Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to do my best to be honest. I'm between ISTP and INTJ and ENTJ and ISTJ and INTP and ESTP...I'm really confused.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I'm kind of torn between I and E, N and S, and P and J. I'm positive I'm an xxTx though. I don't really think ambiversion is...real so I'm not going to say Axxx.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn to be successful and happy, and to feel like I'm really worth something. I want to be laying in my deathbed and think "Wow, I had a great run." Why..I don't know, why not? I've always felt the urge to be successful.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I saved this one for last; I can't really think of any time. I guess when I was in a production of Hairspray recently, I played Edna, and I had one show when someone said that I was "on fire" that night. It made me feel really good about myself, and I felt like it was the best show I'd ever done. I would have to say that the compliment made me feel that way.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I feel inferior when I'm around people who are much more talented than I am. I feel inferior when I fail.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I think about what people will think when I make a decision. In the end, my decision tends to be whatever I think people will think the most positively of, even if it's not necessarily the decision I wanted originally.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I emphasize making everything perfect, down to the last detail. Nothing can be wrong. I prefer to be in control of the outcome, so if it went well I get all of the credit, and if it failed I know I need to improve myself and my work.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Any memory I have of having fun is always tainted by the memory of how much I had to put off to take time to have fun. I guess the most fun I remember having would be...maybe...I don't even know. I'm not very fun.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I will read up on it a lot to try and get a basic idea of how to do it, then just go straight in and start doing it hands on. I taught myself piano this way. I guess I'm a combination of hands on, theorization and memorization, but in the end hands on helps me the most.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I think I'm very organized with my work and things that are important to me. I need to know that when I get to work/school, everything will be where I need it to be. My room however, would make someone think otherwise.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I don't accept a new idea until I can look to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense. If it doesn't make sense logically, then I won't really pay attention to whoever's saying it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I find harmony by making sure everyone is fine, but I don't want to belong to a given group. I prefer to be able to kind of go from group to group comfortably, rather than belong to one specifically.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think a lot before speaking. I prefer one-on-one communication. In groups I tend to be really quiet, then pop in with a comment if something interests me, then be quiet again.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I am jumping before I jump. I don't think for very long, but I consider what could go wrong, what people will think, and other things before I take any action. No, they both speak for themselves pretty equally.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
If it's a group of friends, I'd probably find some excuse to stay home and watch the show. If it's just the one friend and I'm not too drained from the day, I'll go out.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I'm really sarcastic, rude, prone to freaking out about the smallest things.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People who are rude in public and have no manners, people who are boring, people who don't know how to carry a conversation, people who don't appreciate the efforts I put into a friendship, people who have no regards for other people's lives. I can usually find something to dislike in everyone.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like talking about things that interest me. I prefer when someone has something they want to talk about and I can just listen and give my input every once in a while.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I guess how clean my bedroom is? I pay a lot of attention to small details in most aspects of my life, but cleaning tends to take a back seat to other things because I'm always running in and out and usually only have time to throw things down before I'm back out the door. I don't know if this was the answer that the question meant, but that's all I could think of.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My friends think of me as mean, driven, successful, judgmental, funny, sarcastic, a good-listener, that I always put others before myself, and their running joke is that I have no feelings. They're pretty much right, except that I do have feelings, I just don't let them get in the way. And even though they all think I'm so mean, I'm actually very nice and really quick to give out compliments. My friends would never say that I'm nice, over-emotional...basically the opposite of whatever I put for how they perceive me.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I'll probably read for a while, practice piano, work on music, call up a friend or two, go for a walk. Maybe head down to the beach. I don't really like days off so I'll probably find a way to get some work done. Not really sure about this one.

I hope I filled this out well enough!

·
Banned
891 Posts
@mpobrien

I'm not sure this questionnaire works as well for MBTI as it does for Enneagram. You might like the following site:Keys 2 Cognition

This website has a pretty good MBTI test, and explains cognitive functions well. My understanding is that cognitive functions are a good way of determining MBTI type, but I am no expert on this.

Have you asked this question in the Myers-Briggs forum? Many of the posters there are knowledgeable about this system of typology.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@mpobrien

I'm not sure this questionnaire works as well for MBTI as it does for Enneagram. You might like the following site:Keys 2 Cognition

This website has a pretty good MBTI test, and explains cognitive functions well. My understanding is that cognitive functions are a good way of determining MBTI type, but I am no expert on this.

Have you asked this question in the Myers-Briggs forum? Many of the posters there are knowledgeable about this system of typology.
I thought MBTI was Myers-Briggs...? I felt the same way about this questionnaire. I don't really care about finding my type, I just figured I might as well fill this out, although the questions were odd and I didn't really see how it could help at all haha.

Thank you for the website! I get a different type every time I take a test, but it's worth a shot! Thanks again.

·
Banned
891 Posts
I thought MBTI was Myers-Briggs...? I felt the same way about this questionnaire. I don't really care about finding my type, I just figured I might as well fill this out, although the questions were odd and I didn't really see how it could help at all haha.

Thank you for the website! I get a different type every time I take a test, but it's worth a shot! Thanks again.
MBTI is Myers Briggs.

I think another helpful place to visit is the Cognitive Functions forum. I posted there when I was questioning my MBTI type. In my case, I almost always test out ISTJ (because I am one), but I wanted to know why I was getting that result. Learning what my dominant and inferior functions were helped to explain my result.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I vote ISTJ. But I'm not 100% sure of this.

You talk about paying attention to details which suggests sensing to me.

And you sound like an introvert because you say you prefer one to one, you only speak when you have something worth speaking and you are a good listener.

Sorry I can't be more help. Have you read about the functions? Reading about the functions might help you, it really helped me:

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/

(If you don't know ISTJ functions are: Si, Te, Fi, Ne)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took the quiz that @LittleB81 sent me and I also got ISTJ, which has been the primary type I've been typing as on every test I take. My primary function was Si, followed by Te, Fi and Ne. I also read through the "You doubt you're an ISTJ when" thread and I could relate to pretty much every single post there. I think I can conclude I'm an ISTJ then!

I read through that website, @umbrellasky, and it really did clear things up for me. Thank you for your input!

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
You're welcome @mpobrien I went through this a while ago, a test originally told me that I was INFJ, but after hanging out with INFJs on this forum I started to doubt and ended up considering ISFP and INFP and I thought I was ENFP for a while. In the end I decided INFP is me because it is the type that fitted me the best and the type I kept coming back to. So don't worry if you still find yourself doubting in the future, chances are you'll still end up coming back to ISTJ.

:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have to agree with umbrellasky, I'm pretty sure you're a ISTJ but I'm between that and a INTJ though I'm leaning more towards ISTJ. As the previous member said, you pay a lot of attention to details over the big picture while you enjoy spending time more time in an one-on-one situation.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Fingers crossed for ISTJ. We need more of them around these parts ;) Sorry i couldn't be of more help.

Reactions: Steel Magnolia

·
Registered
680 Posts
I see Si and Fe and introversion so..
ISFJ

your answers were too people centred to be a T

I want to be laying in my deathbed and think "Wow, I had a great run."
Reflective Si

I played Edna, and I had one show when someone said that I was "on fire" that night. It made me feel really good about myself, and I felt like it was the best show I'd ever done. I would have to say that the compliment made me feel that way.
Fe. reliant on other people's compliments.

I think about what people will think when I make a decision. In the end, my decision tends to be whatever I think people will think the most positively of, even if it's not necessarily the decision I wanted originally.
more Fe

Any memory I have of having fun is always tainted by the memory of how much I had to put off to take time to have fun. I guess the most fun I remember having would be...maybe...I don't even know. I'm not very fun.
Very clear emphasis on memory - Si.
In fact, the whole post has been centred around memories.

I will read up on it a lot to try and get a basic idea of how to do it, then just go straight in and start doing it hands on.
Si learns from experience.

I find harmony by making sure everyone is fine,
more Fe. but since he does have a sense of self, its more likely auxiliary than dominant like his Si.

People who are rude in public and have no manners, people who are boring, people who don't know how to carry a conversation, people who don't appreciate the efforts I put into a friendship, people who have no regards for other people's lives. I can usually find something to dislike in everyone.
Fe attacking Fi.

judgmental
Si.

And even though they all think I'm so mean, I'm actually very nice and really quick to give out compliments.
Fe. Fi users would be in control of how they project themselves towards people. Fi users are much more fake.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts