's just a racist calling blacks blackbags lol (although it's mainly directed towards muslims) I'm not a racist, and i always have to correct him. He also doesn't believe climate change is true. He instead believes we're heading into an ice age, and he believes in a lot of conspiracies... But I still love him, he's my dad after all and cares a lot about me and he's a good person. Very helpful and very friendly, even against immigrants on his workplace. I think it's mainly directed towards people WHO CONTRIBUTE NOTHING to society (which is in his view young immigrants or young muslims and it's true that they're disproportionally part of that group, and that integration of them failed), while he works a lot. My dad however said he would've voted for Clinton if he was an American while i told him in response i would've voted for Trump lol. Or how there are even racist Clinton voters. My mom loves the same two parties, but voted far-right and she is racist, and she abused me as a child, so no respect to her. I hope she dies in agony.

My foster mom voted for them and voted for the first time in her life for a left-wing party. She still hates the social democrats and greens. My grandmom voted her entire life for christian Democrats while making a 100 turn change on the age of 90 and voted far-left. My best friend and my cousin both voted far-left as well.

I've also some far-right friends as well. In fact i don't think i know someone WELL who doesn't vote far-right or far-left.

It does help that i sound pretty convincing and have the ability to attract new voters to the far-left. I have my own tactics for that. Telling the same stories in 1000 different ways, and there's certainly one way someone will love it. Like i've explained the ecology program of the far-left very differentlyd depending on i've spoken to someone environmental and ecologist and someone who doesn't believe in it, and at the end they agree with me. That's my superpower :p

·
Registered
15,046 Posts
If i was an American AND i lived in a swing state, i would probably vote for Biden reluctantly, because the Democrats have played this race a bit more fairly than in 2016 where 2016 was all about "The Democrats aren't allowed to win after how dirty they played it", and "let's give Trump a chance, he's not a politician, maybe things would really change". I have noticed that Biden does poll better among older people in polls, but worse among the youth who either won't show up or reluctantly vote Biden.
That is fair. I agree that they have played this race more fairly than in 2016. Still in 2020, I believe they have cheated Bernie again, which does make me even more unwilling to vote Biden.

The argument of i will vote Biden because he's not a sexist, is also obsolete, because he's being very awkward and touchy among women, and has his own Kavanaugh scandal popping up (Tara Reade). I don't know who to believe. But it brings many questions around a Biden presidency, and would a Biden presidency turn out to be better than a Trump presidency. I doubt it. Minor improvements honestly, but nothing major. Trump is at least a fun person, and I do believe he is a principled men deeply inside, like he doesn't drink beer because his brother died of alcoholism. That's a value i really appreciate in him. There are certainly things i admire about Trump, and his incapability to lead a country makes it fun to watch and hear on television. I've never had so much fun in my life during this 4 year reality tv show. The guy is basically a meme.
I completely agree about the "sexist argument being obsolete."

I dislike Trump as a politician, but I find him quite entertaining as a meme (I laughed when he won the 2016 election honestly), and it is also part of why I have considered a meme "fuck you" vote on his behalf. But I still don't want my name behind that.

Hillary campaigned in 2016: "vote for me because i'm a woman", or "vote for me because i'm not Donald Trump, the greatest evil". It was so cringeworthy to watch. Well, we all know she did lost now. She didn't campaign on why people should vote for her, what she would change, and what she would do. And the things she would've done were absolutely horrendous to be honest. I don't think she would've been a better president than Trump. Maybe during COVID-19 yes, maybe when appointing Supreme Court Justices, yes. But not much else. She would've started another pointless war probably, not enacting progressive change, we would have lost the 2018 midterms badly. Her presidency would've been a disaster. Woman deserve someone better as their first president!
True, I don't think she would have done anything much that could be considered productive. I don't regret refusing to vote for her at all. If I identified with being a woman, I would not be proud at all of her being the first woman president because I don't think she is a good person.

I wish that third party votes were meaningful here, you are fortunate. I would probably bother registering to vote, at that point. Since it doesn't matter, I don't want to participate in this voting system unless I see someone I really like as a candidate who is still in the race (hopefully Yang in 2024).

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
And anyway no party or ideology is perfect. Learn to understand that well. But i prefer a party that fights the corrupt elite, and want to make sure everyone profits from gained profits, and not only the super rich who got bailed out after the 2008 housing / wall street crisis. It's immoral that like 80 people of the world own the entire wealth of half the world. That's immoral and shows you there's something wrong in our society.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
That is fair. I agree that they have played this race more fairly than in 2016. Still in 2020, I believe they have cheated Bernie again, which does make me even more unwilling to vote Biden.

I completely agree about the "sexist argument being obsolete."

I dislike Trump as a politician, but I find him quite entertaining as a meme (I laughed when he won the 2016 election honestly), and it is also part of why I have considered a meme "fuck you" vote on his behalf. But I still don't want my name behind that.

True, I don't think she would have done anything much that could be considered productive. I don't regret refusing to vote for her at all. If I identified with being a woman, I would not be proud at all of her being the first woman president because I don't think she is a good person.

I wish that third party votes were meaningful here, you are fortunate. I would probably bother registering to vote, at that point. Since it doesn't matter, I don't want to participate in this voting system unless I see someone I really like as a candidate who is still in the race (hopefully Yang in 2024).
That's the right approach.

In states that didn't matter, i wouldn't bother voting unlike if i liked someone downballot, but i would leave the presidential ballot blank probably. In states that do matter, i've said on numerous occasions that I would vote Biden. But honestly i'm not sure about that anymore. I'm not sure what I would do as an American. I could vote for Trump again. I could vote for Biden. I could not vote at all. I could vote third party. I'm not sure. I can't say what I would do, because I honestly don't know, and i'm dissatisfied with the choices on the ballot, just like in in 2016. In 2016, i would definitely have taken revenge on the Democratic Party and vote against my principles, and for Trump who might turn out to be the greatest president ever, that was my reasoning. We don't know what we were going to get than. I'm not bothered by a Trump presidency as much, as some other people. There are people who outrageously hate them, and i've no idea why. He's at least better than George W. Bush II who i hated back than.

Reactions: Jaune

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
It's also quite funny how the far-left made gains. Like my Dad loves them and the far-right. He's a racist though, he's just a racist calling blacks blackbags lol (although it's mainly directed towards muslims) I'm not a racist, and i always have to correct him. He also doesn't believe climate change is true. He instead believes we're heading into an ice age, and he believes in a lot of conspiracies... But I still love him, he's my dad after all and cares a lot about me and he's a good person. Very helpful and very friendly, even against immigrants on his workplace. I think it's mainly directed towards people WHO CONTRIBUTE NOTHING to society (which is in his view young immigrants or young muslims and it's true that they're disproportionally part of that group, and that integration of them failed), while he works a lot. My dad however said he would've voted for Clinton if he was an American while i told him in response i would've voted for Trump lol. Or how there are even racist Clinton voters. My mom loves the same two parties, but voted far-right and she is racist, and she abused me as a child, so no respect to her. I hope she dies in agony.

My foster mom voted for them and voted for the first time in her life for a left-wing party. She still hates the social democrats and greens. My grandmom voted her entire life for christian Democrats while making a 100 turn change on the age of 90 and voted far-left. My best friend and my cousin both voted far-left as well.

I've also some far-right friends as well. In fact i don't think i know someone WELL who doesn't vote far-right or far-left.
My dad called the French national soccer team "Negros" and he freaked out whenever he saw a woman driving a car.

However he was a good man. He gave disproportionately good raises to his workers (he was an ESTP after all) and voted left all the time.

We pick up where we were left off.

My dad however said he would've voted for Clinton if he was an American
Same. He wanted for Clinton to win so bad.

Reactions: Lakigigar

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
This is how i would've voted (likely, not sure, because i didn't live back in that time).

1900: William Jennings Bryan (Democratic)
1904: Theodore Roosevelt (Republican)
1908: William Jennings Bryan (Democratic)
1912: Don't know, if i could vote now probably Eugene V. Debs (Socialist), but could also be Theodore Roosevelt (Republican) or Woodrow Wilson (Democratic)
1916: Woodrow Wilson or Alton B. Parker (Socialist)
1920: Eugene V. Debs (Socialist)
1924: Robert M. La Follette (Progressive) or Norman Thomas (Socialist)
1928: Likely abstain or Norman Thomas (Socialist)
1932: Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic) or Norman Thomas (Socialist)
1936: Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic) or Norman Thomas (Socialist)
1940: Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic) or Norman Thomas (Socialist)
1944: Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic) or Norman Thomas (Socialist)
1948: Henry A. Wallace (Progressive) or Harry S. Truman (Democratic), maybe Norman Thomas (Socialist)
1952: Vincent Hallinan (Progressive) or Dwight E. Eisenhower (Republican) or abstain. The Democrats had a segregrationist as vice-presidential candidate
1956: Dwight E. Eisenhower (Republican) or Adlai Stevenson (Democratic) or abstain
1960: John F. Kennedy (Democratic)
1964: Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic)
1968: Hubert H. Humphrey (Democratic), although i would've supported McCarthy and/or RFK (Bobby) in the primaries.
1972: George McGovern (Democratic)
1976: Eugene McCarthy (Independent) or Jimmy Carter (Democratic)
1980: Maybe Ronald Reagan (Republican) or Jimmy Carter (Democratic)
1984: Maybe Ronald Reagan (Republican) or Walter Mondale (Democratic)
1988: George H. W. Bush (Republican) or Michael Dukakis (Democratic)
1992: Bill Clinton (Democratic) -> because I didn't know the things than that would later made me absolutely HATE him or Ross Perot (Independent)
1996: Ross Perot (Independent) or Ralph Nader (Green)
2000: Al Gore (Democratic) or Ralph Nader (Green)
2004: John Kerry (Democratic) or Ralph Nader (Green)
2008: Barack Obama (Democratic)
2012: Barack Obama (Democratic)
2016: Very likely Donald Trump (Republican) after supporting Bernie Sanders in the primaries
2020: Don't know after supporting Bernie Sanders in the primaries
2024: Already hyping up for Andrew Yang.

Of course i only know since 2008. I would certainly be an Obama - Trump voter, but i wasn't eligible back in 2012 to vote, and i'm Belgian so i'm obviously not eligible but what if i was, well here you got your list. I don't know how partisan i would've been and there are certain times where I doubt what i would've voted, back in the time.

Not knowing what a great president FDR would turn out to be for example, i could've keep voting socialist. Not knowing that i would later despise Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton i could've voted for them.

Reactions: Jaune

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
If i had a gun to my head, and i'd to follow my heart and/or gut, i would vote for Trump. If i had to a gun to my head, and i would follow my rationale, i would likely vote Biden. I've said on many fora i would've voted Biden, but yeah i could tell that, and go to the voting box (pretending corona doesn't exist or will not have an influence on election day), and vote for the other candidate. That's how unsure i am about this match-up. The benefit of voting Trump is that it's still a vote against the system and a "fuck it" vote. It's not like those people care about us anyway. What is Biden going to do for students. What is Trump going to do for them. Literally nothing. They only care about theirselves.

141 - 160 of 171 Posts