Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP 9w1
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just wanted to make a thread about how Judy Hopps from Zootopia is ENFP. She's not ENFJ contrary to people on here commonly typing as that, she's ENFP through and through in the film and I felt it was something that had to be cleared up. She's the idealist of the movie and showcases her Ne with her dreams of a idealistic Zootopia and her naive but bright spirit towards everything and all things positive and wants to make the world a better place and for everyone to love each other and be perfect throughout the film. Reality strikes her Ne in the movie but she learns to cope with it and still manages to keep that upbeat positive attitude in the film despite the hardships and mishaps that come along the way. But anyways she's ENFP and I just wanted to make the case for it since she seems like no other type and especially not ENFJ since she show no signs of Fe in the film at all compared to her idealist Ne and Fi and so on. Nick Wilde is generally typed correctly as ENTP for the most part but some people I also saw make the case of ESTP for him which is ridiculous as well to think for him, he's witty sly and NT through and through. He's a definite ENTP and Judy Hopps is ENFP for sure, they mirror their similar counterparts Rapunzel/Flynn who are the same types made by the same creators, which showcases the similarities of the two films as well.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Hey, I just wanted to make a thread about how Judy Hopps from Zootopia is ENFP. She's not ENFJ contrary to people on here commonly typing as that, she's ENFP through and through in the film and I felt it was something that had to be cleared up. She's the idealist of the movie and showcases her Ne with her dreams of a idealistic Zootopia and her naive but bright spirit towards everything and all things positive and wants to make the world a better place and for everyone to love each other and be perfect throughout the film. Reality strikes her Ne in the movie but she learns to cope with it and still manages to keep that upbeat positive attitude in the film despite the hardships and mishaps that come along the way. But anyways she's ENFP and I just wanted to make the case for it since she seems like no other type and especially not ENFJ since she show no signs of Fe in the film at all compared to her idealist Ne and Fi and so on. Nick Wilde is generally typed correctly as ENTP for the most part but some people I also saw make the case of ESTP for him which is ridiculous as well to think for him, he's witty sly and NT through and through. He's a definite ENTP and Judy Hopps is ENFP for sure, they mirror their similar counterparts Rapunzel/Flynn who are the same types made by the same creators, which showcases the similarities of the two films as well.
Hey welcome! I think you might like the thread I just created called "Analyze this! A MBTI approach to film and literature". I think your analysis of the above shows you might like that thread. Again, welcome! keep posting!

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Well, I don't want to argue against there being an ENFP/ENTP couple. I love seeing more of those. I don't have a doubt in my mind that Nick is an ENTP that's probably why I love him so much.

I suppose people default to "Judy cares for people, she's protective, that's Fe" but really the whole "You can be anyone you want to be!" sounds like a strong NFP ideal. Fi asks for authenticity and Ne asks for possibilities.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
I think her extreme awareness of her environment and strong / confident ability to improvise using it is more Se than Ne, so I think she's ESFP. :) You can tell because she's a thousand times better at sensory-based innovation than Nick, who as a Ne-dom, is rather poor at adapting in the moment.

·
Registered
ENFP 9w1
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think her extreme awareness of her environment and strong / confident ability to improvise using it is more Se than Ne, so I think she's ESFP. :) You can tell because she's a thousand times better at sensory-based innovation than Nick, who as a Ne-dom, is rather poor at adapting in the moment.
Ne doms aren't always bad at innovating using physical objects, nor are they always bad at improvising with them in the moment. Nick Wilde has no Se and yet he's a genius con artist, able to keep item's he's swiped out of the range of vision of his victims. Judy is certainly very relaxed when it comes to fluidly hopping over or ducking under obstacles, but I think that's because she's practiced harder than anyone, because she's driven and inspired by her dreams and visions which are larger than everyone's; an Ne mental landscape.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Yeah, a genius con artist.

Which is... an abstract concept, no?

Yet, when they're both on the run, Judy notices things in her environment he doesn't. She's focused on the here and now, and what's right in front of her, Nick is running mental exercises.

A proper Ne-dom should have probably not taken Nick at face value on her first interaction with him, since a Ne would be constantly questioning their perceptions.

Not to mention, a Ne-dom probably would have thought about 124 different potential careers as a child / growing up, and not set her goal on a single option (Ni).

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts
I like your case for Judy being ENFP.

Anyone with enough practice can look like they have Se. Arya Stark in the show for example shows blatant Si yet she's often cast as ESFP. Her book counterpart is xSFP, I agree but on the show? ENFP.

With Judy's job, it's natural that one has to be practiced with scanning the environment. It's part of the job lol. I swear, people are always describing Se as something any average human being does. Forget mbti.

Her Ne is in spades throughout the show. Indecisiveness with Nick's character but willing to work with him anyway as a possibility, witty, wanting to divert from social norms and become a police officer (Ne/Fi,) etc.

So yeah, I definitely buy the ENFP argument. An ENFP can care about society too. The immediate jump to xNFJ just because they see that trait is ridiculous.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Ne doms aren't always bad at innovating using physical objects, nor are they always bad at improvising with them in the moment. Nick Wilde has no Se and yet he's a genius con artist, able to keep item's he's swiped out of the range of vision of his victims. Judy is certainly very relaxed when it comes to fluidly hopping over or ducking under obstacles, but I think that's because she's practiced harder than anyone, because she's driven and inspired by her dreams and visions which are larger than everyone's; an Ne mental landscape.
Ne has to be able to convert those things to notions and concepts to kind of "translate" our environment into a mode of perception that we are able to process quickly. Therefore, I agree that we can be one of the best types for adapting and improvising, but we probably need more prior processing/practice to do it, whereas Se is designed to keep things straight forward so Se-doms are instantly good to go.

I say that as someone who thinks improvisation and adaptation are some of my bigger strengths- it's only because I've been able to set those things to prior experiences in abstract ways, so that I can fire my actions in that moment off fast based off those connections- it's those connections that happen fast, rather than the actual noticing. That's different from just being in the room, having no prior conception or connection to anything going on, and instantly being able to fire which Se can do.

So yeah, it would depend on those circumstances.

·
Registered
ENFP 9w1
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
A proper Ne-dom should have probably not taken Nick at face value on her first interaction with him, since a Ne would be constantly questioning their perceptions.
I've been thinking about this lately. It's actually a stereotype for ENFPs to be more gullible and naive than practical ESFPs or skeptical ENTPs. I think that's because with Fi informing Ne, ENFPs can lean towards optimistic possibilities (possibilities that resemble their internal values) rather than realistic or probable possibilities, and thus they're known to be more trusting and gullible. Before she met Nick and became enamored by his act at the beginning of the movie, she did speculate about many of the bad things that could happen, and so she brought her fox repellent along. If she were ESFP or ENTP, and not ENFP for example, then her thoughts may not have lingered around the positive ideals intensely enough to begin trusting and defending the predator at first sight.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Me and RingzJr are best friends and we helped compile the post after a discussion we had on the types of the main characters to Zootopia. We still agree that yeah Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde are ENFP and ENTP. But I wanted to correct Flynn Ryder in Tangled for the both of us, I thought they were the same but Flynn Ryder is ESTP, with Rapunzel being the same as ENFP. Flynn Ryder uses Se and acts like a fast paced in the moment wise cracker rather than using Ne style human and wit that Nick Wilde uses in Zootopia. Flynn is definitively ESTP and Rapunzel is ENFP still from Tangled. I just wanted to make this correction for Flynn's type for the both of us, Judy is still ENFP and so on, but Flynn Ryder is ESTP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts