Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow INFJs,

I'm so glad I found you! Yesterday was my birthday and I was feeling especially lonely, not knowing any other INFJs, so I searched the internet, and there you were. I don't know what took me so long to think of that.

I'm in central Ohio, (any others close by?) married to an ISTJ--seemed like a good idea at the time. I have 4 children and I'm an accountant but I stay home with the kids. I can do all that left-brain stuff, but my resting state is right-brained. I paint portraits in oil, I'm learning the violin when I have time, I sing in the church choir, I love beauty. I looooove to read. Sometimes 2 books or more in a day.

My neighbors are NOT INFJs so I avoid all their activities. I mean, if I'm going to be lonely with them, I'd rather be lonely on my own turf without the aggravation. Now I feel guilty for saying that but it's true. Took the Enneagram quiz and I'm a Type 5w4, 9w1, 2w1. Need to look more into that but it seemed accurate.

I'm hoping to make a few friends here.

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Welcome! Kerola

Hope you'll find it interesting & enjoyable here - sure you will.

What kind of books do you read?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Ohio is the state below me. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Accountancy is an unusual job for an INFJ. What do you like and what do you dislike about your job?
Solving the puzzle. (I do have some T tendencies.) It's why I prefer public accounting, because that way you get a variety of clients as opposed to having a position where you do the same thing over and over. The drudgery sucks the life out of my soul!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Welcome!
There's lots of INFJs and enneagram Type 5's on this site. I think you'll enjoy it. Lots of interesting stuff.
I'm a 5w4 9w1 2w1 also, which makes me excited because I'm not sure if I've met any others. :]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome :) INFJ's marrying ISTJ's seems to be a trend actually :)
Really? It's a hard relationship for an INFJ since ISTJs are clueless when it comes to feelings. I find I have to interpret/translate his actions if I want to find out how he feels. If I ask outright, all I'll get is a blank stare! They are rocks, though. Or at least He is. Totally dependable and trustworthy.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
feel welcome.
marriage and relationship-Stuff
I love ENFJs or ENFPs... ISTJ... not myyyyyy kind of love -.-'

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome!
There's lots of INFJs and enneagram Type 5's on this site. I think you'll enjoy it. Lots of interesting stuff.
I'm a 5w4 9w1 2w1 also, which makes me excited because I'm not sure if I've met any others. :]
I'm so happy to hear that! Sometimes I feel like I'm on a deserted island, 'cause I can't find anyone from 'my planet'.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome! Kerola

Hope you'll find it interesting & enjoyable here - sure you will.

What kind of books do you read?
A variety, but generally informational & fiction. Right now I'm reading one on HSPs, a few on grief (my dad recently passed away), and I'm currently on a paranormal romance kick. I tend to avoid books with painful subjects (I like happy endings!), which is why I waited a long time to read The Hunger Games. Since my daughter wanted to read it I went for it. The subject is appalling but it's well-written and I got sucked in, so I read the trilogy last weekend.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Hello!
Welcome, fellow book-lover! And congratulations on being another fellow March birthday (mine is in the first week of the month)! :kitteh:
I hope you find comfort, peace, enlightenment and fun on this forum and PerC!

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
A variety, but generally informational & fiction. Right now I'm reading one on HSPs, a few on grief (my dad recently passed away), and I'm currently on a paranormal romance kick. I tend to avoid books with painful subjects (I like happy endings!), which is why I waited a long time to read The Hunger Games. Since my daughter wanted to read it I went for it. The subject is appalling but it's well-written and I got sucked in, so I read the trilogy last weekend.
Is that the book by Elaine Aron?

Sorry to hear about your dad, were you close?

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Welcome and :

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
Hola @Kerola welcome to the forum! I bet you will enjoy in here, it is a warm, funny and interesting place and you will find really nice people, you won´t feel lonely here, there are a lot of alike minds :wink: hope you have fun ohh ohh and Happy Birthday :tongue:

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,469 Posts

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts