Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to my INFJ friend today and noticed that she seems to particularly have an intrest in manly men.
specifically men in the army or military, navy. I am going to throw in firefighter and maybe even police officers.

also has a thing for bad boys.

any other women the same?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
mhm, yeah. I would have to agree with her I guess. I might but When it comes down to it if they don't have the brains to keep up with me I'm not interested.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I actually won't date people in the military or in the police force.

I think with occupations where the man has to deal with people of very violent nature, they tend to become violent in nature too. Hence why I'm not attracted to men who have to deal with very social intense situations (or death) for my own well being. I just don't think I can handle the stress in that kind of a relationship.

However, in terms of physique. My ideal would be a health muscular/lean build, for sure.

Edit: However, I think the best looking uniformed men.. are the Marines. Their uniforms are smoking.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am attracted to men in uniform, yet I tend to be very suspicious of them right away because they may be very aggressive (yet anyone could be). However, I have an uncle who was in the navy that I would trust with my life and is a very good man.

I will also say that over the summer I had a class with a guy who was in the army for six years, and ended up liking him. However, due to what I stated previously about being suspicious...I didn't act on it.

Reactions: Lady Nurture

·
Registered
39 Posts
OMG yes. I didn't always and didn't understand others who did and used to think cops were bullies with badges. But it was mainly one in particular who rocked my world - he was both my teacher and a cop and challenged my views, was strict but fair, and was community service oriented and a hero. Since then I've seen those qualities in other cops, firemen, and military (air force particularly). But there's a downside also, I think they know they're hot and flirt, and because of the stress of the job (which I understand and appreciate) party hard and can be immature and irresponsible as well.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Those proffessions don't really interest me. :(

If I like a guy, I will think he's hot in stylish clothes.
If I don't like him, I won't really care what he's wearing.
If I don't know him, yeah I guess uniforms look pretty attractive.

·
Registered
543 Posts
omword, you have found me out!

I'm totally attracted to Uniforms, but it also depends on the person in it.
I almost had something with a Naval officer(ooh they look so swanky in their whites!) but thank goodness
for common sense, i couldn't date a married man..even though it is allowable in his religion to have multiple wives.

As for bad boys, count me out!...they irritate me...eek

·
Registered
801 Posts
Men in uniforms...military, police, fire fighters - HOT! I think it stems from the thought they are protectors. Typically clean cut, with a strong sense of duty and loyalty. Definately a weakness for me. The downside, their sense of duty first belongs to the orders/oaths they take in accordance to their position. There are other cons but just looking at a man in uniform makes me squishy and gushy inside!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I do like manly men but uniforms don't do anything for me. Personally I could never date a cop.

I don't know if actual bad boys are appealing but I do seem drawn to men who had a darker side they overcame. So maybe reformed bad boys.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Edit: However, I think the best looking uniformed men.. are the Marines. Their uniforms are smoking.
I was going to hijack the thread for a moment and mention about Marines in uniform.

When I was in the Marines whenever we wore our dress blues women would snap there necks around to get another look. Even if you was in a vehicle women would be like WOW and turn there heads.
Even though I can't say personally that I like men in uniform but I do know the ladies do.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Yes, there's just something about a man in a uniform. Perhaps it's because it symbolizes danger and heroic all at once?

Reactions: KrystRay

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
they look ... orderly? .. but that's about all the appeal for me
i've been more attracted to looks that ... individuate people ... make them stand out in the meaningful way somehow ... one day i know i'm going to fall for that INTJ or INTP guy who is in process of rebelling against the medico-military-industrial complex run by a corrupt government that wants to control people's lives & who dresses accordingly :crazy:

·
Registered
241 Posts
21st century uniforms no. captain wentworth, however, yes.

It's more the manliness tho, the leaders of the troops or the captains (like the one in das boot). i want to protect them, because I can see they're a lot more vulnerable than they have to act. i want to support them n back them to the hilt when their crew mutinies and their life's work is in shatters.

and they can protect me too.

we have emotional strength; they have physical strength.

uniforms per se tho, no; its about being a leader in difficult situations.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Yes men in uniforms look good, as Amanda32 said it "symbolizes danger and heroic all at once", this hits the nail on the head. But I must say I do prefer hot men to be nude, they look best that way. :tongue:
INFJGirlie - we are on a similar wavelength most of the time!
I was going to hijack the thread for a moment and mention about Marines in uniform.

When I was in the Marines whenever we wore our dress blues women would snap there necks around to get another look. Even if you was in a vehicle women would be like WOW and turn there heads.
Even though I can't say personally that I like men in uniform but I do know the ladies do.
Since, YOU myjazz, are BOLD enough to draw attention to yourself in this Thread of female admiration of men in uniform, how about you put yours on, and come by later
- so that I can take it off?
:p

I bet you'll be checking your calender and now tracking my moon cycle moods! hahaha

but seriously I won't say my opinion on this subject, I haven't really thought about it - and I just plain say too much in here lately.

Reactions: amanda32

·
Registered
4,300 Posts

Since, YOU myjazz, are BOLD enough to draw attention to yourself in this Thread of female admiration of men in uniform, how about you put yours on, and come by later
Seconded. :laughing:

- and I just plain say too much in here lately.
Nonsense! Say more!!

Reactions: Female INFJ

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Seconded. :laughing:
Nonsense! Say more!!
You are invited too, amanda32, myjazz thinks you are cute. It is nice to see you laughing again. We could invite ourselves to his place. myjazz is actually i suspect a true loving person, spiritually inclined, and he actually enjoys cooking too! Ah, we'll just make him work in the garden, while we watch and sip lemonade, or what is that in the South, Sweet Tea?

Reactions: amanda32

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
You are invited too, amanda32, myjazz thinks you are cute. It is nice to see you laughing again. We could invite ourselves to his place. myjazz is actually i suspect a true loving person, spiritually inclined, and he actually enjoys cooking too! Ah, we'll just make him work in the garden, while we watch and sip lemonade, or what is that in the South, Sweet Tea?
LMAO (at the bolded line) -- I'm sooo seeing that. hehe.

MyJazz is a total sweetie!! He thinks I'm cute? *blushes and kicks dirt*

Part of the reason I'm in such a good mood is that a friend of mine showed me this video clip: maybe it'll make you smile too:

Reactions: Ethanol

·
Registered
640 Posts

I bet you'll be checking your calender and now tracking my moon cycle moods! hahaha

but seriously I won't say my opinion on this subject, I haven't really thought about it - and I just plain say too much in here lately.
Someone has gone over the INFJ cliff of love! LOL :crazy:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Back many years ago I was in uniform.

Sorry ladies - I'm taken by that lovely young girl with the jet black hair :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts