Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just read through the Ask a Bisexual thread started by @Falling Foxes and now I'm going to ask a question on a similar topic I've always been interested in.

I saw several questions like mine on reddit and there were a lot of mixed answers. Some women openly found the idea of a bi/pan guy hot or were lgbt themselves and wouldn't mind while others were a flat 'NO.'
Reasons were insecurities, stereotypes of the 'promiscuous' bi guy or they just preferred hyper masculine, hetero men.

So women, have at it. Would you and why?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Not a woman but in my experience, most women have no experience with that sort of thing and they usually find the idea perturbing.

Reactions: ninjahitsawall

·
Registered
Infp 6w5
2,793 Posts
If I were actually interested in dating? Sure why not.
Realistically, no.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
If I were actually interested in dating? Sure why not.
Realistically, no.
Your answer seems self-contradictory; please explain.

Reactions: ninjahitsawall

·
Registered
3,449 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Yes. I don't understand women who cite 'what if he cheats on you with a man?' as if the sex of the 3rd party is more damming than the act of cheating itself.

Pretty sure most of the guys I've dated were bicurious and afraid to admit it.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Oooh, can you please talk about this? What patterns and what happened with your relationship?
Sorry prefer not to talk about it :)

Also, for some reason the title says "date", but the content of the thread speaks of "hotness" and "attractive". Putting these things in the same category -as if you date someone just because you find them atractive- does not compute in my brain. I can find a man attractive sure (regardless of his sexual orientation), but dating is based on lifestyle, mental, emotional and sexual compatibilities, and life vision. There's a lot that goes into my decision to be in a relationship with someone.
So... attractiveness and dating have nothing to do with each other.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Reactions: lolalalah

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Sorry prefer not to talk about it :)

Also, for some reason the title says "date", but the content of the thread speaks of "hotness" and "attractive". Putting these things in the same category -as if you date someone just because you find them atractive- does not compute in my brain. I can find a bisexual man attractive sure, but dating is based on lifestyle, mental, emotional and sexual compatibilities, and life vision. There's a lot that goes into my decision to be in a relationship with someone.
So... attractiveness and dating have nothing to do with each other.
Why wouldn't you date someone you are attracted to?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
@lolalalah

That may also have to do with the fact that bisexuals are usually smarter and open-minded. Something that's very hot in itself. I'm way more attracted to bisexual men/women.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts

·
Registered
Infp 6w5
2,793 Posts
Your answer seems self-contradictory; please explain.
I'm asexual and still unsure whether or not I even want or need relationships. If I did decide I wanted relationships then I wouldn't mind dating a pansexual/bisexual, but I wouldn't want to have sex with them.

Such a relationship would probably be too complicated and thus realistically it wouldn't work out.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Why wouldn't you date someone you are attracted to?
Life vision, life goals, emotional compatibility, mental compatibility, sexual compatibility, finances, do they want children or not, do we want to live in the same country... should I go on?/rhetoric q. Literally the reasons are endless. I don't understand deciding to date someone cause they're hot.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts