Personality Cafe banner

Jung's Introverted Intuitive Description

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Mizmar 
#1 ·
is the most spot on and accurate about me but I woudln't consider myself INTJ or INFJ. Has anyone else read this? Hang on. I'll give it a fetch. It's worth the read. Also, I like how Jung didn't seperate things like Isabella Myers did. His analysis wasn't limited. Has anyone read The Essential Jung?

The Intuitive Self - Author - Bill Taggart

Read it. Don't focus on the INFJ personal reflection stuff. I'm talking about the Jung stuff and can't find a better one.

#2 ·
Wow, I read the article and it perfectly describes a good friend of mine. Thanks for posting that!

#3 ·
I read it and I can relate even though I'm neither and artist nor a poet. (I used to draw when was little, though.) I'm very oriented to my inner visions which for me serve as an inner sanctum into which I go to recharge.

I think what I've been trying to develop more of is my Se - becoming more attentive, less absent-minded and forgetful. OTOH, some aspects of (what I presume to be) Se are pretty innate for me such as a sensitivity to, and appreciation for color, texture, sound, and general atmosphere. An aesthetic awareness I suppose is how I would characterize it. Would that be attributable to Se? Or are those still Ni? Or maybe Ne?

#5 ·
is the most spot on and accurate about me but I woudln't consider myself INTJ or INFJ. Has anyone else read this? Hang on. I'll give it a fetch. It's worth the read. Also, I like how Jung didn't seperate things like Isabella Myers did. His analysis wasn't limited. Has anyone read The Essential Jung?

The Intuitive Self - Author - Bill Taggart

Read it. Don't focus on the INFJ personal reflection stuff. I'm talking about the Jung stuff and can't find a better one.
I've been reading Jung's writings on personality types at Barnes & Nobles and have decided I'm one of his "Introverted Intuitive" types. I defintiely prefer Jung's descriptions over any of the MBTI descriptions I've read. They make more sense to me. I don't identify with either of the INXJs.

Here is some of Dr. J. H. van der Hoop's description of "The Introverted Intuitive Type" for anyone who is interested: infp.globalchatter.com :: View topic - "The Introverted Intuitive Type"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.