Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, here are my weird sleep logs. I wanted to share them. I will maybe update them as i will sleep more in the upcoming months. I will probably mention it to a doctor... . I suffer most likely from delayed sleep phase disorder and maybe even non-24 hour sleep disorder among sighted people.

Q&A: Delayed sleep phase disorder
Q&A: Non-24 hour sleep-wake disorder

The graphs are not 100% accurate, but they should give you an idea of what my pattern was in the last 13 months. I haven't kept track of my sleep data in all those months. You'll see some larger gaps, those were the moments i thought: "get up and try to keep a normal schedule", but it's just stronger than myself, and if i don't keep track of it, i guess it's even more severe. I have issues with shopping when the stores are open, and being awake for early appointments with repair people and doctors, and also applying for work / working or a social life, and it doesn't help that i have asperger's as well (most likely), add or depression. The one disability enhances the other disability. Smaller gaps (1 or even 2 days) are often all-nighters or going out (you'll see that especially on fridays).

in one picture

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
oh wow thats fascinating....is it like your circadian clock is more than 24 hours? I read somewhere that most humans have a 25 hour circadian rhythm and I also read that this is one of the supporting reasons people provide when they want to argue that humans are not from earth but transplanted from some other planet
:laughing:

withholding comment on where humans come from lol but it's fun to read about conspiracy theories for sure. biologically this fascinates me. How long is your "day" ideally ...like what length day would make it feel more natural to sleep at the same time every day?

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My life is a mess.

I almost never eat candies (or some forms of meat as well). I just don't realize it, but i'm really an unhealthy eater, because I have no structure and I have no idea what I eat, or on some days, i won't even notice that i haven't eat at all. Like yesterday, i forgot to eat. I didn't make anything ready. I didn't ate. I also didn't ate crisps. I didn't ate cookies. And like i said, i never eat candies, so what did i eat? Apparently, nothing. And i went to bed at 6.15pm, woke up at 4am and i don't think that was very restorative sleep...

On friday, i did eat spaghetti. I'm not sure if i did eat something on thursday. On wednesday, i ate scampi's with tomatosauce and tagliatelle, and on monday (or tuesday), i ate macaroni, but that must have been all i've eaten last week. I never eat breakfast. I never eat twice a day. I don't care when I eat. Sometimes i eat in the middle of the night. On other days, in the middle of the noon, or in the early morning, late evening. I just eat when i want too.

This is going on since my teenager years, since i've never eat breakfast at high school or middle schoool or elementary school either. I just went to school. ... And if i ate breakfast, i often felt nauseated!!!

Since high school, i stopped eating during noon as well and i went to schools without eating in the morning and noon (or something) for several months, and at the end of the day, i ate bread, and the worst of it: YOU DON'T REALIZE you are doing something wrong. It's just seems all normal. The problem is i just don't like to eat in a room where everyone eats, and we were also able to leave school during noon, so i did leave school during noon.

I lost the feeling of being hungry i guess. I can feel extremely hungry, but that's when i didn't eat in days.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've decided to change my lifestyle. I'm going to try to change it abruptly.

As i currently am staying at my foster mom's, i won't start the challenge right now. As i think it will be too much to implement everything, and change everything. I won't take an actual SERIOUS effort to change my sleep patterns (since right now it's not priority.). I would like to receive a lot of support, since i will need it. I will keep everyone updated every day, about what i've done, what my weight is, what i did eat, if i did an exercise, what i did drink, what i did and when i slept. It will be interesting, since my lifestyle is highly unusual. (lol)

First horde: (start 8 dec 2017)
- Stop drinking coke
- Stop binge-eating
- Exercising again (arms, belly and legs)

Second horde: (aim: january 2017)
- Stop eating meat
- Adopt initially a vegetarian lifestyle (possibly becoming vegan)
- Trying new recipes, and URGE myself to buy new food, to make new recipes and just try to recover./

Possible later horde
- Change my sleep patterns, do a seriously effort (i've visited)
- Trying to make me mental healthier (i now that i need to be vegan to at least be satisfied with myself and win SELF CONFIDENCE and LIFE ENERGY back)
- Force myself to have more social contact, enter social groups
- Work / Studying...
- Enter a sport school maybe
- Possibly smoking weed again

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More about my eating problems

I think i'm going to try to stop with my binge eating problems. They started to develop when i didn't eat breakfast AND lunch in school, and i started to feel hungry at night, waking up, and eating things in the refrigerator, just like raw cheese or ham. Anything i could find!!! I also started to play on the computer in the middle of the night (while there was school the day afterwards)... Then my foster parents decided to lock the doors to downstairs when they did found out, lol... This happened until they decided that i had to live on my own, so i never could gain the trust back that i wouldn't eat things in the refrigerator at night... Since i didn't know how to cook stuff, i did resent a bit on fast food or easily prepared food. Over the years this is gone better. I'm highly restrictive on food, since i'm ashamed when i eat things i don't want to eat, and i have something in me that bans all kind of food to prepare or eat for myself. One of those things are candies. I did ban most kinds of meat. Things i don't like as well are coke and crisps, but i still drink and eat them, though i drastically decreased in eating crisps since i don't like them anymore. I still have the habit to go to the shop, and buy the actual foods i use for the meals i prepare, and my actual binge food. When i'm back for the shop, i just eat everything that i have for binge food (usually this is only 1-2 things), and i have some cookies that i save for later. I really don't like it, but it's like an urge. As a result, i usually eat much less in the day (on days i binge eat, i actually eat less than usual, since i don't prepare a meal anymore, since i'm not hungry). As a result, i only eat meals on four or five days in a week. The other days i eat binge food (including coke), or i just eat almost nothing (only surviving the day on a few cookies (since i don't tend to binge eat them). Food that i binge eat is often salmon or ham. I just eat everything immediately when i return from the shop. I should stop buying them...

I also don't want to drink coke anymore. It actually reduces my hunger, and it gives me energy, reducing my hunger stimulus. On days i drink a lot of coke, i probably won't eat much or at all. But i had felt heart palpitulations after drinking coke, so i'm planning to stop immediately with it. I feel so bad for drinking coke, like it's such a shame. I hate it. It's so unhealthy and so bad, and still i drink coke. I hate it. I had stopped with it for a period two or three years after it, when i also felt ashamed for drinking coke. I've been able to not drink coke for 8-9 months, but i've started to drink Red Bull (and that's even more bad), then i did start drinking red bull and coke, and then i decided to stop drinking red bull, and i'm now red bull free for a year almost.

When i go to the frietkot (a fastfood restaurant for belgian fries), i went three years ago, two or three times in the week. At my prime, i went two times to it, when i lived in a different city than the place i live now, and on monday, i did eat a third time with my friends. Over the years, this is being reduced to max. once a week. Now i even eat less than once a week. Sometimes i go every week, but in november, i only went twice to the frietkot (once in the beginning in the month, and two weeks ago on sunday).

The problem is that i'm also an emotional eater. When i'm obsessed with a certain kind of thing, i'm less likely to take the time to prepare a meal or eat. When i'm feeling down and depressed, i'm also likely to eat something, and when i'm low on energy, i'm more likely to overeat (and feel guilty for the unhealthiness those foods contain...). I also haven't been able to develop an alternative (vegetarian) lifestyle where i just have the discipline to prepare a meal every day (or even more) that is healthy. I'm really hesitant on trying new foods or preparing new meals (fear of failure, or just don't know them enough -> related to asperger's or autism spectrum disorder), and since i ban more & more food, and don't replace them, it probably is now even unhealthier than before (however i really need to stop binge eating and drinking coke). I'm afraid that i don't eat varied enough. I have a certain list of safe foods that i can use or feel comfortable with it, it's actually even lower than that (because of shame foods, or not being 100% comfortable with some "safe foods" either).

safe foods: broccoli, spinach, spaghetti, tagliatelle, macaroni, pesto, penne, rice, basmati rice, cheese, milk, pepper, salt, hot spices, bacon, eggs, ham, salmon, chicken filet, sausages, chipolata, cookies, crisps, curry sauce, fruit juice, tropical juice, coke, beer and and french fries with a snack in the frietkot), and of course our holy water

The coke, meat are shame foods. Cookies also a bit but not really a priority. I wouldn't ban it. Beer also, but i'm not addicted to beer (as opposed to coke)

I'm trying to expand this list, but it is really hard for me, to change habits and feel comfortable to prepare food with other things. The list is also a bit complicated. I have used more stuff, but i'm not comfortable with it, and this caused me to use it once. Also, there are certain kinds of meat in the list, but because of my shame / guilt feeling for eating meat, i've barely eaten meat in the last 9 months. I've eaten sausages once or twice max. I haven't eaten schnitzel in that period. I haven't eaten other meat i used to eat in that period (schnitzel, cordon blue and a different variation on chicken). I used to eat MUCH MORE MEAT in 2016 and even more meat in 2015. I wasn't planning on becoming vegan then, but it is gotten reduced to the point i rarely eat meat.

I've also made spaghetti bolognese but i'm not comfortable with making it too (this includes much more vegetables and minced meat), and i prepare it once every three months (and save it for the future).

I used to eat bread and hotdogs (with sandwich) too, but i also don't do this anymore, since i lied once in the bakery, and i'm now afraid to go. I don't go to the bakery, and i don't buy bread in the grocery shop for several reasons (unpractical to buy it, i have never something to eat with it (since i binge eat that), it's bad really quickly (hard) and i tend to overeat bread too.

All other kinds of food is stuff i haven't eaten in years (or months), except when i wasn't sporadically at home. I sometimes change food patterns (but it is often reducing, reducing and not replacing with something else), though i have been able to prepare more food by myself than previously. Now i almost always prepare the food i eat by myself (although not varied enough, because it are always pasta or rice recipes). I already banned a lot of unhealthy habits i've done years ago, but i still need much change. I did eat less unhealthy stuff, but I also eat less in general (and probably chronically underfed)

I never eat: beef, pie, ice, candies, food i don't know (lol, and that's a lot), potatoes (or drinking stuff i haven't named)

I almost never eat: chocolate, pork foods i haven't named, bread, most vegetables, most fruits, cake

I did develop problems because of not eating breakfast (never), because i simply had too much stress to eat (and preferred an anti-stress shower, or to lay in bed for as long as possible), and anxieties of eating at noon (lunch at school), because of overcrowded lunch rooms and separation anxiety. This really fucked me up. I know that i didn't eat almost anything at school for a very long period of time (months in a row). I also had no snacks, or fruit, or cookies for during the pauses. I just didn't eat at all until 6 pm (eating bread with something on it), and then developing night eating syndrome, the doors were closed, and i continued like this. I sometimes was also too lazy to prepare lunch in the morning, and ended up eating nothing too, when my parents decided i had to eat lunch instead of eating a full meal at school.

I also was very heady, and i've stated against my parents that i won't eat their food as long i wasn't allowed to be vegetarian (and i had i want to be a vegetarian-crisises multiple times in my life), causing me to vast on those times too when i was young, lol, because i didn't want to hurt animals anymore!!!

It's not an eating disorder of course, but I wished i had less problems maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It's really hard, and i think this all makes me unhealthy. It causes me to be ashamed of insecure in general too. (one of the many reasons). The pressure of other people being full vegan and i'm still not, is hard. I feel like i'm betraying myself or lying against myself or being hypocrite for not being a vegan, but still being a climate activist.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Not sure about beginning december, but i know that i must have had less weight, since my pants was sliding off all the time, i really had a bad time, not eating a lot end nov and beginning dec.

Logs for 4/12/2017:
Woke up: 4am (8 hours of sleep)
Did eat:
1) chicken filet, rice and curry sauce in the morning
2) 2 frangipagnes (cookies)
3) chicken filet, rice and curry in the evening (i had too much of it, and didn't want to throw it away)
4) 1,5 liter of coke
5) some fruit juice
Went to bed: 8pm

Logs for 5/12/2017:
Woke up: 5am (9 hours of sleep)
Did eat: 1) spaghetti, bacon and eggs in the morning
2) 2 frangipagnes (cookies)
3) some fruit juice
Went to bed: 10.15pm

Logs for 6/12/2017: (i'm now at my mom, so this sounds healthier)
Weight in the morning: 62,4 kg or 137,5 lbs / 1,85 cm or 6,1 feet tall / BMI = 18,2. (i expect this will go up to 18,5 at least). I also did check measure my waist (it's 69 cm / 27 inches), and my waist-to-height ratio was 0,37 (not enough). I did that however after i had my lunch (in the noon).
Woke up: 6am (7,45 hours of sleep)
Did eat:
5 chicken drumsticks and apple sauce at noon
3 croque monsieurs in the evening
0,6l of coke
So far 0,3l of beer (i will at least drink one beer more, and possibly another one. 0,6l or 1l beer.
Planning to go to bed around 10/11pm (not tired yet, 7.30pm)

Tomorrow will be another "healthier day", and also one of the last times i will eat meat, and from 8/12 i will start the challenge. So wish me luck

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Logs for 7/12/2017:
Woke up: 8.45 am (went to bed 10.30 pm) -> 10.15 hours of sleep
Weight in the morning: 62,1 kg (-0,3) or 137 lbs (-0.5 lbs) / BMI = 18,1 (-0,1) for a height of 6'1 or 185 cm
Did eat:
1) schnitzel (no vegetables, threw them away because they were soft (canned/tinned food) and almost no appetite)
2) apple sauce at 4pm
3) 2 hotdogs with ketchup
4) 1 self-made choco mousse (the other three ones are for my mom)
5) 0,6 l of coke
6) 0,6 l of beer (i sticked with 0,3l of beer yesterday)
7) 2 glasses of water

I'm going home tomorrow, so from that point, i won't drink coke again anymore, and i won't eat meat often anymore back again.

I was a bit surprised i lost weight this morning, since I did eat well enough yesterday (i did eat A LOT yesterday). I will probably gain a bit tomorrow, would be a bit surprised if not.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Logs for 8/12/2017
Woke up at 8.30 am (went to bed at 23.30 pm) -> 9 hours of sleep
Weight in the morning: 62,4 kg (+0.3) or 137.5 lbs (+0.5) / BMI= 18.2 (+0.1) / Height: 185 cm or 6'1
Made a walk (with small interludes of running) of 40 minutes this morning unintentionally
Did eat:
1) Six glasses of water
2) 100 or 150 grams spaghetti with spinach (forgot the bit of cheese on top) - +- 600-700 kcal at 4pm

As expected, i got the weight of yesterday back. I didn't had much appetite today. I felt miserable and weak. I almost had to faint (after i did ate) when doing the dishes, and i feel weakness in my legs. I think i will have lost weight tomorrow, don't know how much. Tomorrow could be another unhealthy day. I have plenty of food at home, but I expect it to become a very stressed day, so the potential for not eating at all is apparent. I'm glad i didn't have binges or an urge to buy / drink coke today, so i'm might now be officially one day coke free. Hurray! I also didn't eat meat today, but i don't have to plans to stop completely at this point, since it would be a step too much, however i'm trying to lower the amount of meat i eat, even more at least.

I did post my groceries here in another thread, and since the thread obviously failed, i will post them here, since they contribute a large section to my eating behavior anyway.

"I just went, and i bought this. I panicked-buy the cookies and the fruit juice, but i'm honestly a bit relieved that i have them in case of emergency, because i stopped buying coke, and if i really wanted to drink coke, i can drink fruit juice (it has a lot of calories of course... ). I have no idea how to replace the drinks, maybe i have to drink tea again. But i think i just prefer water for now, and maybe a glass of fruit juice in the morning. The cookies are also in case of emergency (i used to eat them always), but since i didn't buy my binge food (salmon or ham), i have them in case i need them. I also have one sack of crisps, but I prefer not to touch them. I haven't touch it for almost a month. I just don't like the taste of crisps anymore...

I have bought some pasta (penne and macaroni). I had more than enough spaghetti or tagliatelle or whatever, although i eat +- 500 grams of spaghetti in a week.

What i planned to eat:

today - spaghetti spinach (i have more than enough spinach here)
tomorrow: - spaghetti bolognese (i've premade bolognese here)
sunday: macaroni with cheese & ham (i have ham and cheese here)
monday: creamy tomato pasta (with the cheese and the tomato sauce i have bought)

I don't have a lot of snacks (everything is gross :( ) or breakfast (i didn't know what to buy) and i only have planned one large meal for one day (if i'm, hungry, i can always eat pasta again). It's possible i also will go out today or tomorrow, not sure. There is something to do here in the town, and i want to flee (because of my social anxiety). It's christmas market, and i think i hate that (or that i wouldn't like the noise). That also could abruptly change my eat patterns. Anxiety is more than likely to struck me (and than i won't eat anything...)

it's now 2.26pm and i haven't eat or drink yet today aside from one glass of water. I also did lock myself up earlier today, so i've made an unprepared long walk this morning, lol, but i liked it (although COLD, COLD, FREAKING COLD)."

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Logs for 9/12/2017
Woke up at 9am (went to bed at 12pm) -> 9 hours of sleep
Weight in the morning: 61.3 kg (-1.1 kg) or 135.1 lbs (-2.4 lbs) / BMI= 17.9 (-0.3) / Height: 185 cm or 6'1

Did eat:
1) 200 grams Spaghetti bolognese - approximately 1500 kcal (more spaghetti than yesterday, and of course didn't include the sauce). Did eat it around 2-3 pm.
2) 6 glasses of water.

Training:
- One cardio session of 1 hour running and walking: The circumstances (cold, pains, crowdedness close to where i live) made it a hard training. It was simply a hard training, but i could run for a bit, without stopping, so that at least makes me happy. The fact that i was moving for an hour, makes me also happy. I think i might have lost 400-500 kcal here.

Pretty big weight drop, and even more than I expected/hoped for. I was actually happy with that (i'm supposed not to be happy with it, but okay). Today, i did ate the spaghetti bolognese, but since I had the feeling that it was a lot of food, i decided to exercise a bit to at least use a bit of calories, and increase metabolism. I've a feeling that my body wants to balance everything. I want to flatten out all binge episodes (or episodes of overeating) for some reason, to make those overeating episodes a bit more regular. I wouldn't say that my meal of 1500 kcal was a binge, but it was a pretty big meal, and i wanted to flatten it out, and the only way to burn those calories is when you sport.

In the evening, i didn't eat anything else since i had no appetite, i was stressed because of a socially event outside close to where i live and i didn't want to eat anything else anymore after what i've eaten this noon...

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Logs for 10/12/2017
Woke up at 10am (went to bed at 12pm) -> 10 hours of sleep
Weight in the morning: 61.5 kg (+0.2 kg) or 135.5 lbs (+0.4 lbs) / BMI= 18.0 (+0.1) / Height: 185 cm or 6'1

Did eat:
1) 5-6 glasses of water
2) a variation of this recipe without the spinach, penne with a creamy cheesy tomato sauce. Did eat it around 2pm

Wouldn't say the food i prepared was, exactly what i wanted (i probably used a bit too much tomato pasta or the heat was not high enough, and i also underestimated how much time the cheese needed to melt), but overall it was okay. I just would have preferred to have a bit less tomato pasta in it, and a more oranger colour (could have used "cream"). There were more little work points, but it's the first time i've made it, so i was happy. I didn't add spinach, since the sauce was probably not going to be perfect, and i didn't have fresh spinach in house (i only have deep freeze spinach).

An okay-ish day.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also, i would really much appreciate it of people give me tips for low cal and easy-to-prepare foods to eat as snacks, evening meal (or as breakfast)? I'm probably going to buy some yoghurt next time when i do some grocery shopping. I'm making a list of what i need, and some ideas. I've also considered apples in the oven... :p Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you :)

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Logs for 11/12/2017
Woke up at 8am, went to bed at little bit before 1am -> 7 hours of sleep
Weight in the morning: 61.0 kg (-0.5 kg) or 134.5 lbs (-1.0 lbs) / BMI= 17.8 (-0.2) / Height: 185 cm or 6'1

Did eat:
1) 4-5 glasses of water
2) 3/4 of an ovendish macaroni with cheese & ham at 12am
3) 1/4 of an ovendish macaroni with cheese & ham at 5pm
4) ADDED LATER: 4 cookies (binge :( i had too eat)
5) ADDED LATER: 0.3l of beer
(+- 3000 kcal)

Did exercise;
1) a walk of 30 minutes in the morning between +- 10.30 and 11am
2) a walk of 75 minutes in the afternoon somewhere between 1 and 3 pm.
In total: +- 600 kcal (cold weather must have burned cals too)

I've lost a bit of weight this morning again. I probably am now at my all-time low BMI since i'm an adult (17.8), though i will most likely recover to a higher weight tomorrow, and i'm planning to eat a lot tomorrow too. As far as i know i've never had a BMI higher than 20 or most likely even 19, and according to BBMI (Better BMI Measurement), i've even had underweight for my entire life. That's weird, since my parents always have known me as someone who can eat everything, and who can eat a lot, and has a big stomach to storage food in. My dad said that i ate an insanely huge amount of mussels when I was 3 or 4 years old, and everyone has always known me as a big eater, but i must probably have a very fast metabolism or something is wrong.

The heavy chest pains that I experience, and became worse or more apparent when I lost a tiny bit more weight last week, are also a bit worrying. I'm not sure if it is weight-related. It shares many of the symptoms of Precordial Catch Syndrome, and that's a common but not dangerous condition that occurs frequently among children and also adolescents but not among adults (what's a bit weird, since i'm an adult). They also usually last only a few seconds, while when I experience them, they usually go on for minutes and a quarter. I've even had shortness of breath for four hours because of it and some said that it was a panic attack, but right then there was no reason for me to have a panic attack. I had on two times chest pains saturday (once just after i've eaten and once a very painful episode in the evening). It's on the left-side, and it's a stabbing chest pain. It occurs also frequently when I run (in 50% of the cases). I'm not sure if it does happen because of bad timing with when i've eaten food (i still don't know when i have to run.) or that it could be the spleen. It's just annoying. The pain itself is described quite similar as the Precordial Catch Syndrome, but it lasts longer, and i'm an adult, and it doesn't mension that it occurs frequently when doing sports, or that sports is a trigger. I'm not sure if those chest pains are weight-related, PCS-related or that there is a different cause (one that could even be more worrying), like possibly a form of pericarditis or a different disease on heart, ribs or lungs. It actually worries me, since PCS does not entirely describe my symptoms. But no other disease does it better, so i'm sticking with that.

Also, i've noticed constipation because I probably haven't eaten enough, the feeling you will faint soon (but i'll never faint), weakness in upper legs/thigs, palpitations and (orthostatic) hypotension. I'll also have a very slow heart rate (+- 45 bpm), though i haven't check it recently. I obviously have fast metabolistic rates, and i'm not sure what causes it. It is a symptom of hyperthyroidism, but this also includes high blood pressure and a fast heart rate, and i have the oppositie. Hypothyroidism on the other hand makes you more likely to be fatter. It's a bit weird, but okay. I'm not really keen on checking it with the doctor since the last times i went, i always worried about nothing.

I've also checked the BBMI, the better BMI calculator, better adjusted for tall and short people.

Compare to that that my body fast percentage and my waist size are very low, because a lot of pounds/kg's are just muscles in my legs, and not fat, and the situation could be even more problematic. I've also read on reddit that tall, thin young white males are also more likely to have spontaneous pneumothoraxes. And i even thought that i once had that because i had those chest pains and a shortness of breath, but after four hours, it did stop... , and then everyone told me that this was a panic attack. It worries me a bit...

@Blizzard

·
Premium Member
38,670 Posts
Logs for 11/12/2017
Woke up at 8am, went to bed at little bit before 1am -> 7 hours of sleep
Weight in the morning: 61.0 kg (-0.5 kg) or 134.5 lbs (-1.0 lbs) / BMI= 17.8 (-0.2) / Height: 185 cm or 6'1

Did eat:
1) 4-5 glasses of water
2) 3/4 of an ovendish macaroni with cheese & ham at 12am
3) 1/4 of an ovendish macaroni with cheese & ham at 5pm
(2000 kcal)

Did exercise;
1) a walk of 30 minutes in the morning between +- 10.30 and 11am
2) a walk of 75 minutes in the afternoon somewhere between 1 and 3 pm.
In total: +- 600 kcal (cold weather must have burned cals too)

I've lost a bit of weight this morning again. I probably am now at my all-time low BMI since i'm an adult (17.8), though i will most likely recover to a higher weight tomorrow, and i'm planning to eat a lot tomorrow too. As far as i know i've never had a BMI higher than 20 or most likely even 19, and according to BBMI (Better BMI Measurement), i've even had underweight for my entire life. That's weird, since my parents always have known me as someone who can eat everything, and who can eat a lot, and has a big stomach to storage food in. My dad said that i ate an insanely huge amount of mussels when I was 3 or 4 years old, and everyone has always known me as a big eater, but i must probably have a very fast metabolism or something is wrong.

The heavy chest pains that I experience, and became worse or more apparent when I lost a tiny bit more weight last week, are also a bit worrying. I'm not sure if it is weight-related. It shares many of the symptoms of Precordial Catch Syndrome, and that's a common but not dangerous condition that occurs frequently among children and also adolescents but not among adults (what's a bit weird, since i'm an adult). They also usually last only a few seconds, while when I experience them, they usually go on for minutes and a quarter. I've even had shortness of breath for four hours because of it and some said that it was a panic attack, but right then there was no reason for me to have a panic attack. I had on two times chest pains saturday (once just after i've eaten and once a very painful episode in the evening). It's on the left-side, and it's a stabbing chest pain. It occurs also frequently when I run (in 50% of the cases). I'm not sure if it does happen because of bad timing with when i've eaten food (i still don't know when i have to run.) or that it could be the spleen. It's just annoying. The pain itself is described quite similar as the Precordial Catch Syndrome, but it lasts longer, and i'm an adult, and it doesn't mension that it occurs frequently when doing sports, or that sports is a trigger. I'm not sure if those chest pains are weight-related, PCS-related or that there is a different cause (one that could even be more worrying), like possibly a form of pericarditis or a different disease on heart, ribs or lungs. It actually worries me, since PCS does not entirely describe my symptoms. But no other disease does it better, so i'm sticking with that.

Also, i've noticed constipation because I probably haven't eaten enough, the feeling you will faint soon (but i'll never faint), weakness in upper legs/thigs, palpitations and (orthostatic) hypotension. I'll also have a very slow heart rate (+- 45 bpm), though i haven't check it recently. I obviously have fast metabolistic rates, and i'm not sure what causes it. It is a symptom of hyperthyroidism, but this also includes high blood pressure and a fast heart rate, and i have the oppositie. Hypothyroidism on the other hand makes you more likely to be fatter. It's a bit weird, but okay. I'm not really keen on checking it with the doctor since the last times i went, i always worried about nothing.

I've also checked the BBMI, the better BMI calculator, better adjusted for tall and short people.

Compare to that that my body fast percentage and my waist size are very low, because a lot of pounds/kg's are just muscles in my legs, and not fat, and the situation could be even more problematic. I've also read on reddit that tall, thin young white males are also more likely to have spontaneous pneumothoraxes. And i even thought that i once had that because i had those chest pains and a shortness of breath, but after four hours, it did stop... , and then everyone told me that this was a panic attack. It worries me a bit...

@Blizzard
Wow you weigh less then me :) I have hypothyreodism. (low metabolism). So you are not sitting in any special positions when the chest pain happens? Any tight clothing? I insist you see the doctor!!!! I think you need to get a full blood test for all the vitamins, minerals proteins, fat, liquid and iron, and make sure you get enough calories each day.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow you weigh less then me :) I have hypothyreodism. (low metabolism). So you are not sitting in any special positions when the chest pain happens? Any tight clothing? I insist you see the doctor!!!! I think you need to get a full blood test for all the vitamins, minerals proteins, fat, liquid and iron, and make sure you get enough calories each day.
I have had them while running. I've had them while i sat or just was standing. I've had them after i've eaten. I've had them in the late evening (sometimes after excitement or stress). Stress, excitement and exertion seems to be triggers. I've had them in pajama's or naked too, so it's not tight clothing.

·
Premium Member
38,670 Posts
I have had them while running. I've had them while i sat or just was standing. I've had them after i've eaten. I've had them in the late evening (sometimes after excitement or stress). Stress, excitement and exertion seems to be triggers. I've had them in pajama's or naked too, so it's not tight clothing.
This is very mysterious...

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Logs for 12/12/2017
Woke up at 10am (went to bed at 11.30pm) -> 10.5 hours of sleep
Weight in the morning: 61.4 kg (+0.4 kg) or 135.4 lbs (+0.9 lbs) / BMI= 17.9 (+0.1) / Height: 185 cm or 6'1

Did eat:
1) Spaghetti with tomato sauce and creemy cheese (some leftovers from sunday, but i didn't like it, i'm not going to make it again probably)
2) Oven dish with salmon, a sauce with mainly milk & mascarpone cheese and spinach.

3) 3 yoghurts

Will probably gain a lot of weight back again, but i'm a bit disappointed. I can feel that i won't eat much tomorrow already... , and there is some trouble in the making for thursday & friday too. I'm not sure what to do actually. I'm sure i will gain a lot of weight tomorrow, and i'm actually not so keen on that. Normally i have the tradition to eat belgian fries on either wednesday evening or thursday evening, but I usually buy snacks there with meat there, so that's a lot of calories, but most importantly it's against future rules, and it feels kinda weird to just go to buy only french fries. That feels really weird... . I'm not sure what to do. But anyway the most important rule was to stop drinking coke, and i'm currently succeeding in that. I'm not even craving for it, but i'm craving for so much different food. It feels like I used coke to reduce my appetite, or that coke actually reduced my hunger appetite without me knowing it. We will see.

I also feel kinda weak. My stomach and bowel movements just aren't that good today. I feel like shit. I also feel fat... when i touch my tummy or check the scale...

·
Premium Member
38,670 Posts
Logs for 12/12/2017
Woke up at 10am (went to bed at 11.30pm) -> 10.5 hours of sleep
Weight in the morning: 61.4 kg (+0.4 kg) or 135.4 lbs (+0.9 lbs) / BMI= 17.9 (+0.1) / Height: 185 cm or 6'1

Did eat:
1) Spaghetti with tomato sauce and creemy cheese (some leftovers from sunday, but i didn't like it, i'm not going to make it again probably)
2) Oven dish with salmon, a sauce with mainly milk & mascarpone cheese and spinach.

3) 2 yoghurts

Will probably gain a lot of weight back again, but i'm a bit disappointed. I can feel that i won't eat much tomorrow already... , and there is some trouble in the making for thursday & friday too. I'm not sure what to do actually. I'm sure i will gain a lot of weight tomorrow, and i'm actually not so keen on that. Normally i have the tradition to eat belgian fries on either wednesday evening or thursday evening, but I usually buy snacks there with meat there, so that's a lot of calories, but most importantly it's against future rules, and it feels kinda weird to just go to buy only french fries. That feels really weird... . I'm not sure what to do. But anyway the most important rule was to stop drinking coke, and i'm currently succeeding in that. I'm not even craving for it, but i'm craving for so much different food. It feels like I used coke to reduce my appetite, or that coke actually reduced my hunger appetite without me knowing it. We will see.

I also feel kinda weak. My stomach and bowel movements just aren't that good today. I feel like shit. I also feel fat... when i touch my tummy or check the scale...
Do you drink enough water so that you don't become dihydrated? Could it be a side effect of medication? I wish you please see a doctor...

Reactions: Lakigigar

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't use medication. I drink enough water, so those are not the problems. I'm not sure what it is... and i'm not even sure if it's worth going to the doctor for. I went to her for my sleep problems and she said there is not much i can do for you... Maybe, you'll have to apply for a night job. @Blizzard If i will get that same kind of reaction for my chest pains and whatever, she will probably tell, it's nothing bad, maybe it's just stress or anxiety... Well, why should i even go then. It's pointless. I did lab tests last year, and they were good.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Logs for 13/12/2017
Woke up at 10.30am (went to bed at 1am) -> 9.5 hours of sleep
Weight in the morning: 61.8 kg (+0.4 kg) or 136.2 lbs (+0.8 lbs) / BMI= 18.1 (+0.2) / Height: 185 cm or 6'1

Did eat:
1) 3 yoghurts
2) water
3) Belgian fries with two snacks in the evening... (-> fast food ...) at 9pm

Not so happy with what i've eaten, but i really craved for it... and i hadn't eaten until this evening, but okay. It wouldn't even surprise me if i did lose some weight tomorrow despite eating fast food but okay. Tomorrow and friday will definitely be low cal days now!!! I also don't understand why i sleep that long. It looks like my sleep times have increased a fair bit. Yesterday, i slept 10 and a half hour. Now 9 and a half hour. I'm just tired a lot lately...

·
Premium Member
38,670 Posts
Logs for 13/12/2017
Woke up at 10.30am (went to bed at 1am) -> 9.5 hours of sleep
Weight in the morning: 61.8 kg (+0.4 kg) or 136.2 lbs (+0.8 lbs) / BMI= 18.1 (+0.2) / Height: 185 cm or 6'1

Did eat:
1) 3 yoghurts
2) water
3) Belgian fries with two snacks in the evening... (-> fast food ...) at 9pm

Not so happy with what i've eaten, but i really craved for it... and i hadn't eaten until this evening, but okay. It wouldn't even surprise me if i did lose some weight tomorrow despite eating fast food but okay. Tomorrow and friday will definitely be low cal days now!!! I also don't understand why i sleep that long. It looks like my sleep times have increased a fair bit. Yesterday, i slept 10 and a half hour. Now 9 and a half hour. I'm just tired a lot lately...
But hunny, you are not just your outer side. You are valuable on the inside. Your personality is more important then your looks. I don't want you to get sick for looking good. :hug:

Reactions: Lakigigar
1 - 20 of 153 Posts