Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<<<<<<<--------------take it frum a Koon!

(Ok. I inadvertently started this thread on another place of PercC but like it better here - you know its more like home. Will start from the beginning.).

Having left Kamp Jonny Koon for the winter, I'm now back into living frum my truck for at least the next 6 months - am currently in San Diego, California. I will be logging my events and non-events in this thread. I left Michigan over 2 weeks ago now.

If you're interested in abit of background start here:

[INTJ] - Life at Kamp Jonny Koon
Centuries ago Aristotle wrote: "For a man to live alone in The Wilderness, he must be either a wild beast or a God." Some 2300 years later Neitzsche countered: "Aristotle failed to recognize a third possibility. That such a man could be both."
www.personalitycafe.com
www.personalitycafe.com
and here:
www.personalitycafe.com

Jonny Koon's Truck Livin 4 Winter '20-'21

www.personalitycafe.com
www.personalitycafe.com
Will post more in abit
Ciao.........intjonn

Reactions: tanstaafl28

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<<<<<<<<<-----------------take it frum a koon!

I left Michigan day before Thanksgiving around 11:30 am headed for San Diego, Ca. haven't been to San Diego for almost 3 years , mostly because of all the Covid Chaos so looking forward to hanging out in SoCal for this awhile; beaches, desert, etc......

Drive here was uneventful: spent first night at Sikeston, Missouri; sleeping in the tried & true Walmart parking lot. Drove all day thru Missouri, Arkansas and into Texas where I spent night number 2 at another Walmart parking lot at Big Springs, Texas. After another day of driving spent the night at a Cracker Barrel parking lot in Yuma, Arizona. After waking up and gassing up the truck i drove into California. Stopped at the Glamas, Ca rest stop where I filled all of my water jugs & tank - 33 gallons of water. Arrived at Ocean Beach parking lot about 8:30 am just in time for Kickoff of the Michigan VS Ohio St. football game which Michigan won. Fuk Ohio State!

Nuff 4 now...........intjonny Luzsha

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<<<<<<<---------------take it frum a koon!

Tuesday after I arrived in San Diego I helped an old friend move from one apartment in Ocean Beach to a very nice one near Clairemont. Spent most of the week at Crown Point Park enjoying the views of Mission Bay looking at Fiesta Island. mornings were mostly cool and foggy. Not my kind of weather.

Friday eve hung out at Pacific Beach with said friend who bought the drinks and frankly got the ole man a lil fukt up...........
Saturday said friend joined me at the Backyard Kitchen Beach Bar in Pacific Beach where watched my alma mater University of Michigan destroy Iowa for the Big Ten football championship. Was a good time.

Sunday I left for the desert cause the weather sucked and all the holiday peeps & crowds in San Diego aint really my thing. But the desert was just its old dry dusty self and I said to myself......You no what Jonny Boi lets just blow this entire scene for warmer and more scenic places so Monday morning I filled up with gas and headed toward Amistad National Park just north of the border town of Del Rio Texas and thats a where I've been since Tuesday of this week. Enjoying the remoteness & wildlife.

Jonny Koon Luzsha baybee alway have alway will!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<<<<<<--------------take it frum a koon!

I love the remote solitude that Amistad NP offers one this time of year and this stay did not disappoint. I camp at the remote primitive area known as the Spur 406 Area. There were 2 other camps when I arrived: 1 about half a mile west of my spot and the other 1/4 mile to the NE and the one to the west left Wednesday AM.

Due to the severe drought in this part of Texas the water in the Amistad reservoir was VERY low. Only 10 feet above the alltime lowest elevation since the Amistad International Dam was made operational in 1969. I hadn't been here for almost 3 years - since Feb of '19 and my spot was near to the backwater of the lake but now it was 1.5 miles downstream.

Wildlife viewing is spectacular here and it always seems to offer something new & interesting to me but I especially enjoy frequent sightings of the whitetail deer. This time of year is breeding time for the does & bucks and Amistad is the deer equivalent of a Friday, Saturday night university beach club scene. All the bucks tryin to score! Can't count the number of deer seen but I remember 2 very large racked bucks who could easily make the cover of an outdoor/hunting magazine. Spectacular.

Amistad gave me a special treat as it revealed to me 2 white wing tipped bald eagles. What a special sighting and while it was brief as they flew away upon spotting me it was never the less something I'll always remember.
Bird Beak Accipitridae Sea eagle Feather

This is a picture of one with white wing tips that I got from the internet so you can get an idea. Its a rare thing to see - beautifull.

Besides all the deer & eagles I also saw a gray fox, a porcupine, 2 spotted skunks, a nutria and numerous rabbits & water birds.
My camp spot at Amistad never fails to reward me...............intjonn

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<<<<<<<---------------take it frum a koon!

Water Sky Natural landscape Coastal and oceanic landforms Cloud

Here's some pix of Amistad National Park. Above view of reservoir backwater while hiking. I'm about 1.5 miles from where my truck is parked.
Below is near the backwater limit and I'm sitting on about a 30 foot limestone cliff.
Water Cloud Sky Water resources Natural landscape

Sky Cloud Plant community Plant Ecoregion

Above pik is about 1/4 mile from my camp site and I'm standing in an area that was completely submerged by water the last time I was here almost 3 years ago. The limestone/shale cliff is about 40 feet high and before I was sitting on top looking down on the water. If you look close you can see the darkish line about middle of cliff that was the water line last time I was here.
nuff for now..........intjonn

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<<<<<<<-----------------take it frum a koon!

After leaving Amistad, drove across Texas thru San Antonio & Houston on into Louisiana where I spent several days at Rutherford Beach. Rutherford Beach is a favorite of mine as its very remote and doesn't get much use. It has however gone thru some drastic changes since my last visit. The hurricane that struck this area in August '20, while doing major human property damage and some fatalities, has changed Rutherford Beach into an absolute thing of beauty.

Enjoyed my stay and met a very kool young couple; in their late 20's; from Montana. They were traveling in a refurbished rescue vehicle and were my "neighbor's" on the beach.

Wheel Tire Water Sky Land vehicle

Above is their vehicle and below well the gal , like me enjoys looking for seashells.
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle

Sky Tire Wheel Ecoregion Vehicle

Here we are sharing evening drinks, with their dog. Thats me sitting on that light blue chair thing and sharing a toast to new found beach peeps on a beautiful beach.

I left the next morning and headed into Mississippi...........
Ciao............ intjonny Luzsha

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<<<<<<------------take it frum a koon!

Slept the night at Mississippi Welcome center on I-10 by the space research area. Awoke and drove to Long Berach where i had breakfast and watched the sunrise. Then continued driving across Mississippi and into Alabama. Typical drive thru Alabama including the Mobile Tunnel drive under Mobile Bay and then headed south along the East Bay shore where had lunch at a favorite lil beach park called Mullet Point Park - so quiet & serene and I always see dolphins swimming, surfacing here. Guess they're eating Mullets?

Left Alabama and went into Florida where I stopped at Big Lagoon State Park and purchased an annual Florida State Park Pass - 65$ good for all parks for 12 months plus. Left Big Lagoon as much of it is still closed from hurricane damage and hung out at Opal Beach just a few miles East of Pensacola Beach. Opal Beach is sooooo remote & peaceful and absolutely is one of the most beautiful beaches anywhere in the world. Spent the night at my secret peaceful sleeping spot at Navarre Beach just a few miles down the shore from Opal.

Awoke next morn and drove to Grayton Beach State Park where I chilled for the day, refilled all my water jugs and then left toward Panama City Beach where I slept for the night at my old tried & true sleeping spot. Next day I spent at St. Andrews State Park Beach where , again just chilled, enjoyed life and a beautiful beach..........

Then it was on toward St George Island where I would spend several days.
Nuff 4 now...........intjonny Luzsha baybee

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<<<<<<<<----------------take it frum a koon!

St. George Island state park in Florida is one of my most fav beaches anywhere and if it wasn't for the cooler temps this time of the year often seen in the Florida Panhandle I would stay here SOOOOoooooo much longer. So remote & scenic and beautiful and the beginnig of whats referred to as Florida's Forgotten Coast.

I was here for several days and as the weather cooled with approaching rain I moved farther south to the small inland town of Dunnellon where I spent several days with friends. Enjoyed their company , wilderness home and hospitality as I had real home cooking for meals, slept in a real room with my own bath and was able to wash my truck , do my laundry. Campfires every evening and imbibiing with gin & tonic & great conversation.

Departed on Wednesday AM before Xmas headed to Honeymoon Island Beach where I spent 5 days, left there and am currently in the Naples/Bonita Springs area for who knows how long. Temps in 80'sF, lows in 60's, blue skies.......um no reason to leave. 😀:cool:

Intjonny Luzsha baybee alway have alway will

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<<<<<<<<----------------take it frum a koon!

Spent the last 10 days at Lover's Key State Park. This is one of my fav beaches anywhere Especially for finding shells. Many varieties.

Brown Wood Organism Trunk Mushroom

Above - these are the ones that I gave away to strangers.
Plant Natural material Organism Gesture Finger

Above are the ones I kept, Nutmeg, Lace Murex, King's Crown and a Yellow Spot Cone and below a gorgeous Banded Tulip.
Shankha Musical instrument Natural material Bivalve Wood

I enjoy looking for shells along a beach
.intjonny Luzsha baybee

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<<<<<<<——————-take it frum a koon!

Seashells are so dope! They are the manifestation of the reality of the evolutional freedom & journey of life…….. predator vs prey; prey vs predator & growth, resilience, struggle & strength, murder food death, etc. within Earths environment & forces of its elements & they pretty as fuck… What’s not to love!!
sayin…… intjonny luzsha

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<<<<<<<<---------------take it frum a koon!

Hand Terrestrial plant Plant Finger Grass

My plan to search the low tide mud flat estuary near Lover's Key paid off big time as I found this very nice 8" long Horse Conch along with the small 3" one. I also found 2 other Horse Conchs that were larger than the 8" one shown above but they were both alive so I watched them a bit and left them alone.

Horse Conchs are not a true conch at all as conchs are actually pure herbivores and the Horse Conch is like the ultimate gastropod mollusk flesh eating predator Death Star. If it gets you in its sights you are prolly not going to escape being digested. They got the name Horse cause they grow as "big as a horse". Haha they are the largest growing shellfish in the North American region and can grow to 24 inches (2 feet) long.

Being the Apex predator that they are, they're not easy to find - tho they are not rare and I enjoy searching for them.

Intjonny Luzsha baybee

Reactions: Coonsy

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<<<<<<<<---------------take it frum a koon!

I've been in the Florida Keys now for over a week. Before I left "The Mainland" did laundry, including bedding, at my fav laundromat south part of Naples then a couple miles down the boulevard stopped at Walmart and stocked up with food. Oh and then had to empty the porti-potti - don't we all just love cleaning the toilet- because well like me from time to time its flat out full of shit. Haha.

Then spent the rest of the day driving across Florida - west to east thru Big Cypress Swamp & The Everglades - spent night at my old favorite sleeping spot in Florida City: Cracker Barrel. Awoke at 5:am and motored toward the Keys where I've been now for 9 days I think. Who's counting?

Beautiful beaches, scenery, water, looking for shells and oh Yeah!: Weather is well perfect. Mid 70's to 80's and upper 60's at night - some days been a lili windy but hey its called tropical breezes Right? Hell yeah.
Livin the Dream, sayin..........

intjonny boi luzsha baybee alway have alway will

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
<<<<<<<<-----------------take it frum a koon!

Leg Wood Road surface Artifact Tints and shades

Above: Walking & wading the miles of gin clear waters of beautiful Bahia Honda Beach I found these 2 Hawkwing Conchs. OK the color isn't great at all and they're wave worn but they're the first 2 I've ever found that weren't broke so I was excited by the finds.

Cloud Smile Sky Leg Flash photography

My good friend visited me too for several hours while I was at Bahai Honda. She is getting out of the US Navy soon and had taken some leave time to travel from Seattle, Wa where she is stationed to spend time in Florida as Florida is where she wants to live after she is discharged from the Navy. She was on her way to Key West and made time to hang with me for awhile on her way by. Its always a pleasure to see her - she's a great young woman and I always enjoy her company & conversation...........

intjonny boi will post more in a bit.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<<<<<<<--------------------take it frum a koon!

Cloud Sky Water Water resources Beach

Above last Sunday in The Keys, the approaching massive severe storm that spawned 2 tornadoes 5 minutes before the shit hit the fan.
Below pic of very large Stone Crab Claw "reenactment" of an attack on my left big toe. I was wading in about 2 feet of water & stepped next to a limestone boulder when I felt this intense pinching pain on my big toe. The stone crab, being under the rock couldn't see what all else was connected to his potential meal. The fucker drew blood in 2 spots and if you zoom in on pic about middle of toe and a lil above the claw you can see the almost completely healed spot where the upper claw point got me.
Gesture Finger Nail Thumb Wood

Next time I eat at a seafood restaurant I'm getting a double order of crab cakes........
Intjonny boi getting Hungary crabby 4 crab eats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts