Votes: 79 10.7%
  • Physical Touch

Votes: 241 32.8%

• Total voters
441 - 456 of 456 Posts

·
Banned
972 Posts
another interesting thing, I hardly touch anybody, and I have autism, and often don't like to be touched in a certain way or for people to be in my personal space. I guess I'm surrounded by lots of people I don't care for irl and only have very few people i actually love. like my two best friends, (although one of them i can't touch cause he lives far away and has no chance of getting here any time soon). my mother, and strangely, my sister, but i also believe i pictured myself with a romantic partner and touching and got all excited. but then again, my other best friend lives most of the time far away and i imagined hugging him, so that could work, too. quality time im not questioning, especially when paired with touching. there's nothing i would love better than to snuggle with someone on the couch watching avrupa yakasi (a turkish comedy from the good old days of turkey in the 21st century before it became authoritarian and divided), and possibly under a blanket, with her head on my chest and us laughing our butts off and my hand stroking her hair. but unfortunately i hardly have love in my life other than from my best friend who lives in this country. and that's only on the phone. and i could only accomplish the previous feat through marriage due to the permanent course religion has set for me, in other words, there's no going back or middle path. if i tried it, i fear that with my impulsivity i might go nuts. so religious beliefs beliefs means id have to wait until marriage and that's not happening any time soon. EDIT: Not to mention i live at home with my mother and brother and have no job so it would be awkward cuddling on the couch with her, and if i went to her place........i dont know whatll happen.

·
Banned
972 Posts
But is it reciprocal? By which I mean, do you enjoy giving gifts just as much or it is really only receiving?
:laughing:that's true, when i receive a gift, my first thought is, "CAN I HAVE MORE CHOCOLATE!" Not, how do I awkwardly pay this back when it's all about me at the moment, yet im gonna forget this in less than 1 day after they leave.

·
Registered
15,044 Posts
Never realized this thread existed until now, lol.

8 Quality Time
8 Receiving Gifts
7 Words of Affirmation
4 Acts of Service
3 Physical Touch

Quality Time
In Quality Time, nothing says “I love you” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there—with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby—makes you feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed activities, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful. Whether itʼs spending uninterrupted time talking with someone else or doing activities together, you deepen your connection with others through sharing time.

Receiving Gifts
Don’t mistake this love language for materialism; the receiver of gifts thrives on the love, thoughtfulness, and effort behind the gift. If you speak this language, the perfect gift or gesture shows that you are known, you are cared for, and you are prized above whatever was sacrificed to bring the gift to you. A missed birthday or a hasty, thoughtless gift would be disastrous—so would the absence of everyday gestures. Gifts are heartfelt symbols to you of someone else's love and affection for you.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
1. Acts of Service
2. Quality Time
3. Physical Touch
4. Words of Affirmation
5. Receiving Gifts

Talk is cheap. Buying someone off with gifts is even cheaper. Ain't saying that's what it always is, but if you've experienced someone doing that shit a lot, you can end up placing higher emphasis on actions.

9,999 Posts
I've discovered a new one - altschmerz.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am sure mine would be
Physical touch: Very high
Quality time: High
Acts of service: Medium
Words of Affirmation: Low
Receiving Gifts: very low

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Physical touch is my primary thing then after is quality time.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
My first language of looove is doing nice things, and second is leaving me the hell alone & going away to enjoy your own quality time, bitch. :skunk::eek:ctopus::hearts:

·
Registered
18 Posts
the best thing a man can give for a woman is his attention

Words of Affirmation11315.56%
Quality Time28839.67%
Receiving Gifts91.24%
Acts of Service7910.88%
Physical Touch

·
Registered
584 Posts
This was kind of surprising. I thought Quality Time would be highest, but it turns out I appreciate touch quite a bit more than I thought. I'm still not entirely convinced its the most important thing to me though.

9Physical Touch
8Quality Time
8Words of Affirmation
4Acts of Service
1Receiving Gifts

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Physical touch and quality time are both really important to me. I think physical touch wins out by a little bit in terms of my pure enjoyment, which was evidenced when I took the quiz, but I think quality time is sort of more useful/value in the sense that it allows for more intentional, directed relationship bonding. The other 3 ended up being quite similarly ranked for me and that feels right.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Physical touch and Quality time
I can remember so many times I have been so overly cuddly with my mom to the point where she would already tell me she needed some space haha. People would usually not guess that I am a touchy feely person because I have become very careful with touching other people, since I met my first uni friend. She is very touch averse but didn't tell me straight away, so I made a joke where I poked here teasingly and she told me very sternly that she hated nothing more than the feeling of people touching her without her permission. I became suddenly aware of how I might have overstepped so many peoples boundaries already in my life and they didn't tell me becasue they were maybe too shy or something and therefore I now ask people if they are ok with my normal self before I just go around and hug or poke people lol
Physical touch and Quality time also influence each other a lot. When you're cuddling and talking with whoever has a special place in your heart you are already spending some really good quality time imo

441 - 456 of 456 Posts