Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a thread that talks about INFPs feeling like children in adult bodies. This has made me wonder if being a kindergarten teacher would be ideal for many of us.
I think I would genuinely enjoy playing with these little kids who haven't yet been "programmed" in one way or another.
Societal norms have me resisting the idea, especially because I'm a male (I think of all the flack Michael Jackson received---who knows? maybe he innocently loved being with kids???) but I wonder if this would be an ideal job?

As far as feeling "strange" as a "grown up" man enjoying little kids company, I found a way around this. There are countless kindergartens in other countries practically begging English-speaking foreigners to go teach. There's less of a taboo for guys to play (and even do things like embrace) with kids. Not only that, but in places like China, you can make a much better wage than the Chinese themselves, and live a comparatively wealthier lifestyle than back home.

Any kindergarten teachers out there?

·
Banned
1,833 Posts
That might be ideal for some INFPs, I'd personally find a job like that to be pretty nightmarish, though I only really like being around people that I can have an interesting conversation with so kids aren't my forte. @Erutpar if you're interested in teaching abroad, I have a friend who taught in China through a company called Footprints and he liked it a lot. I think wages vary vastly from place to place though, he wasn't exactly rolling in the dough but he wasn't starving either.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I know in my country (Australia) they are crying out for male teachers. I don't think you would have a problem finding a job. It wouldn't surprise if other countries are the same.

Screw societal expectations. If it's truly what you want to do then you should do it.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
No, I hate kids. I'm past my teen year and into adulthood and I've fully confirmed I don't want to have kids of my own nor take care of other peoples kids.

Reactions: Erutpar

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know in my country (Australia) they are crying out for male teachers. I don't think you would have a problem finding a job. It wouldn't surprise if other countries are the same.

Screw societal expectations. If it's truly what you want to do then you should do it.
Shit. I was just there on a working holiday and I couldn't find work so I left after 2 months. I was applying to the wrong jobs. Hmm. I think my visa is still valid until December...

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I hate kids. I'm past my teen year and into adulthood and I've fully confirmed I don't want to have kids of my own nor take care of other peoples kids.
I hate kids too. But I'm not sure if I really hate them... know what I'm sayin' ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts