Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(See signature) Has this happened to anyone else? I had tested over and over again, always getting INFP. But I couldn't help but feeling that maybe my past depressions and hangups have made me test differently than I actually would. I do feel a bit extraverted at times, I probably just value time alone as well which is why I used to test "I."

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
(See signature) Has this happened to anyone else? I had tested over and over again, always getting INFP. But I couldn't help but feeling that maybe my past depressions and hangups have made me test differently than I actually would. I do feel a bit extraverted at times, I probably just value time alone as well which is why I used to test "I."

(Sorry - reposted this, this subforum seems more appropriate)

·
Registered
551 Posts
It really comes down to your cognitive functions. Do you think more with Se or an iNtuitive function. You can probably look up the functions for an INFP, but for an ESFP it's Se Fi Te Ni. This helped me come to the final decision on what my type truly was. (Although nobody can ever generalize a person) Hope you find what you're looking for!

·
Registered
757 Posts
The fact that you're already starting to think of yourself an ESFP is amusing. None of it works like that. If you're an INFP, that is just your score and they're just 4 insignificant letters. Understanding the functions, combinations and what they may lead to are the most important part. Also, the tests are horribly generalized. They are nowhere near an accurate measurement of personality type. I take all of the personality tests in context of what the questions are looking for from what they're asking. If it is an introversion question, don't worry about the maybe/sometimes. Its all about why they might ask a question. That'll likely give you more accurate results. If not, then you should probably give more information of your type and then someone remotely intelligent/experienced in MBTI can help you figure it out. That is if you care about it.

Reactions: SeeNbetween

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
757 Posts
You said "I do feel a bit extraverted at times" so I just found it kinda funny how you appeared to be speculating something.

Well its good that you seem to have gotten a better understanding of your type.

Reactions: SeeNbetween

·
Registered
158 Posts
ESFP and INFP are extremely different. I am certain I am NFP, and relate to parts of the description INFP and parts of the description of ENFP. But I rarely use Se. I am often completely oblivious to my environment. Contrary to what some believe, Se doesn't necessarily have anything to do with being sensual or hedonistic. I am both of those things and I am definitely a user of primarily Ne and Fi. Also, being outgoing at times doesn't indicate extroversion. ESFPs do tend to be one of the most outgoing types, though.

Did you come to a conclusion or are you still speculating? It seems like INFPs are one the most likely types to question their type constantly. With the INTPs I know, as soon as they read the description they are certain that is what they are. I think Fi and the search for personal identity lead us to question these things more often than other types. If anything, constantly vacillating and questioning the validity of one's typing seems to be a hallmark of INFPs.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I shouldnt have made 2 threads. Look at "my what's my type form" down a few spaces in this subforum

·
Registered
81 Posts
It could mean that your introvert side is INFP but your extrovert side might switch to an ESFP qualities. I know because it happened to me, I've become more social than usual and tested an ESFP when I was an INFP. Which I found odd but its my extrovert side that could be the change but still have some of the qualities of INFP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts