Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is a hard concept to understand, I'll try and explain it better:

Basically when you're talking to someone and you're trying to explain something and basically when you explain you've got the idea in your head already, so when it comes out, the explanation is vague and indirectly answers the question because you subconsciously forget that the other person may not understand what you already know.

Gee that was hard to explain...

I get that any MBTI type can do anything but I think thats more because everybody uses different functions at different levels, therefore, couldn't a function be linked to this? <- Dont answer this btw, this is just justification not an actual query.

Anyway, hopefully you guys can come up with a hypothetical or a true experience of when you've observed this in others or yourself and can tell me about who you think its commonly linked with...It doesn't even have to be Te or Ti- It could be any! If you know why it works that way too that'll be great- hey maybe through your answers we can actually observe the answers to the question.

Ive known some people with Te in their function stack and they do struggle to explain in terms of getting the other person to understand because the way they explain is through key terms or they'll explain the affect but not why this is having that effect. But then I've also known people with Ti in their stack who tend to explain the principle behind something and then not actually answer the question. Its hard to explain...if i come across any examples of Te/Ti explain differences I'll try and post.

By the way, not talking any doms or aux, inf. here just pure analysis of functions for functions.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I think what you're looking for might be more Ne...

As to the actual question though: I'd go with Te. Ti is much too concerned with getting all the steps right. Te just wants to fix the situation. I've seen some people with high Te skip some steps to 'get to the point' in their communication.
The skipping of the steps itself is usually a sign of Ni/Ne though.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think what you're looking for might be more Ne...

As to the actual question though: I'd go with Te. Ti is much too concerned with getting all the steps right. Te just wants to fix the situation. I've seen some people with high Te skip some steps to 'get to the point' in their communication.
The skipping of the steps itself is usually a sign of Ni/Ne though.
Ah, cool thanks. I can see why Ne would do it. Had no idea Ni does it too, I wonder why they would do it...

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ah, cool thanks. I can see why Ne would do it. Had no idea Ni does it too, I wonder why they would do it...
Ne and Ni do things in a totally different way. That's because Ni is paired with Se and Ne is paired with Si.

I like to see this difference as the difference between Si and Ni basically. They both organize the information, except Si starts from the information and works its way towards the Ne ideas, while Ni starts from the ideas and works its way towards the information with Se.
This means that people with high Ni often start from a conclusion and then collect information that fits their ideas. People with high Ni that are reasonably intelligent will use this to be critical of their own (and other people's) ideas and filter out the bad theories from the good ones, while less intelligent people will discard any information that doesn't fit their worldview and defend their ideas to the end.

Although I hate the wording on this, I'm going to phrase it this way anyway: Si/Ne is the bottom-up approach (start with information and work towards ideas) and Ni/Se is the top-down approach (start from ideas and work towards information).

If anyone has a better wording for that last one, please tell me. I hate that it reads as "ideas are 'higher' than facts" because that gives all the wrong ideas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts