Personality Cafe banner

Would you or others ever describe yourself as a "Tomboy"?

• ESTP

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • ENTP

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • ISTP

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • ISFP

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • ESTJ

• INTJ

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • INTP

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • ENFP

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • ENFJ

• ESFP

• INFP

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • ISTJ

• ESFJ

• INFJ

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 3 3.7%
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Would you or others ever describe you as a "Tomboy"? Now or in the past.

This may not be type related, or it may. Heheh, that's why I made a poll!!!

Fellars, weigh in on your thoughts too.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yes, in high school I was a Tomboy. I started to dress more feminine around 17-18 years old.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
No, but when I was a child I was a bit of a tomboy.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I was a real tomboy when I was a kid, and now I'd say that even though I'm looking way more feminine, I'm still a tomboy on the inside to some extent. My girly side and my tomboyish side are healthily cohabitating.

·
Rogue Jungian
1,393 Posts
Probably not. When I was younger I did a lot of playing in the dirt, digging up worms, mud pies, fishing, etc. I was likely a constant mess and fashion didn't exist. But that's just being a kid, right?

As an adult, I don't think I'm really hyper-feminine but certainly I'm in-tune with it and have a lot of what can be considered conventionally feminine qualities.

·
Registered
ISFP
480 Posts
I've never really been all that feminine, but I was never sporty either, so I don't know if I'd really describe myself as a "tomboy." Somewhere in the middle.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Mmm, I'm not sure if I would call myself a tomboy.

I had a lot of "unfeminine" qualities as a kid. Loud, rambunctious. I often played with the boys (not the girls) and sported a very short boy hair cut. BUT I way also very "girly". I like wearing dresses, but I was usually put in pants because my dresses were always grass-stained, my leggings always torn. I played Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers with the boys, but I was always "the girl" - April O'Neil or the Yellow Ranger etc.

I was pretty boy crazy, I had crushes on boys. But, my family always said I had a "masculine" energy. I was bossy and a risk-taker. I loved playing outside, swinging from trees, exploring train tracks and getting into trouble.

As I got older, I'd say I'm the same. I'm very "masculine" AND "feminine".

Could I be a tomboth?

·
Registered
ENTP
3,276 Posts
I don't know. When I was a kid I would play in the mud with the boys and then go play with barbies with the girls. As a teen I definitely dressed as a tomboy but that was because that was in style at the time, I didn't really act as a tomby though. Now that I'm 'grown up' I can be tomboy-ish in situtations like when I hang out with the guys drinking beers and talking about stuff guys talk. Lol. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle too.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I used to be more of a tomboy, these days... well, I suppose no one would really describe me as feminine either way x___x so yeah, tomboy.

Reactions: johnnyyukon

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
I'd rather use the word "androgynous" though for obvious reasons the 'masculine' traits/behavior draw more attention (and are often seen in negative light when seen in someone with such a girly face, which is another reason why I'm not fond of the word in question although I'm certainly one hell of a tomboy indeed)
My mom still cries over me not willing to wear skirts.

·
Warden-Commander
24,113 Posts
I'm very androgynous. I wear mostly black, usually hoodies, and either pants or a skirt. Nothing special, really.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know girls that can't stand girls, and they hang out with a lot of guys. Or are at a level where they can "hang with the bros." And not offended by a pack of wild guys when they get together.

Tomboy was just the best word I had, ha. But also "tough" or "ballbusting" or "not 'fraid to chop some wood" heheh.

BUT can still look great in a sundress or whatever.

Interesting comments. Poll's not going to be conclusive to say the least, as some types seem to barely exist on here, buuuuuuttt good input.

Reactions: Narcissus

·
Banned
2,715 Posts
Maybe. I was kind of a delinquent (I stole and... I still do), but my personality is anyone's guess at first glance; I'm just quiet. I wouldn't know how to describe myself other than solitary, like a spider.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yup, always have been, always will.

Reactions: johnnyyukon

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
No. My interests tended towards the creative or the intellectual, and it was not hard for me to find outlets in the typical feminine stuff offered me. I didnt like baby dolls or playing house, but I liked the complex worlds and characters I could create with Barbies. I wasnt delicate and liked climbing stuff and wrestling with other kids, but the commotion of most sports overwhelmed me, and I had a distaste for competition. I was shy and gentle with animals, but also loved to get into a debate and had a cool demeanor others deemed unfriendly. Ultimately, I was feminine, but more arty than prissy.

I was unaware of my appearance as a child or I preferred the avant garde if I had a choice, but I also loved refined, beautiful things and would make clothes for my barbies or draw fancy dresses. When I got older and became more aware of myself, then I began to apply my creativity to my appearance, and so I was pleased that women have more options.

I also embraced femininity as a way to reject any shame others would place on it, as if it was lesser or weaker than masculinity. When people would speak proudly of their girls who preferred boys' toys over girly stuff, Id find it demeaning that they considered so-called masculine interest superior. Few have pride over a male child liking girly things, because they consider that a degradation. I was aware of that when young and rejected it.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts