Personality Cafe banner

Jung & Freud/ Freud vs Jung TV series.

• Good idea! It has potential. Would watch!

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Not a good idea. Boring, would not watch.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dumbest idea for a TV show I've ever heard.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Imagine how cool it would be..episodes about patients of both doctors where common themes are explored. Contrast between their techniques are made..would be witty like House MD. Freud being a dick like Dr. House, and Jung- Dr. Wilson.

Good idea? Has potential? Would you watch it?

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
I always thought their relationship and contrast in philosophies would make a good movie. I always thought of it as being serious, but your idea is not bad. It could be somewhat like an odd couple show. I'd check it out just because it would be about Freud and Jung, so I am biased. I don't know if the average person would be interested. It may work.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
l saw the thread title and was like ''Did you really go there, PBS? Honestly.''

But l would probably watch it at least once lol.

Reactions: Emerald Legend

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Didn't they make a movie about Freud and Jung?
Yes, unfortunately most of it focused on Jung's sado-masochist affair with one of his patients which detracted from the real high points of the film: the battle of minds between Freud and Jung such as this scene:

If we could have a film or series that focused more on this intellectual battle, that would be awesome!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yes, unfortunately most of it focused on Jung's sado-masochist affair with one of his patients which detracted from the real high points of the film: the battle of minds between Freud and Jung such as this scene:

If we could have a film or series that focused more on this intellectual battle, that would be awesome!
The movie was awful. It concentrated happily on pointless sexual elements and strayed from the intellectualism is should have proudly showcased. A disgrace.

Reactions: Emerald Legend

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
The movie was awful. It concentrated happily on pointless sexual elements and strayed from the intellectualism is should have proudly showcased. A disgrace.
Well it was a basically a love story with psychology in the background. It wasn't terrible. It was a wasted opportunity though. Especially with the cast. The guys who played Freud and Jung were perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts