Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out whether I'm a judger or a perceiver.

I'm tidy, organized, determined and I never procrastinate,
but I'm also playful, non-judgemental and open-minded.

When I'm around my judging friends, I seem very perceiver-like, but when I'm with my perceiving friends I seem very judging-like.

What I'm having the most problems figuring out is, whether I have a fear of spontaneity, or a fear of making decisions quickly. When someone ask me to go out suddenly (out of the blue), without me having some time to prepare for this, I don't like it one bit. But I can't seem to decide whether it's the deciding if I should go or not (perceiving) I dread, or if it's the sudden invitation without time to prepare that bugs me (judging). Is anyone else the same way?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’d see it that your most dominant trait is J. But it depends on your personality type, because as an example, ESFJ and ESFP are very different. So in general it depends on cognitive functions, once again. Everyone can have perceiving and judging depending on the situation, but which one is the one you use the most. I hope this helps a bit! Sorry for maybe my very confusing word phrasing, I’m not too good at writing, haha! XD

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I think it can be very misleading to think of personality types as 'judgers' and 'perceivers'. For example: an ISTP will often like to have a clean living space and might like stuff like making lists and having an ordered environment. They are still considered 'perceivers'.

If you really want to know this kind of stuff it's probably easier to try to find out your dominant function. That gives you so much more information about your personality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts