Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do ISFP's lack confidence? Do you think that plays into their passive aggressiveness/ Passiveness?

·
Registered
751 Posts
I lack confidence in new situations mostly. If I'm going or doing something familiar, I don't feel unconfident at all. Because I realize this, I try to put myself into new situations when I can.

I don't think there's a relationship between lack of confidence and passiveness. As ISFPs, most of us hate conflict and therefore we act passive (to an extent) to try and circumvent it. At the same time, however, this doesn't mean that we'll willingly lay down and accept something that threatens our values.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I lack confidence in new situations mostly. If I'm going or doing something familiar, I don't feel unconfident at all. Because I realize this, I try to put myself into new situations when I can.

I don't think there's a relationship between lack of confidence and passiveness. As ISFPs, most of us hate conflict and therefore we act passive (to an extent) to try and circumvent it. At the same time, however, this doesn't mean that we'll willingly lay down and accept something that threatens our values.
How do you define your values?

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'd define values as something important to me, but in this context what I meant is if someone is trying to get me to do something I find unreasonable or simply don't want to do then I won't do it just for the sake of preventing conflict.

As an example, maybe someone repeatedly asking me to copy my work, drive them somewhere and pick them up at a later time (depends on the person and circumstances), or trying to force me into a social situation that I'd find myself uncomfortable in. I should maybe also mention that the more someone tries to force me to do or be something the more I'll rebel against it and do the opposite. That's probably one of my main flaws.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd define values as something important to me, but in this context what I meant is if someone is trying to get me to do something I find unreasonable or simply don't want to do then I won't do it just for the sake of preventing conflict.

As an example, maybe someone repeatedly asking me to copy my work, drive them somewhere and pick them up at a later time (depends on the person and circumstances), or trying to force me into a social situation that I'd find myself uncomfortable in. I should maybe also mention that the more someone tries to force me to do or be something the more I'll rebel against it and do the opposite. That's probably one of my main flaws.
The rebelling thing seems to be a common theme among the SF's.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I can't speak for the other ISFPs but I certainly do lack a lot of confidence.

Pertaining to the posts about rebelling, I've heard that our type are quite the rebels.

·
Registered
560 Posts
My ISFP friend is confident while doing hands on work, but she gets nervous in-front of people, whenever she's in an argument with someone close to her and when she is being praised.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My ISFP friend is confident while doing hands on work, but she gets nervous in-front of people, whenever she's in an argument with someone close to her and when she is being praised.
Yeah, I think it's Hilarious. Whenever fights break out they slowly disappear.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Not really, but I don't have enough confidence to stand infront of a crowd and speak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts