Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so Lately, ive been getting into alot of trouble and alot of relationships that i want to flourish or start have not because im too afraid of taking the risk of trusting in my Ni.

not only that, my Ni, needs patterns to make a judgement, when i see a pattern let me use an example of this one dude,

so we chat, we text, i set some bait, i see his reaction, i add it to my database, i start to see a pattern. hmm this one might like me, and he is willing to continue chatting, then i dont get a response, and that ruins the pattern i saw, so i dont take the risk, whats the point if theres nothing there?

another thing, i dont tend to invite certain people because i would assume (based on their behavior) that they would not be interested in going, then they see pics of me on facebook and they start to get a lil butt hurt,

so because of this, i dont like to trust in my Ni, sometimes, the signs will be there, with 100% confidence, but i would be to afraid of taking the risk and following through,

how do i go about excercising my intuition in better using it and focusing more on what is actually there instead of what i want to see.
im not the type to ask someone striaght up if they like me or would they want to go out or something, i wait to see the signs first, and usually even then its more of just going out as friends...

i feel like im just blabbing now.. boooo

·
Registered
73 Posts
Truthfully.. i really don't fully understand the Ni yet.. because i just started this..

But.. i think with your assuming.. you are jumping to conclusions? i do this all the time..
maybe even kinda question yourself.. is this what i'm wanting to see..
Also.. i do the exact same thing as you.. so sometimes you just gotta go for it.. and if you wanna hang with someone .. just kinda hint towards it.. and even if they dont seem like they want too.. they might end up having a great time!! and good friendship could start..

For relationships.. if the person is worth it.. being friends at first is probably the best.. cause then you can hang out without having your realationship baised on love.. but actually friendship and loyalty..

I gave the best advice as i could.. sorry if it didn't help..
but remember.. you have to have trust with yourself! maybe you are observing to much? or assuming? go with the flow once in awhile?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually you gave good advice, and i think ill follow it, yes, i jump to conclusions alot, most of the time, im right on the money, but lately, its been off, or not off, ive just for some reason lost my trust in it.. i dont know why. before i had confidence in my assuming, now theres doubt lol

but yeah funtimes,i think ill stick with starting off as friends, being an NF is kinda fun in that i can control my emotions to a degree! so i think ill start off with friends and see where that goes.

and while im starting off as friends I can always hit up all my booty calls that ive ignored hahahaha XD

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I thought Ni was a function of seeing your opportunities, seeing your possibilities. Extraverted feeling is how you pick up on what someone else is feeling. Confused. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
exactly. so i guess im hating on my Ni and Fe, making me see possiblities that i want to happen but im unsure of! before i had confidence in those possibilities so i was more gunhoe about going after them, but now, i dont know.

but ive come to a conclusion and i feel confident with it, last night my ni was going crazy. XD and it didnt let me down when i took a risk. so yes! im somewhat back.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Hmm... I can relate a little bit. Maybe you set some small wiinable/ attainable goals. Those small wins get the confidence back. As an example when my gf broke up I was crushed. I ended up going on a couple no pressure dates and it really my confidence. That fellowship helped! Now.. I am closer back to the ol'jojo.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bet everyone goes through that i'm perrrty sure? :)

Hehe the goal thing is a great idea.. and truthfully.. i don't have much of an idea on the iN and stuff :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts