Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've been into MBTI for quite some time, but never really got into Enneagram. And despite taking some enneagram tests here and there, it's still pretty foreign to me. I'd love to hear your thoughts on what type I am, my tritype, really any kind of relevant info you might have based on my answers to this questionnaire. I'm a bit bored and have never really done this before, so I thought I'd give it a go. I have a pretty good idea on my type, but then again, it's based on limited knowledge. Thanks for taking the time to read this, if you choose to do so. :)

Prerequisites

What age range are you in? I'm 24.

Any disorders or conditions we should know about? Some kind of social anxiety.

Main Questions

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.
I guess it's mostly about finding out who I can become. Where will my life lead? What decisions will I make, and what kind of personal growth will I go through to better myself? The things I want include a fulfilling love life/partnership, a career that I'm happy with and that keeps me learning and improving, and in general just experiencing what the world has to offer. I want to increase my understanding about the world and other people. I want to feel perfect connection to another person.

2. What were you like as a kid?
I was quiet, shy, really academic. I liked learning and school. I was really agreeable and kind to basically everyone. I was an easy child for my parents to deal with. I didn't make much of a fuss, and I tried to be someone they'd be proud of. I tried to keep the peace. I liked arts and crafts, movies, books, hanging out with friends. I've heard the "wise for your age" thing quite a bit. I was childlike and dreamy while still having a mature/adult "voice" at the same time.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?
They treated me mostly like I was an individual, even verging on an equal, which I really appreciated. They respected the things I had to say, and even took my opinions and explanations seriously and into account. They wanted me to make my own choices and be independent (though they were at the same time very overprotective). I was an only child. My parents would fight quite a bit, though, and I would often try to mediate. Either that, or ignore it and be in my room.. I wouldn't call us "friends" exactly, but we had a comfortable relationship. I still wouldn't tell them everything, though, so I wouldn't call us "close".

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?
The Golden Rule comes to mind. But extending that further, treating people how you think they would want to be treated. Doing the best thing you can for each person. Just having consideration for others and trying to understand them. Not doing anything to hurt someone else, whether it be from words or actions.

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?
I don't recall anything.

6. a.) How do you see yourself?
I don't know. Probably how I described myself as a child still applies. I guess I see myself as kind, smart, loving, helpful, peaceful, serious yet silly, advising. I do kind of worry I have problems doing practical, real world stuff. It's not that I'm lazy, but I really don't initiate things or have much practical knowledge. I still get stuff done, but I'm slow and awkward with it. And it's not that I'm unorganized, either, because I actually tend to have things together. And it's not apathy. I'm not quite sure what it is.
b.) How do you want others to see you?
I want people to notice the good qualities I listed above, and not notice the bad one I listed. lol I want people to see me as competent and knowledgeable. I worry about seeming stupid. I also hope people see me as being more confident with myself than I actually feel inside.
c.) What do you dislike the most in other people?
Selfishness, not considering other people. Thinking only about themselves, thinking they're better than others, intolerance. And of course, purposely hurting others.

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others. = 3
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you = 1
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else. = 2

8. Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this?
Anywhere? haha I'm not sure. I guess I think of conversations with other people, anticipations of the future, analyzing things I see. Some of that is due to negative stuff (anxiety), but it's also a positive thing most of the time. I like to understand what I'm experiencing and try to plan for what I'll be experiencing in the near future.

9.What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I guess knowing I've accomplished something for myself that will in turn impact someone else positively. I think it's why I want to get into a psychology or education related career. It involves personal growth/accomplishment as well as making a difference in the lives of other people. I feel my worst when... hm. I feel like I'm stupid or can't really do anything? Like, worried that I won't accomplish anything. Or worried that people might think negatively about me in some way. I don't like it when I block out the world or other people.

Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
a.) anger
Interestingly, 95% of the time it has nothing to do with other people. haha Anger for me comes from stupid stuff I have no control over. I try to make something happen/work, but it doesn't work. Or, something happens unexpectedly and it's frustrating. Things like that.
b.) shame
I don't know.
c.) anxiety
Worrying how I'll come across to other people, if they'll like me. Whether I'll do something correctly/competently or not.

Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress
"Why won't this work?!?!" Then, freak out. Usually followed by inaction. But it depends on the type of stress. The positive kind makes me try/work harder and can even energize me. If it's stress about an event coming up, I'll lie awake at night wondering how it'll go. It's frustrating that I can't do anything about it right now to make it better. It's just a bunch of waiting...
b.) negative unexpected change
Maybe complain about it a little bit, but generally just go along with it... I mean, do I have another choice?
c.) conflict
Tune out, especially if there's nothing I can really say/do to make it better.

a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?
Advisor, planner, sometimes leader if nobody else is stepping up. I like to come up with an idea to pursue, and try to get everyone to use their strengths to help reach it. I usually put in the majority of the work to make sure it gets done. If it's not work-related, I'm just kind of the helpful, caring friend/relative who wants to make your life happy and easy. I'll listen to you and give advice if you want it. I want everyone to be comfortable and feel important. I sometimes like to act weird and silly to make people laugh.
b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?
I'll do things and make decisions that I think will result in something positive. Usually that means an accomplishment of some sort and helping other people. I want the input of some other people to make sure I have considered the interests of everyone involved. Some ideas I might not abandon, though. If I think something is worthwhile, I'll want to see it through, even if maybe not everyone else thinks it's important.
c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?
Generally, no. Not unless it's excessive and I view it as damaging.

What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
That I can usually see myself in them, even so slightly. I can always find something that connects us together somehow, and I can develop empathy for them easily.

Comment on your relationship with trust.
I trust easily, though I'm still cautious. Just because I give you the benefit of the doubt and think you're a good person, I might not take that leap of faith. Just because I think you have good intentions, it doesn't mean I'll do something you want me to do. And it doesn't mean I'll open up to you. But me being closed off doesn't mean I don't think you're trustworthy.

15. Briefly: What religious and/or political beliefs do you have? Do you think they influenced your responses in this questionnaire?
I'm an atheist/agnostic. And I'm actually pretty moderate, but I would definitely call myself liberal over conservative. And I'm not sure if they did or not...

Optional Question (due to personal nature)

Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
I'm not going to do this one, unless someone specifically requests it and feels it's necessary to type me.

Extra Questions

Which of the following temptations do you find yourself acting upon the most? (And briefly state why)

- To constantly push yourself to be “the best”
- To be without needs, well-intentioned
- To replace direct experience with concepts
- To have an extreme sense of personal moral obligation
- To think that fulfillment is somewhere else
- To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance
- To overuse imagination in searching for yourself
- To avoid conflicts and asserting yourself
- To consider yourself entirely self-sufficient

Man, I am not sure... 1, 2, 3, and 8 are the closest..

What's something you are: a.) thankful you have b.) wish you could have? Why?
a) Someone I know really well and whom I feel very connected to mentally/emotionally. Because it's nice knowing someone else can experience the world with me, and understand it in a very similar way.
b) Hm..confidence, ease in social situations. Because I sometimes lack this, and it's a pretty important thing...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Quang

I got The Tinker (9w1) SX/SO

9w1, 2w1, 5w4

The description seems pretty consistent with what I've written here. I think your test made this easier to understand, and pretty fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts