Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what type is he?

The fact that the guy is a an introvert is a definite. You can't even argue against that. But what about the rest?

I'm thinking either an

INFP

or

ISFP

maybe INFJ but less likely of the three

He definitely strikes me as an intense, emotional individual who reserves this part of himself.

Anyway what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
66 Posts
He always plays the deity roles in his movies...unless he's a young stoner, and the funniest part is that having power doesn't change how he acts. Might mean something. I would guess INFP.

Reactions: thor odinson

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,925 Posts

·
May Child
1,123 Posts
My guess would be INFJ. He is definitely an introverted person, but he does seem to warm up during interviews and is actually pretty expressive. I can't really see INFP because I don't think that he is an Ne user, also, he seems to have an edge to him in interviews, sort of like a bit of a guard. INFP's tend to seem more relaxed. But ISFP is possible, I would have to look at a few more interviews to know for sure though.

·
Banned
7,275 Posts
Isn't he always typed as an ENFP? he's always thought of as being a recluse and what not, yet almost everywhere he is typed as an ENFP :confused:

From every thing I've heard of him, he does sound like an introvert though.

·
May Child
1,123 Posts
The ENFP thing seems unlikely. I guess it might be because of the characters he used to play, not that they were ENFP's, but along the bubbly lines. I have ever seen an interview in which he used Ne as dom.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
So what type is he?

The fact that the guy is a an introvert is a definite. You can't even argue against that. But what about the rest?

I'm thinking either an

INFP

or

ISFP

maybe INFJ but less likely of the three

He definitely strikes me as an intense, emotional individual who reserves this part of himself.

Anyway what are your thoughts?

yeah, INFP.

He seems to have a lot of feelz. I JUST saw John Wick where he plays this ridiculous badass ex mafia hitman (and so on). whose wife just died. So he's sad Keanu, just like in real life!!

I kind of feel bad for the dude, his girlfriend IRL gave birth to a stillborn, then less than 2 years later fucking DIED in a car accident herself.

Poor bastard.

He sucked in Bram Stoker's Dracula.

But was great in a lot of others, Speed, Point Break.

Reactions: Chompy

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I have typed him in my mind as an infj - way too expressive and freely talka about emotional topics. infp's would tend to eiher be more shy or random....
He does struggle to find the right words often so sounds sometimes kinda random, but then when you look at it, it's nit that he jumps to a new idea or topic, but more a different way of explaining it.

I dont know.... He seems like a lovely human being though

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
@johnnyyukon

Plus his best friend died when he was young and his father was arrested for drug dealing. I got a lotta' respect for him.
didn't know that.

I think god hates him.

Ha, I mean seriously, he's like Job from the Bible.

I have typed him in my mind as an infj - way too expressive and freely talka about emotional topics. infp's would tend to eiher be more shy or random....
He does struggle to find the right words often so sounds sometimes kinda random, but then when you look at it, it's nit that he jumps to a new idea or topic, but more a different way of explaining it.

I dont know.... He seems like a lovely human being though

Expressive????????

Well, he does seem very kind.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
didn't know that.

I think god hates him.

Ha, I mean seriously, he's like Job from the Bible.

Expressive????????

Well, he does seem very kind.
Yeah, compared to how a Fi would be. He is comfortable with talking feeling aspects and emotions. A Fi/Ne would more likely somewhat hide the feeling nature of it through metaphors and abstract comparisona. Leading Fe is more direct. Infp speaks through Ne while infj speaks through Fe.

At least my 2 cents. I gotta repeat though, that I don't comsider myself good at typing, but sometimes I'm correct ^_^

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Yeah, compared to how a Fi would be. He is comfortable with talking feeling aspects and emotions. A Fi/Ne would more likely somewhat hide the feeling nature of it through metaphors and abstract comparisona. Leading Fe is more direct. Infp speaks through Ne while infj speaks through Fe.

At least my 2 cents. I gotta repeat though, that I don't comsider myself good at typing, but sometimes I'm correct ^_^
@Shameless Nation

I agree, definitely an Fe user.
I'm not a great typer either, and it's not like I know Mr. Reeves personally. But may I ask what youz 2 are basing your "Fe user" on?

Just curious :D

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I'm not a great typer either, and it's not like I know Mr. Reeves personally. But may I ask what youz 2 are basing your "Fe user" on?

Just curious :D
Mainly the subtheories of physical typing... Like how functions can be physically observed. Won't be able to link any references for that, i'm ņot on a computer, but if you compare the way he out his energy on expressing the feeling side of what he is saying. Using a lot of adjectives with a lot of energy.

For instance, Heath Ledger, who's widely accepted as an INFP and I sign under that too, in this interview is asked about how he feels about the experience of shooting his films and instead of expressing his feelings about it directly and comfortably, he goes around using comparisons, the "it was kinda like", not many adjectives. More like tells a little story to explain what it was like, so the listener can imagine that story and experience it too. He's simply not as comfortable at expressing how he feels about certain things.... Either because he doesn't like it or doesn't believe any single word can fully describe it... That's a problem I have read many Fi users face - the feeling experience is so detailed and so individual, that there aren't really many words that can describe it.... So they use poetry, analogies or other means of artistic expression to portray that experience.

While, for instance in the video posted in a comment on this page, Keanu is, as I said, energetic and comfortable with using adjectives and puts his energy soecifically in expressing the "feelings". At the moments the question or his answer is more abstract, he sort of also goes to another plane, where he struggles finding the right words, but with feelings - it seems to flow naturally.

I know Fi and Fe is not about feelings, but the manifastation in that area I think is still different.

P.S. There's a possibility that it has nothing to do with Fi/Fe just some other opposite qualities :D

EDIT: Thouh I'm watching Mia Wasikowska now, a supposedly healthy INFP and she is more clear and expressive than Heath, but still not as much as Keanu in the interview. Her excitement manifests more in the ideas, jokes and stories rather than elation to other's. It's like her and the interviewer are both laughing and being energetic, but the topics keep and her words still keep a distance between them. While Keanu is welcoming and comforting in that sense.... See, i'm having trouble finding words for it too :D

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Mainly the subtheories of physical typing... Like how functions can be physically observed. Won't be able to link any references for that, i'm ņot on a computer, but if you compare the way he out his energy on expressing the feeling side of what he is saying. Using a lot of adjectives with a lot of energy.

For instance, Heath Ledger, who's widely accepted as an INFP and I sign under that too, in this interview is asked about how he feels about the experience of shooting his films and instead of expressing his feelings about it directly and comfortably, he goes around using comparisons, the "it was kinda like", not many adjectives. More like tells a little story to explain what it was like, so the listener can imagine that story and experience it too. He's simply not as comfortable at expressing how he feels about certain things.... Either because he doesn't like it or doesn't believe any single word can fully describe it... That's a problem I have read many Fi users face - the feeling experience is so detailed and so individual, that there aren't really many words that can describe it.... So they use poetry, analogies or other means of artistic expression to portray that experience.

While, for instance in the video posted in a comment on this page, Keanu is, as I said, energetic and comfortable with using adjectives and puts his energy soecifically in expressing the "feelings". At the moments the question or his answer is more abstract, he sort of also goes to another plane, where he struggles finding the right words, but with feelings - it seems to flow naturally.

I know Fi and Fe is not about feelings, but the manifastation in that area I think is still different.

P.S. There's a possibility that it has nothing to do with Fi/Fe just some other opposite qualities :D

EDIT: Thouh I'm watching Mia Wasikowska now, a supposedly healthy INFP and she is more clear and expressive than Heath, but still not as much as Keanu in the interview. Her excitement manifests more in the ideas, jokes and stories rather than elation to other's. It's like her and the interviewer are both laughing and being energetic, but the topics keep and her words still keep a distance between them. While Keanu is welcoming and comforting in that sense.... See, i'm having trouble finding words for it too :D
Hmmmm. Well I find both INFPs and INFJs to be 2 of the more curious types myself so I couldn't add much. That was quite informative though, thanks!

I will say that, watching both those videos (@Ms Believer) they really both kind of struggle with words, both seem shy.

I'm Fe tertiary and it's pretty healthy and I can explain feelings and such pretty easily and and quickly and articulately. I saw those two darting their eyes around everywhere searching for the words.

BUT, here's an INFJ description from 16personalitytypes,

"They have a talent for warm, sensitive language, speaking in human terms, rather than with pure logic and fact"

^^^I saw more of that with Keanu, so I could see the reasoning.

Sooooooo...I have no idea, heheh, and no real strong opinion at this point. Leaning towards INFJ, congrats, you guys convinced me. :D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts