Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, soon to try LARP first time! :p
Anyone with experience with LARP or RP in general, which have thoughts on how close to your personality you can play?
As a heavy Ni, I know I could do INFJ or INTJ ish play, but...

Is it easier to act, and pretend to be some with backstory for your type/type cluster? I assume pretending to be Fe dom or Ti dom is workable, just can't for the life of me imagine me, ever, pretend, to be a Se dom. Ever. :alien:

·
MOTM October 2013
6,424 Posts
INFJ here, and I've been doing text-based roleplay for years...I've fallen into about four main personalities that are easy for me to get into, and I tend to play one of these characters at least once in whatever community I'm doing RP in: the upbeat energetic rogue with a gold heart, the dour troubled philosopher, the whimsical absent-minded scientist, and the matronly no-nonsense woman. I wonder if they correspond to Fe, Ni, Ti, and Se...?

Then these personalities I've tried and do enjoy, but they tend to veer off into one of the above four if I play them too long: the girly girl (whether ditzy or just more "traditional" in terms of liking fashion or whatever), the emotionless and/or emotionally-clueless soldier, the contented loner (such as a druid or farmer without any trauma in the past), and the eccentric wise woman/man. ....Si, Te, Fi, and Ne perhaps??

The hardest personalities for me to play are the true psychopaths, who I normally truck out as villain characters: the ones that have zero compassion for others and exploit everyone for their own desires. They, too, eventually veer off into one of the above paths instead. It's really hard for me to perceive of a person who is that selfish who's not either traumatized or doesn't eventually warm to a special someone and so have that person as a base motivation, even though that kind of person does exist IRL.

As far as LARP or tabletop: I'm much more self-conscious in person and tend to just RP a character who goes along to get along before I become more comfortable in the group.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts