RH says that basically a cling to objectivity marks a 1w9, and for that reason they avoid human relationships. 1w9s persuade by showing you their logic without bias. 1w2 is supposed to be more comfortable with subjectivity, enjoys debate to refine their ideas, these relationships creates a need for the betterment of others.What are the key differences between the two? How do I know which one I am? What are some famous people of each type?
I wonder if you could link back the difference from 1w2 and 1w9 to lifestyle, and say each wing builds their personality around their interaction with others and this shapes how the 1 fixation characteristics are applied to the environment.1w9s seem to be more into philosophising morals and what needs to be reformed etc whereas 1w2s would rather actually act on it. 1w2s are usually more feisty than 1w9s as well.
Are those the Typewatch examples? Typewatch's definition is much different than RH's. I don't understand how some of those guys like Karl Rove or some of the other 1w9s are actually 1 because the moralist never actually shows through with them to convince me that they're a 1. 1w9 is said to be otherworldly, but how unmoralistic and lacking resentment can you be without being a 5 given the fixation?1w9s tend to be less emotionally expressive than 1w2s. I've noticed that when watching some of the videos of famous 1s. The 1w9s seem to be much drier and more reserved than 1w2s.
externallyWhat are the key differences between the two? How do I know which one I am? What are some famous people of each type?
I think that 1w9's are more likely to be confused with 4's, especially with the 5-wing.externally
1) 1w9s are more relaxed, giving off a grounding, paternal presence; 1w2s tend to be more tense/rigid
2) 1w2s expend more energy. 1w9s will speak up if they feel there is a significant problem, but they don't do so in a way that exerts a lot of energy.
3) 1w2s like to debate more; 1w9s find it tiring after awhile, especially if the opposition is being belligerent or disrespectful
4) 1w2s are typically more critical of details; 1w9s are more big picture and more likely to view minutia as insignificant
5) 1w9s have an aversion to excessive displays of emotion; 1w2s wear more emotion on their sleeves
6) similarly, 1w9s avoid emotional appeals when trying to make converts; 1w2s readily resort to emotional appeals and sensationalism; viewing the "human" element as essential.
7) 1w9s channel their anger more efficiently. they tire more easily and are less verbose and action oriented than 1w2s. in terms of aggression, a 1w9's is similar to a samurai, making a few swift, powerful and precise cuts that quickly severe their opponent and end the altercation (they can be really fucking scary during this short period). 1w2's aggression is more fiery and longer lasting once it's turned on
8) 1w9s tend to mind their own business more; 1w2 is more willing to get in your face and put up a protest.
9) 1w2s tend to view 1w9s are complacent and dispassionate; 1w9s tend to view 1w2s as disruptive and irrational
10) 1w2s have a stronger superego influence. they're more likely to appeal to a person's guilty or sense of duty/obligation. 1w9s may do this a little, but they typically find copious amounts of it unsavory. the 9 wing lessens the pull of the superego and allows them to be more mellow and less controlling.
3w4/1w9 would be a more likely mix up in my opinion.I think that 1w9's are more likely to be confused with 4's, especially with the 5-wing.
*wants to see a vibe comparison between 4w3 and 4w5*4w5s come off edgier with a less polished delivery. while both types tend to have more introverted communication styles, the 1w9 is more restrained, seeing personal problems and inner conflict as things they shouldn't inconvenience the outside world with. 4w5s don't care about this. they may not extrovert all of their emotions, but, when do they express them, it's usually done indiscriminately. their personalities tend to have a more reactive quality similar to cp6 or even 8 and it often seems like their heart and their mind are grinding against each other.
on the other hand, an integrated 4w3 could potentially look like a 1w9.
off the top of my head*wants to see a vibe comparison between 4w3 and 4w5*
I am a 1w9 and that is very very very very true . That's exactly how we see it. We want to maintain a "good" relationship with others, and try to deal with any problem in a logical way, avoiding any slips of "bad" emotions.Pobably somebody who wants to lock up those close to him to protect them from any potential harm?
But how does 3w4 and 4w3 look differentoff the top of my head
due to the 3 wing, 4w3 is a little more polished, though more likely to extrovert certain aspects of their internal volatility. 4w3s are typically more feisty and temperamental and may be more prone to a sense of entitlement/narcissism than 4w5. they have more outward charisma and are often more ambitious than the more withdrawn 4w5, possessing a taste for the extravagant and fluctuating between confidence, defensive image projection and self loathing.
Another sx 1w9 here, with an sx 1w2 ex that I'm still friends with. I'd say we're equally protective of others and strict about hiding bad emotions from them, but the way we try to protect is extremely different. His way of protecting people seems fairly inseparable from applying his standards to others. It's less personal with me. I don't get as frustrated when someone ignores an obvious solution to their problems. I tend to try and work around other people, manipulating the circumstances or environment to solve problems for the people I want to protect.I am a 1w9 and that is very very very very true . That's exactly how we see it. We want to maintain a "good" relationship with others, and try to deal with any problem in a logical way, avoiding any slips of "bad" emotions.