Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an enormous fan of Mr. MacLachlan and his work, and was trying, ultimately, to figure out just what his MBTI is, or, at least, what it seems to be.

Because of his involvement with Lynch films, in which Lynch often cast him in roles intended to mirror Lynch himself, he would certainly appear to be an INFJ. With that said, though, he doesn't 'quite' seem like that in interviews that I've seen.

I will say that he's definitely a xNFx, but that may not even be correct.

Based on this interview, I'd definitely say INFx - so perhaps he could be an INFJ - but I could also see INFP because of his manner of speaking and face / body language. Definitely watching his eyes, I'm thinking INFx, straight-up.

I also wonder, if possibly I'm just projecting (because I enjoy him and am empathizing whilst watching interviews and such, identifying with some of his mannerisms) by thinking he may be an INFP? I mean, he seems very intelligent, but seems to have trouble finding the words he wants to say, holding eye contact (because he's off with that Ne!) and things like that.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Yeah I'd say he could be INFP according to the interview, I can see what you mean. He also has a website, you might enjoy looking at that as well, it's hisname.com

I found his wine company site from his site as well Pursued by Bear 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon pretty funny

·
Registered
4 Posts
From watching Kyle on his insta posts I'd guess at ENFJ. He has that puppyish, positive bounciness and slight quirkiness I associate with ENFJs, very charitable, very social, always organising philanthropy and communicating a lot with fans. I know lynch is usually typed INFJ but The Art Life documentary really suggested a bull headed ISTP to me with developed tertiary Ni through meditation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts