Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, fellow INFPs (and others who decide to pop in)! I wish to call upon your vast creative abilities for a new kitten I have acquired.

Right, back to normal speech. Back on Friday, we noticed that there was a very young/small kitten living in our backyard. You can guess what I wanted to do, right?. I was the one saying, "Come on, we have to keep it! It's so small and hungry and defenseless!" My parents eventually caved before promptly giving me the speech about pets and bills and diseases and feeding and... etc.

We caught the kitten. So far, she is amazing! She hasn't fought us much at all. She's not shy, but vocal and willing to let me pet her. Very smart, too. Nervous, which is to be expected. I am in love already. Here's a picture! (PerC decided I can't attach a file for now, so a link will have to do.)

But I can't think of names :unsure: I'm utterly horrible with names. I'd like something pretty, with meaning. Not something common... Maybe a foreign name, whether it be from a different culture (Asian, African, South American, etc) or a word in another language.

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
417 Posts
This will kind of match her color
Cappucino
This will match her attitude
Audacity (Or, for short, Audrey)
These are 2 names that I came up with:
Bravura and Sensatona
New life and chance is brought to this person by Jesus:
A nice one would be Lazarus, a cute nickname is "Laza"
I got this one off of cuteoverload.com, it's a commonly used abbreviation,
Tocks (Buttocks)
And, a beautiful word:
Amaurosis, but it means "blind". It might go with he rbecause she's white, and blanco=blank...

If you need inspiration, visit here: nameberry.com :D Good luck!

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I was hoping to name one of my daughters (in the future) Melody.

So who knows if you want to use that for a cat, but I'll throw it out there. :cool:

Reactions: Paradigm

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
OMG SHE IS BEAUTIFUL
(/Sorry. I love kittens.)

I love the idea of a word in another language. I just can't think of any. And I don't know you well enough to suggest any names that might have significant meaning to you. (Ex: I named my cat Dinah, like Alice's cat from the Lewis Carroll books.) ... Any characters from films or books you can think of that had pets, haha?

I suggest Lenka, but my only reason is that I am listening to "Trouble is a Friend" by Lenka right now.

·
Registered
224 Posts
She's so cute!!

Okay, my former roommate got a polydactyl kitten and we named her Kitten. It fit her perfectly; she never grew out of kittenhood. :) Sometimes we called her Kitanya for fun. :p Not so creative for you, but I hope she stays cute!

How about Freyja? Disa? Or, Baileys is a common Swedish name, and it fits her color. How about that? :p Or you could call her Findus cos you found her. Also: Katya, Pippi, Maja, Tilda, Sabina, Tetris? Those are some other Swedish names I like.

Personally, I've always wanted to name a cat Thi Thi (Cici) because of Antonia from MadTV. :D

·
Registered
509 Posts
Mialrin Aluriur :3 Pulled that out of my head. XD I doubt it'd work though

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hee, nearly everyone I've shown her to has instantly gone "AWWW!" over her. Can't say I blame them. Yeah, I definitely have new parent syndrome... The proud, showing-off thing.

Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions! You have helped, really. Not all of them quite fit, per se. I'm one of those annoying types of people who needs a name to fit just right. I have gotten complaints about my pickiness from others, so I apologize to you all. (Also sorry for not replying to everyone, but ten quotes is a lot in one post... :blushed:)

I love the idea of a word in another language. I just can't think of any. And I don't know you well enough to suggest any names that might have significant meaning to you. (Ex: I named my cat Dinah, like Alice's cat from the Lewis Carroll books.) ... Any characters from films or books you can think of that had pets, haha?

I suggest Lenka, but my only reason is that I am listening to "Trouble is a Friend" by Lenka right now.
Lenka is a good singer! I'm not really fond of naming after people/books/music, since I'm easily reminded of other things. As for not knowing me (which I wouldn't mind), it's not really what's important to me I'm looking for, but what fits her.

Turns out, she's very cuddley (^_^) and likes to escape things (-_-). I had to drag her out from under my dresser already. She jumped out of a 2.5-foot-high cardboard box.

How about Freyja? Disa? Or, Baileys is a common Swedish name, and it fits her color. How about that? :p Or you could call her Findus cos you found her. Also: Katya, Pippi, Maja, Tilda, Sabina, Tetris? Those are some other Swedish names I like.

Personally, I've always wanted to name a cat Thi Thi (Cici) because of Antonia from MadTV. :D
Freya is a character of mine in a story! ...Who is a borderline sociopath... Otherwise I'd totally use that. I like Disa and Katya!

I went and looked up Aiko and found Akemi, which would fit her well...

This will match her attitude
Audacity (Or, for short, Audrey)
New life and chance is brought to this person by Jesus:
A nice one would be Lazarus, a cute nickname is "Laza"
First: cuteoverload.com is a brilliant site. Second, I like Audacity (maybe Audi for short) and Laza. The latter would be a little strange for me, since I'm not very religious. But the theme is fitting :happy:

The site Calvaire posted gave me an idea, too! Mahalia, or Hali for short. In Finnish, hali is the word for "cuddle." Or, at least, that's what my Finnish friend said a couple years ago :tongue: Another friend suggested Taya, which is also pretty.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Gaaa, that kitten is so cute. Write a whole bunch of names on large cards and set them out in your living room or an open space, leave her in the room and come back when she is (hopefully) asleep, and see which one she has curled up on :)

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Every cat we've ever had has been a stray. You should see my mum (esfj) and dad (istp) fight to the death every time my mum picks up a new animal.

*mum comes home with new animal*

dad: wtf!?!? *sits in corner angrily* we cannot take care of another animal!

mum: but it'll die otherwise

[2 hours later after much huffing and puffing]

*dad has fallen in love with the animal and is playing with it*

More to the point - What about Ophelia? (from Pans labyrinth), Artemis? Lina? mrs whiskers?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
How about, 'Nuvujak,' it means cloud in inuktitut!

Reactions: Paradigm
1 - 20 of 24 Posts