Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Nice to meet you.
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of the interest I've gotten, the last two have been ISFP and ISTP.

It's interesting how I've attracted these types. Perhaps they can sense my dominant Fi. The trouble is that it comes out through Ne or it doesn't come out! So I can bla bla bla forever to them, and they don't respond back my way, so I feel all perplexed and insecure, and who knows what they think of me! If I knew what they thought of me, I wouldn't feel so moody all the time! Absolutely moody...

I can have ISXP friends, but in a relationship, I end up setting my heart out on a silver platter for them to examine, but they don't know how. And we have a communication breakdown because they talk about things that I have trouble getting and appreciating.

I met the ISFP through technological circumstances, but I met the ISTP in the conventional way, so I'll talk about him. He had seen me around for a couple of years. Probably thought I had a good look to me, a thoughtful look in my eye. I generally listen more than speak, and when I do speak, people know I'm "smart." So he probably thought I was intelligent, but also caring and understanding. And he wasn't wrong.

But we did not click in personality at all. Not at all, and we both realized that!

Ti Se Ni Fe
Fi Ne Si Te​

I mean, look at that! No wonder! We didn't even flirt intelligibly!

I'll tell you where we did click, and that was the physical side... That was some good stuff. His Se told my Ne to shut up! He was so gifted and pure/honest. I'm surprised he doesn't get more ladies because I woke up the morning without him trembling. It was a fantastic time. It was only during that time that we were in the moment together. The rest of the time, I was a weirdo, and he was boring company! Me and the ISFP tended to explore our physical relationship more than anything else too. The ISTP was far superior though. I think the combination of Se sensual attunement plus the purity of inferior Fe expression made the experience so fantastic. I really knew he was having a good time.

I think I get weirder if I feel that people aren't responding to my Ne. The weirdness will escalate until I get some kind of response!

Although I would totally take that physical experience with the ISTP for the rest of my life, I don't think ISxPs are a good natural match for me. At least not at my current level of maturity. Ne is really trying to dominate me right now, making me dig, dig, dig. I tried to dig into the ISxPs I dated, and I couldn't find what I wanted. I only frustrated myself, and I looked like I was crazy.

I was with the ISFP for a year and a half, and the worst part was how I would go through periods of hating myself. NEWSFLASH: If you hate yourself while you're in a relationship with someone you "love," get out of it!!

My early years of college were with the ISFP or recovering from our relationship, and I think it hindered the use of my auxiliary function. It's been a little over a year since we broke up, and I'm having such huge breakthroughs with it. Maybe it's simply a greater awareness of it.

The ISTP was pretty mature, and that's why we only had to go on a single date before calling the whole thing off.

I don't type everyone I meet, and I don't ask for the type of everyone I meet. However, I know when the traits of someone I'm considering are like the traits of some failed relationships, and I'll naturally want to avoid that. The ISFP had some mental roadblocks, and the ISTP was horrendously busy with an internship and didn't have time for me.

I'm sure I could have relational success with some ISxP. They seem to be interested in me. To have the best shot at working, we will both need to be at the same point in life working at the same place, possibly. We'll need to feel comfortable making space for lots of in-person time, and we'll need to have some of the same interests and hobbies.

And on a personal note, I'll need to not get so physical so fast!!

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Nice to meet you.
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For the record, the ISTP I speak of was actually an ISTJ. I click much better with ISTPs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts