Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any new developments on this? From the quotes he has on IMBb, and he's all over the place. Some of them seem almost Si, but then there's one where it's all Se:

(1996) I am like Thomas Jefferson or Benjamin Franklin. I love life. I have a comic outlook, I laugh at myself harder than at anybody else. I get extremely vociferous about things I don't believe in, but I'm in the moment. Benjamin Franklin loved life, he wasn't a negative person. And I do sense that I'm being more perceived like that now.
Then there's this that I can't pin down at all:

(1996, on being part of the Hollywood community) At times I take great pride in it. But most of the time I'm completely ashamed of it, especially on the night of the Academy Awards. It's the one night of the year where I just want to crawl in a hole and hide. It's a bit like standing shoulder-to-shoulder with assholes. Mike Nichols and I were talking about politics once and he said, "The thing is, you can't stand shoulder-to-shoulder with assholes." And he's right. I can't. What's interesting about Oscar night is it's a joke-it's about how bad everything is. Everybody knows that that's the night to applaud Hollywood in all its horror. And yet...There's no other business that can create such enjoyment of life as this business. I love being part of that. Actors have changed my life at times. When people get to know me, I can't tell you how many times they come up to me and say, "You're nothing like what I've read about." I think people feel me more than they hear me. I've read interviews I've done and it's exactly what I've said but it's not what I was saying. I have an acerbic, sardonic sense of humor. I'm being facetious 90 percent of the time, but then 10 percent of the time I'm not. So unless I was to qualify everything I say, I'm not going to be understood.
And this, which almost seems Si PoLR, which would make him either INTJ or INFJ:

[on The Expendables (2010)] I mean, I'm glad Sly's done well with this. He's a great person. The fellas all seem to have a good time. I've never seen any of them. It's not a beat I get. It's like looking backwards to me.
Any opinions?

Just saw Tango & Cash too...

Reactions: stardustangel

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can't stop laughing

Reactions: stardustangel

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can't stop laughing
I'm tearing up!

Goldie: Is that a proposal?

Kurt's face: O_O *abort mission* *looks for the nearest exit sign*

He clearly has Fi. Possibly Fi dom or Fi aux.

Now I'm curious to Goldie's type. She's always struck me as some sort of ExxP.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm tearing up!

Goldie: Is that a proposal?

Kurt's face: O_O *abort mission* *looks for the nearest exit sign*

He clearly has Fi. Possibly Fi dom or Fi aux.

Now I'm curious to Goldie's type. She's always struck me as some sort of ExxP.
Goldie is the ESFP poster girl, apparently, though, I haven't typed her for myself, but apparently, she tops the celebrity ESFP lists most times. I wouldn't put it past two ESFPs to be together. I've also seen people say ESTP, but I haven't seen enough of him (hint hint, pun intended :laughing:)

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone is curious to delve more into him, here's a rather extensive article interview with him:

Kurt Russell Will Never Go Out Of Style | GQ

I'm pretty damn certain about being Se dominant
"What's great about Goldie, she's a very immediate person," he says. "And I'm pretty immediate too. I'm pretty 'right now this is what's happening'.
However, I'm not quite certain with his judging function. Some of it isn't obvious to me, some things he says seem sort of Fi-ish to me, but going on his public performances, and how he reacts to the audience to give them what they want, and referring to doing interviews that don't hit the right spot, I would say he has Ti-Fe rather than Fi-Te.

Still going with ESTP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts