Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Ah another late interview. I'm telling you folks, summer is the season to have an excuse to be late.

This month we are interviewing a member who needn't any introduction. *clap* (Just clap until you are told to sit, like when Mao and Stalin enter.)

==================================================​

Motto:"..........."​

What is your real name?
Wicky.

How old are you?
I'll be 26 in couple months.

Which country are you situated in?
Indonesia.

Past Jobs/Current?
After graduated, I worked as a copy editor for educational books for a year. Then I moved to my current company where I works as a journalist. Now I'm a full time editor in chief for some corporate internal magazines and a freelance serial killer.

How would you describe yourself in one word?
Awesome.

How did you get involved with Personality Typing?
My INTJ ex introduced me with MBTI last year.

What is your Myers Briggs Personality and Enneagram Type?
I'm ESTJ, 3w4.

So what's it like to be an ESTJ?
Speaking from my point of view, I have natural high confident. I now exactly what I'm capable of and what's not. I know myself. I know what I want, I know how to get what I want, and I know what kind of results that I will get in the future.

In groups/clubs/organizations, when they trying to find the best leader for the organization, I have to hardly control the urge to raising my hand and saying “I'm the best leader you could ever get!”
Heck, they will usually choose me anyway. LOL.
And then when I was chosen, I get so excited. Ideas running through my brain like blood running fast through my veins. I can't wait to give my best contributions to the organization and I know I'm able to do it.

I don't jump on conclusion easily. It took a long study for me to finally made a decision. And once I made my decision, I don't look back. I come out as opinionated because I'm absolutely sure that I know what I'm talking about, so I can understand if that make me looks like intimidating for some people.

I see time as a valuable resource. Once you lose it, you won't be able to take it back, so it must be used wisely. I love organizing, because I believe that things can run efficiently and effectively if it were organized. I hate wasting my time for useless/unnecessary things. I also very much value integrity, consistency, and loyalty. I put my pride on it. I prefer to be hated for my consistency than to be liked for my hypocrisy.

I love people. I love to learn from them. I love hanging out with different kinds of people, hearing their life stories, laughing and crying with them. There's always something I can learn from them and also share to them. I love the knowledge flows.

How did you find Personality Cafe? What made you join us?
At first, I joined INTJforum because I want to understand my INTJ ex better. Two weeks after I joined the forum, he cheated on me. So I dumped him. LOL.

My ex and I used to chat everyday at work. Without him, I must find something to distract me from remembering him, while waiting for the power of time to heal my pain. I searched for ESTJ forum. I thought finding a forum full of people like me to talk about things would be a good idea to distract myself.

I found none. LOL. But Google led me to ESTJ forum on PersonalityCafe. That's when I decided to join in. I didn't find what I've been looking for, but I do get what I need (distraction).

Do you use "Personality Typing" in the real world?
I have two friends whose personality are opposite from each other. One is a selfish insensitive lack of common sense cold blooded must die bitch that I typed as ENTJ. And another one that is very lovely, fluffy, head in the clouds, popular, and have a messy room, whom I typed as ENFP. One day, I made them took the test. Aaaaaannddd.... tadaaaaa..... they both scored as ESFJ. LMAO.

I thought one of my best friends was an INFJ. She's very quiet, passive, intelligent, and not intimidating in any way. After taken the test, she scored as ENTJ. My INTJ ex bf thought I'm ENTP. He was very surprised when I scored as ESTJ. From those experiences, I learned not to judge a person's type purely based on their external behaviors.

Me and KrystRay, for example. We both ESTJs, but our opinions are mostly opposite to each other. Through her posts, I can understand her train of thought, because hers is similar with mine. Yet we end up having different conclusions or opinions. My guess is that that happens because we have different knowledge and experiences, and we were raised in completely different environment.

I always find people interesting. But I don't use certain personality theories to type people. I usually use my own way to do that. I use jokes to “fit in” and testing the water. You can fake your laugh, but you can't fake your spontaneous laugh. I can tell your characters from the things that you find funny. For example, people who laugh easily on mostly everything are usually more friendly and accepting, while the ones that hardly to laugh are usually more skeptical and suspecting.

I like to analyzing people's body language without them notice. Humans communicate with body language more than words. More than 90% communication is deliver through your body language. I like to compare a person's body language when he/she is talking to me, with their body language when they are talking to their close friends. It somehow shows how they perceive me and what should I do to improve our communication.

Sherlock Holmes kinda reminding me of myself. If he collect all small unnoticed details to solve the crime, I collect all small unnoticed body languages to have a bigger picture of a person. Once I get the bigger picture, I use the knowledge to have a better communication with the person. It's a fun thing to do, and usually more accurate than any personality theories. Well, at least for me that is.

Has personality typing helped you in any way?
Although I find it less useful in real life (because even the same type can behave differently), I do find it very useful in explaining different train of thoughts. It answer my questions on how people receive informations and processing it in their brains. It help me to understand what others were thinking when they behave such and such. Very informative and helpful.

Do you think the different personality theories give an accurate description of you?
I think personality theories only describing some parts of me. Accurate, yes mostly. But it's not describing my whole personality. Thank God for that.

What is your greatest fear?
Failure. I always give my best in everything I do, I ambitiously expecting a success, and it annoys me a huge deal if I failed, because I know I won't be able to stop cursing/blaming myself for the time that I have wasted.

What is your greatest strength?
My fear of failure.

What is your greatest weakness?
I have high temper and impatience. I also have excellent talent in criticizing others and see the bad sides of everything.

What motivates you?
God, my friends, and my dreams of a better future.

What is your philosophy?
Philo... what? What kind of food is that?

What are you passionate about?
Islam and sweets and cappuccino and high heels.

So what do you believe is your greatest accomplishment at this point?
The things I've done to improve my quality of life. I realized that things does get better and better. I mean, my life is hard, but I've been through the worst. I remember times in the past when I have nothing to eat for few days, for example. But now I can just pick any restaurant and eat as much as I want because I can afford it. So it's a big progress and I'm grateful for that.

What are your pet peeves?
Inconsistency, repeated mistakes, and broken promises.

Any phobias?
Shot needle and cockroach.

So what's it like in Indonesia?
Feels like living in heaven. LOL.
As a journalist, I travel a lot and meet lots of people. The more I visit the other sides of my country to meet different people and see different cultures, the more I'm able to appreciate this nation and deeply proud of it. I'm forever grateful for being an Indonesian. We do have some issues to overcome, though, but so is any other countries around the world.

What's is your favorite place to travel to?
Places with something unique to offer, especially their cultures, traditions and culinary. Modern cities bores me.

Your favorite favorite color.
Purple and pink and yellow and red and white and baby blue and orange.

Favorite animal?
The ones that already cooked by my Mom.

What do you do for fun and relaxation?
Dancing!
Oh, and hangout with my friends and colleagues and ice cream and tiramisu and black forest and cheesecake and apple pie and gummy bears and watermelon and cappuccino.

What type of music genre do you listen to?
Dangdut and nasheed. LMAO.

Any favorite singers or band?
Nope.

What do you know now that you wish you'd known 5 years ago?
That everything is gonna be just fine.

Tell us something about yourself that we don't already know.
There are two things I would like to share.

First.
In the past, I used to think that people are like butterflies. I hate butterfly. I think butterfly is a manipulative insect. Butterfly use its beautiful wings to cover its real form. Cut the wings and you'll see the real butterfly : a creepy insect. That's how people are at their bottom : creepy insects. Beauty outside, beast inside.

As time goes by, I understand that I see things from very limited angle. The beauty of a butterfly does not lies in its wings. It lies in the harmony of its body and its wings when they united and work together. The wings can not fly without the body, therefore no one will see the beauty. But when body and wings work together, they can fly and you'll be able to see the whole beauty of a butterfly.

People are not black and white. People are colorful. When I see the bad side of a person, I try not to let it stop me from seeing his/her good sides. When I state my negative opinion about someone's character, most people misunderstand me by thinking that I dislike that person. I'm not. I see it as one side of him/her, and I understand that the person have lots of both good sides and bad sides. I don't judge a person merely by only one side of him/her.

Second.
There are two ways of protecting someone. One, by giving them lots of hugs and comforting words and warm chocolate drink and a cozy bed. Two, by giving them a sword and teach them how to use it, so they can learn to protect themselves.

My way is the second way. It's a harsh way and is not easy to understand. You'll probably gonna hate me for that, especially because I won't say anything to justify my actions. But once you get it, you'll know how much I love you. And like JLo said, my love don't cost a thing. Not even a nice feedback. You can continue to hate me if you want. I won't mind.

What do you like most about PersonalityCafe?
The gift shop, the thanks button, the badges, the forums for each type, the stickied threads, and the fact that this is a free website.

What do you dislike most about PersonalityCafe?
The trolls, the stupid people, and the typists.

Has PerC taught you anything?
I learned that, above all, no matter where we live or how smart of a person is, humans are just the same everywhere.

Do you have any advice for the community of PerC?
Life is beautiful because life consist of colorful individuals. If you can't see the beauty of those butterflies, you won't be able to see the beauty of life.

So what is next for you? What are your plans and goals for the future?
Well, according to my 10 years plan, my next action will be preparing myself to work abroad. For someone who spend her life living in a tropical island for more than 25 years, it's consider as a huge step. I want to make sure that I have well preparations before continuing to the next stage of my life.

Give us your parting words.
I once told Happy that I won't leave him (PC). He probably forgot that already, but I don't. I've said it and I won't take it back. So if 10 years from now, you PC members suddenly remember of PC and decided to check it out, you'll see that I will still be here. I'm not going anywhere (not unless I get banned. LOL).

·
Registered
518 Posts
What a lovely interview... congratulations! :proud: I've seen you all around the forum, but I hardly know you, since I enjoyed being able to read this. :3

I particularly loved your large "Tell us something about yourself that we don't already know" answers.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Congratulations!
I'm not lying when I say that I really enjoyed reading that :happy:

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
"In the past, I used to think that people are like butterflies. I hate butterfly. I think butterfly is a manipulative insect. Butterfly use its beautiful wings to cover its real form. Cut the wings and you'll see the real butterfly : a creepy insect. That's how people are at their bottom : creepy insects. Beauty outside, beast inside.

As time goes by, I understand that I see things from very limited angle. The beauty of a butterfly does not lies in its wings. It lies in the harmony of its body and its wings when they united and work together. The wings can not fly without the body, therefore no one will see the beauty. But when body and wings work together, they can fly and you'll be able to see the whole beauty of a butterfly.

People are not black and white. People are colorful. When I see the bad side of a person, I try not to let it stop me from seeing his/her good sides. When I state my negative opinion about someone's character, most people misunderstand me by thinking that I dislike that person. I'm not. I see it as one side of him/her, and I understand that the person have lots of both good sides and bad sides. I don't judge a person merely by only one side of him/her."

That's just beautiful. I love it!

You're too awesome, WickedQueen. Words can't even express your awesomeness. Congrats! :happy:

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
I thank you everyone for your appreciations. That means a lot for me. :happy:

Reactions: Drea and Allegorist

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dear WickedQueen

Fyi im a Malaysian (so do my husband). It was just last nite that my husb pulled me over to his laptop to see ur photos (the one u posted in ESTJ fashion i think) and we both were like "OH WICKED QUEEN IS A MALAY!!!!! GOSH INGAT KAN MAT SALLEH MANA!!"
We pretty analyzed the background of ur pictures, we said "Oh that one is at KLCC Kuala Lumpur, oh this one is definitely Kuala Lumpur". We said "Hmmmm she must be some kind of a motivator or something, who studies psychology". Then we both went to sleep
This morning i login P.Cafe n was greeted by d link to ur interview, immediately read it and haha as u can already guess, i went "OOHHHH WE WERE SOO WRONG LAST NITE, SHE'S INDONESIAN!!! AND SHE'S ONLY 26??? WHATTTT, SHE'S A JOURNALIST / CHIEF EDITORRRR???"
(fyi I always have this mindset that journalist/editors only come from my type -- INFP hehe. never wud have thought that u r ESTJ and a journalist/editor)

After reading the intereview, i immediately shout out at my husband's Facebook Wall "Hey, read out Wicked Queen's interview at PC!!!!"

-salmi, just joined Personality Cafe a few days ago :tongue:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats :happy:

A very interesting interview, I was glued in the entire time :happy:

Sorry to hear that you don't have much ESTJ company around here :sad:

At least we have a mostly diverse community here, so there is lots of distraction to be had lol

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Dear WickedQueen

Fyi im a Malaysian (so do my husband). It was just last nite that my husb pulled me over to his laptop to see ur photos (the one u posted in ESTJ fashion i think) and we both were like "OH WICKED QUEEN IS A MALAY!!!!! GOSH INGAT KAN MAT SALLEH MANA!!"
We pretty analyzed the background of ur pictures, we said "Oh that one is at KLCC Kuala Lumpur, oh this one is definitely Kuala Lumpur". We said "Hmmmm she must be some kind of a motivator or something, who studies psychology". Then we both went to sleep
This morning i login P.Cafe n was greeted by d link to ur interview, immediately read it and haha as u can already guess, i went "OOHHHH WE WERE SOO WRONG LAST NITE, SHE'S INDONESIAN!!! AND SHE'S ONLY 26??? WHATTTT, SHE'S A JOURNALIST / CHIEF EDITORRRR???"
(fyi I always have this mindset that journalist/editors only come from my type -- INFP hehe. never wud have thought that u r ESTJ and a journalist/editor)

After reading the intereview, i immediately shout out at my husband's Facebook Wall "Hey, read out Wicked Queen's interview at PC!!!!"

-salmi, just joined Personality Cafe a few days ago :tongue:
LMAO!! What an excited respond! :crazy:

You and your husband seems like a cute couple. Glad you guys joined PC! Welcome! :proud:

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Whoot whoot! Congrats!
After this interview I am much less scared of you now:wink:
Whaaaaa....????

Noooooo.....!
I'm a fluffy kind-hearted innocent person inside. :tongue:
Plus, I love ice cream!

Reactions: Drea and agokcen
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status