Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wondering recently if starting up a school based on this whole personality typing thing would be a good idea. For example, the teachers would help introverts and extroverts alike develop into more well-rounded people. Plus, the students would meet like-minded people. This is just a thought, so shoot it down or help me improve on this rough idea. :proud:

·
Registered
749 Posts
First impressions are that these are kids, and I feel like labeling kids can lead to some controversy.

"No way is little Johnny INTP!! He's gonna grow up to be an ESTJ like his father, damn it!!!"

If just the idea of labeling children even for positive means doesn't have a stigma attached to it I would be concerned with the practical elements of the testing itself. I mean Jungian types, while I consider them to be quite accurate, have often times been criticized as psuedo-science and to deviate from a homogenized course load for children based on something unsubstantiated could be rife with controversy since these days more and more its about 'equality' when really we're just suppressing our children's potential (no child left behind). Especially considering that as a child I would sometimes fill in wrong answers just to piss off my parents or to be non-conformist, which under this plan would have me lumped in with a bunch of feeling types or some sort of 'special class' since I'd filled in my bubbles at random in a way no normally functioning human brain could ever fill in bubbles.

It's not a bad idea. It's just ultimately I feel like a lot of parents would potentially be opposed, plus, public schools are already pretty crappy. You fill out the sheets and you've got education, nothing specialized. Those are my thoughts on it, which really are really just more of an elucidation of some hurdles I think it would encounter and a veiled criticism of the public education system itself. I'm not saying it's a bad idea by any means to try and tailer a learning package to specific personality types, and it could be worth suggesting to someone.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I agree, it's a good idea but I don't see it actually happening. Perhaps schools with more vague "types", maybe more just putting all the kids who like math together, the artsy ones together, etc. would be a more realistic idea.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Do you know how much work would get done at INTP Academy?

None.

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
I think it's a very good idea, would help all individuals become more balanced and there'd be less clashing in the new generations and more understanding.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I don't think it works when one type is taken away from others. If they're going to become well-rounded, they need to practise real life.

It's an interesting idea, but it's not very practical and it's not very healthy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts