Registered
1,210 Posts
My thingy:
11-Words of affirmation
9-Physical Touch
5-Quality Time
3-Receiving gifts
2-Acts of service

Truly shows how insecure and lonely I am.
How so?

·
Registered
194 Posts
12 is the highest you can go in one category, Words Of Affirmation had me at 11. Things like "Love you" or "Miss you" drive me crazy, which are literally the most basic things someone can say to a human being yet here I am, getting excited over a text that says "Good Night".
Just someone telling me I look nice (not like I've been doing drugs for 6 hours straight) can make me believe in life again and makes everything look like rainbows and sunshines.

My second one is 9, a bit lower than 11 but still pretty high.
It's physical touch, hugs are like sex for me. Feels warm and reasuring and safe. Hugs are quite common in society, when you meet someone you know or when you say bye.
BuT i DoNt GeT tHeM OfTeN sOoOooOOOooOo

P.S: Your signature is very aesthetically pleasing.

Reactions: Angelo

·
Registered
559 Posts
12 is the highest you can go in one category, Words Of Affirmation had me at 11. Things like "Love you" or "Miss you" drive me crazy, which are literally the most basic things someone can say to a human being yet here I am, getting excited over a text that says "Good Night".
Just someone telling me I look nice (not like I've been doing drugs for 6 hours straight) can make me believe in life again and makes everything look like rainbows and sunshines.

It's physical touch, hugs are like sex for me. Feels warm and reasuring and safe. Hugs are quite common in society, when you meet someone you know or when you say bye.

I can relate. I do not recall a single time any of my parents said that they loved me; whenever someone says they love me (which is almost never, I think my ex-wife might have said that one or two times at most) I get so emotional that is difficult to keep from crying. If someone touches me in a romantic way the same happens, however, with less intensity.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I can relate. I do not recall a single time any of my parents said that they loved me; whenever someone says they love me (which is almost never, I think my ex-wife might have said that one or two times at most) I get so emotional that is difficult to keep from crying. If someone touches me in a romantic way the same happens, however, with less intensity.
One or two? Your wife and you can only count 1 or 2? That's harsh man

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

Physical touch is like 11 for me, and everything is just sooo much

·
Registered
559 Posts
One or two? Your wife and you can only count 1 or 2? That's harsh man
I remember when my father's girlfriend asked her how did she call me (like "honey", "darling", etc), she answered "the person I hate less". She used the word "hate" as a comma almost, it was the word she spoke more often by far.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Without realizing that there was actually a test I voted. I voted for quality time and ended up getting a 10 in it. :laughing:
I definitely love me some quality time. My best friend and I pretty much only spend quality time together. Maybe with a little affirmative words and service thrown in.

·
Registered
146 Posts
12 Acts of Service
7 Quality Time
6 Physical Touch
4 Receiving Gifts
1 Words of Affirmation

About right. I do like giving and receiving gifts, however lots of the questions seemed kinda ... selfish and materialistic when it's really just about them thinking of you enough to get you something. In reality I'd put it in third place after acts of service and quality time. Words don't really mean anything to me.

·
Registered
559 Posts
12 Acts of Service
7 Quality Time
6 Physical Touch
4 Receiving Gifts
1 Words of Affirmation

About right. I do like giving and receiving gifts, however lots of the questions seemed kinda ... selfish and materialistic when it's really just about them thinking of you enough to get you something. In reality I'd put it in third place after acts of service and quality time. Words don't really mean anything to me.
You probably had loving parents growing up.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I did. What gave it away?
The words of affirmation meaning nothing to you. I don't recall a single time by parents saying "I love you" to me, I just remember being kicked in the balls and being told "I hate you" on my 17th birthday (those episodes happened three days apart)

This kind of stuff makes "words of affirmation" really high on my list. I have a very hard shell so it might not look like it from an outside observer, but if someone says in any meaningful way "I love you" it makes me cry internally.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow. So few people's love language are receiving gifts! Receiving Gifts is my #1, with Acts of Service as #2. I thought receiving gifts would have more votes.

·
Banned
972 Posts
I got on 5lovelanguages.com .....9 physical touch, 8 quality time, 5 acts of service, 4 receiving gifts, 4 words of affirmation EDIT: funny, i was expecting words of affirmation and then later gift giving to be high.

421 - 440 of 456 Posts