Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, so in my past encounters of seeminglessly endless heartbreak and accounts of being led on, i reached a point where i said, fuck it! i just wanna make some good friends with some chicks and that'll be awesome. then as I'm making friends with this one girl, after hanging out with mutual friends a few times, out of no where she starts to get really flirty with me. the first instance being, her saying, 'sorry for the late one was showering ;p' now i could be wrong but I'm pretty sure thats a solid flirt right there. being that i only wanna be friends i didn't say anything back to that until later the next day, but sorta freaked out cause i didn't wanna hurt her feelings and said 'wow ;p well you looked great last night :)' she said thanks rahrahrah, and then said, 'i can't remember what my last message was to you ;p' which I'm pretty sure she was meaning the shower thing again.

i didn't know what to do cause i saw her as tryna push the conversation back to that same topic am i right? so i freaked out again and didn't respond, and got a message a few hours later asking me what I'm working the next day. (a subtle change of subject?) by which point i was busy and didn't end up responding till way later when i tried to send just a friendly message back, ith out mentioning anything about her message that she can't seem to remember that she sent -_-. thing is, i do kinda like this girl but at the same tie i wanna be friends right now and not make her mad by not giving her what she wants or scare her off, and not give her the wrong idea that I'm totally into her. what do i doooooooooooooooo

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Just do her. You'll find other friends

.... but if that's an unsatisfactory answer, well, I would try to dodge that sort of messages. Write back, but do it as if you're assuming she isn't flirting with you. If she keeps doing it, tell her that you really want to be friends and that despite she might be interesting and all, you don't want to be in that game right now. Just make it as transparent as possible that there is nothing wrong with her.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay well we were talking a while tonight just about random shit, and i asks her what her favourite actor/actress is, cause we were on the topic of movies. and she said hahah alright and i said alright... what don't you have one? and she goes nah i don't. haha I'm off to bed night! what the fuuuuuuuuccckkkkk. girls are so weird.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I've gotten to the point where I won't assume that someone is interested in me until they directly say so. :/
I'm tired of the games.

If you like games, more power to you.
If you don't, well, just because someone says something that can be interpreted as flirty doesn't mean you should get excited.

I still feel nervous when people show me too much attention or talk about sex around me, though.

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
@guitarrabbi So....you are into her, but you want to stay friends, so you don't tell her you like her a lot. Meanwhile she is flirting with you, giving you hints even a blind man cannot miss, but she doesn't outright tell you that she likes you.

Mixed signals. Mixed signals everywhere.

Question: Look deep down into your feelings. Do you want a relationship with her or not?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey man, fully get where your coming from, but we've only been talking like 2 weeks if that, so its like yeah i do, but not this soon you know? i wanna get to KNOW this girl.

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
hey man, fully get where your coming from, but we've only been talking like 2 weeks if that, so its like yeah i do, but not this soon you know? i wanna get to KNOW this girl.
Isn't that why man invented dating? Ask her out. Because if you wait too long and develop a friendship you will risk entering the dreaded friendzone.... Honestly...what I've learned, from past mistakes, is that you better make a move instead of waiting for the magical right moment.

·
Registered
52 Posts
okay well we were talking a while tonight just about random shit, and i asks her what her favourite actor/actress is, cause we were on the topic of movies. and she said hahah alright and i said alright... what don't you have one? and she goes nah i don't. haha I'm off to bed night! what the fuuuuuuuuccckkkkk. girls are so weird.
Yea well, i won't vouch anything but based on that reply from hers id say you are running on spare time if that.
Might not be that bad idea to take hint from previous comments. Women's mind seem to change so... quickly. :]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
in my opinion if someone is genuinely attracted to you I'm not sure there would be much of a choice in the matter? the whole, people can't 'choose' how they feel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.