Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently had a course on mbti at uni and we did the official test. I thought the descriptions were really interesting and somewhat accurate so I decided to do some research in the internet about it, I guess that's why I'm here! :)

Anywho, I'm a 23 year old student doing a master's degree in chemistry (might do a PhD afteerwards? Not sure yet). I travelled a lot when I was a kid because of my dad's job so I guess that made open-minded even though I'm shy and prefer to keep to myself.
I also LOVE music, my mom tried to sign me up to music classes when I was a kid but I don't really like being told what to do so it never really worked out. I recently started to teach myself how to play bass and guitar. Nowadays I mostly spend my time either listening to music or playing! If you wanna know what type of music i enjoy just ask (the list is far too long haha), I love to talk about music :).

Soooo let's talk about MBTI! The results were clear, I'm definetly an INFP! So I'll try to break it down!

First of all, I , I think this one was pretty easy to type, I'm reserved and I like to spend time by myself. Still I'm always friendly when people approach me (not that often haha)!

Then, N, this one was pretty easy to type as well, I've been told that I've always got my head in the clouds and I'm always day dreaming. I like to use a lot of metaphors when I speak. I also like to take a global approach when facing a problem, whereas most other students in my class are detail-oriented (which I find is a bit of a waste of time!). Also fun fact, most of the people in my class were typed as S (~90%).

Another easy one was P... Let's say I'm a bit messy haha. I prefer to be adaptable rather than organized! And I sometimes might struggle to convey my ideas in a way that everyone can understand.

The hardest letter to determine for me was F/T. I think the fact that I'm in a science course surrounded by very rational and rigorous people has made me more balanced in this aspect. However, after reading the descriptions of both INFP and INFP, I only really identified with INFP, and when making decisions I tend to go with my gut-feeling!

Oh and in case you wanna know, in my class most guys were ISTJ and girls were usually E/ISFJ

Well, that was a bit long sorry haha.
If you wanna talk just let me know, I'm sure we'll get along !

See ya around :eek:ctopus:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts