Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"This is a quote from Mitch Albom "For one more day". "Have you ever lost someone you love and wanted one more conversation, one more chance to make up for the time when you thought they would be here forever? If so, then you know you can go your whole life collecting days, and none will outweigh the one you wish you had back." If you could have one more conversation with someone (dead or alive), who would it be? What would you say? Thanks for all your wonderful work!"

Yes, my grandfather. He had died when I was six, but during those six years he was one of the best grandfathers you could have ever wanted. I don't know what it was, maybe my attachment to my mother and feeling solely dependent on her made me push him away. Anyways, I was born very early, about three months earlier than the delivery date. My Granfather was marching around the hospital, trying to get someone to pay attention to my mother and take care of her, and he finally did.
I remember he would do things, like buy my brother and I snacks from a little convenience store that he had frequently been to.
He would fix all the things that I broke...
I don't remember sitting on his lap or anything, but he expresses his love through actions,
If I could say something to him again, I would say: "I'm so sorry for being scared of you when I was little, really. You were a good grandfather, nothing could pale with your dedication and love."
I miss you so, so much Grandpa.
I love you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts