Votes: 14 13.2%
  • NF - Unsure / No preference

Votes: 7 6.6%

• Total voters
161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
If i had a gun to my head, and i'd to follow my heart and/or gut, i would vote for Trump. If i had to a gun to my head, and i would follow my rationale, i would likely vote Biden. I've said on many fora i would've voted Biden, but yeah i could tell that, and go to the voting box (pretending corona doesn't exist or will not have an influence on election day), and vote for the other candidate. That's how unsure i am about this match-up. The benefit of voting Trump is that it's still a vote against the system and a "fuck it" vote. It's not like those people care about us anyway. What is Biden going to do for students. What is Trump going to do for them. Literally nothing. They only care about theirselves.
Exactly. Trump is a thrust to the system. Vote him if you wanna get free. Vote Biden if you want nothing to be changed at all.

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #162 (Edited)
My dad called the French national soccer team "Negros" and he freaked out whenever he saw a woman driving a car.

However he was a good man. He gave disproportionately good raises to his workers (he was an ESTP after all) and voted left all the time.

We pick up where we were left off.

Same. He wanted for Clinton to win so bad.
Yes i sometimes think that those people just don't know better. They're not bad people, but are often being raised as racist, or have disproportioned views around them, and they certainly have a point, because of all criminals a large disproportionely number are criminals. Of all those getting social benefits, it's disproportionally immigrants, like i've been in a psychiatric hospital, meeting someone and he told me he's waiting for the social housing system for a house to pop up where he could live in and all 14 people ahead of him had surnames that indicated that they were immigrants. Than there is something wrong about your system. My view is that you can't take care of poverty if you import a disproportionally large amount of immigrants, how sad it is is for them in their country. On the other hand, i believe immigrants should always have free education and free healthcare, because that's a human right.

I have nothing against immigration, but I do have problems with the current MASS IMMIGRATION. You have to make sure a country stays stable, and right now with all those terrorist attacks, we don't know anymore who we import. It's so easy to abuse the system. That's why a large amount of the population suddenly turned racist. I can understand them, but it's often fake news or abused to win votes. Is Trump a racist. I don't think so. Does he use racist rhetoric to win over voters? Yes certainly.

If i was a politician, i would avoid talking about immigration or say things i don't believe necessarily in if forced too, because i'm more concerned with other issues.

What i do believe in, is that we need to be tougher on crime, and sent immigrants back home if they commit a huge crime or repeated crimes. (not drug-related crimes, because those are not crimes at all in my belief).

And UBI could replace a lot of our social welfare system, by just giving everyone 1000 euros. What you do with it, is your choice, but if you choose not to work at all, you have to live with those 1000 euros, and than it's your choice to profit from society or contribute and earn a little bit of extra money and afford something. I'm disabled and sick, so working is not really an option, even though i try to finish my studies, but this half year will be a disaster because of COVID-19. I feel like i profit sometimes from society though, but if everyone gets those 1000 euros (and i could certainly live from it). I don't need more, than things are solved, and that could replace my disability income or sickness income, and don't need to justify it anymore. If people are overstressed, or have a burn-out or want a different career, they could also rely on those 1000 euros to reboot and restart, so that's why i believe in it. I would love to work though, but i have no job opportunities, except for some shit jobs, and have fears i have to overcome.

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
The problem is also, it's impossible to give 8 billion people a job, because there are no 8 billion USEFUL jobs, unless you invent jobs for the sake of inventing jobs. And with the upcoming automatisation of our society where cashiers and all will be obsolete, work should be an option. Because right now it's basically slavery. If you don't work, you die because of lack of food, housing and whatsoever. And it's bad for the climate, because we overproduce things, throw away things at a high rate, and we overconsume, buying things we don't need at all (i am guilty to that as well, how many things did i buy that i will never ever use in my life. A LOT). And I also believe people shouldn't work until their 70th or 80th like we are going to have to do. The point is, make the work week more flexible so that people who want to work part-time can work part-time, like older people who are too exhausted or tired or unfit to work an entire work week, but still want to work to not lose grisp on society.

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Exactly. Trump is a thrust to the system. Vote him if you wanna get free. Vote Biden if you want nothing to be changed at all.
Yes i could certainly be a silent Trump voter, like saying on internet fora (politics internet fora), i support Biden and would vote for him, like i do now. And than go to the voting box, and because I make decisions according to feelings, change my opinion and vote for Trump. Than i would be one of those "silent Trump voters". Even though i disapprove him a lot. I'm more certain how i would vote downballot, and that's Democratic. I would also have voted Democratic in almost every state (i know a lot about senate races) in the 2018 midterms.

And honestly i wouldn't vote ever for a Republican. Like it was Mike Pence who would run against Joe Biden. I would CERTAINLY turn out and vote Biden instead of Pence. Trump has just that "something" few people have. That's why I think it's going to be a close race, while if a different Republican run i would've voted for Biden.

Few exceptions like Former Ohio governor Kasich vs Biden, or Missouri senator Hawley vs Biden or Florida governor DeSantis vs Biden, than i would probably vote Republican as well.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Yes i could certainly be a silent Trump voter, like saying on internet fora (politics internet fora), i support Biden and would vote for him, like i do now. And than go to the voting box, and because I make decisions according to feelings, change my opinion and vote for Trump. Than i would be one of those "silent Trump voters". Even though i disapprove him a lot. I'm more certain how i would vote downballot, and that's Democratic. I would also have voted Democratic in almost every state (i know a lot about senate races) in the 2018 midterms.

And honestly i wouldn't vote ever for a Republican. Like it was Mike Pence who would run against Joe Biden. I would CERTAINLY turn out and vote Biden instead of Pence. Trump has just that "something" few people have. That's why I think it's going to be a close race, while if a different Republican run i would've voted for Biden.

Few exceptions like Former Ohio governor Kasich vs Biden, or Missouri senator Hawley vs Biden or Florida governor DeSantis vs Biden, than i would probably vote Republican as well.
Trump is like The Joker. You want him to win in the end? Probably not.
But you want him to give the protagonist a good lesson.

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Trump is like The Joker. You want him to win in the end? Probably not.
But you want him to give the protagonist a good lesson.
Haha, i like the Joker actually, but you're right, and that's probably due to that amazing acting performance, arguably the best acting performance in the history of popular movies.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Ironically, I think the pandemic could increase Trump’s chances of winning this year's election. Trump is looking like the pro-freedom candidate who is for the middle class. While the Democrats seem out of touch with the concerns people have with the lockdown.

I think Biden will still likely win the popular vote but Trump will take most of the swing states and get a second term. If the “red states” recover faster than the “blue states” economically - Trump will be sure to remind people of that. This is a big if though. If coronavirus cases spike in states that reopened too quickly - then that will NOT be in Trump’s favor and make a win easier for the Democrats with a “See, we told you”. Time will tell.

The issue though is that the Democratic establishment will have failed again to relate to typical Americans unlike Trump. And honestly, Biden is irrelevant. I think Bernie Sanders would have been the better candidate. I really do. Bernie knows how to appeal to people in a non-elitist way.. Hillary’s elitism cost her big time in 2016.

·
Registered
285 Posts
NT - Trump

I voted for Trump as the lesser of two evils, though I will admit, the thing I liked about him most was not his policies. It was the fact that he talks like a human, and not a politician, and the fact that he's not a career politician. I have more trust in a non-politician who talks like an idiot sometimes, than a smart-sounding politician who's known nothing else for most of her life. He also pissed off all the right people for all the right reasons.

I was actually surprisingly impressed with most of Trump's presidency. I expected it to be another Obama/Bush (I hated both of them). I don't agree with everything he did by a long shot, but he's done more good for the working class than any president in my lifetime except MAYBE Bill Clinton....MAYBE. And every non-biased poll I've seen on that question shows a majority of people's lives in the U.S. being better under Trump than under Obama, even those who hate Trump will SOMETIMES admit that.

Though he has disappointed me at times, and will surely do so in the future, I'll enthusiastically vote for him again, whereas I grudgingly did it in 2016. But I'll be especially glad to do so, considering his opponent is someone who's showing signs of dementia and seems to be rapidly getting worse.

I'm actually kind of disappointed with the democrats for not having a higher turnout for Bernie. Although I think Bernie would actually be worse for the country than Biden, I was looking forward to Bernie upsetting the democrat establishment, the same way Trump did with the GOP establishment in the last race, although the GOP has gladly accepted him since then. Honestly, I just hate political parties and enjoy seeing them turned on their heads, But unless political parties are abolished, I think we're going to continue to have greater and greater division and less critical thinking over time.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Trump winning isn't structurally changing much of anything for the better, but he is changing significant things for the worse. I can get how suckers might have voted for him in 2016 to get some kind of positive structural change but now we have had a chance to put the hypothesis to the test and what do we have? It's like having a cockroach infestation and paying someone to get rid of the cockroaches only for them to bring over 5 buckets of cockroaches, dump them in your house after taking your money, and then leave. And then you respond by calling them up again and giving them more money. We've seen what he is and if you can't put it together at this point then I don't know what there is to even say.

I will technically send a message by voting Green (my vote doesn't matter) because Biden represents pretty much everything wrong with Democratic politics, but I would expect his net results, both for his current term and what he sets up structurally for the future, to be significantly better than the narcissist moron in there now.

161 - 170 of 170 Posts