Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Ace of Spades
7w6 4w3 1w9 sp/so; Ni/Ne/Te-dom
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The following is completely honest and raw. Please do not read if you have no interest or if you wish to criticize. I prefer that you take your critical cap off, as these responses are very personal. Forget any type I've ever claimed to be in the past. Avoid any such biases. Please do read Question 1.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I'm not unsure of my type. I'm doing this more as a game than for assessment. If that offends anybody, then simply don't read or reply.

I find JCF and MBTI much too shallow of systems to gain anything more from at this point in my life. The Enneagram delves deeper and more accurately into the psyche and its motivations. Furthermore, inherent in it is the potential for personal growth and freedom from the innermost fears, something which the MBTI does not account for. MBTI/JCF is much too static and rigid, and offers little new insight into my personality.

That being said, this is an experiment. Participate if you desire.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

To understand my Self, the true essence of my being, and its interaction with the universe. To be aware of the innermost workings of my mind, in order to change them at ease in the ways which are beneficial to me. To be free from fears and any other mental blocks preventing me from living at my full potential. To experience things as broadly and deeply as I can, and to learn from the vast experience of life.

Perception is everything. It's not what you see, it's how you see that matters.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Absolute bliss and freedom, typically from a mystical or euphoric state. Sometimes this is in deep meditation when I'm alone, sometimes this is in an altered state in an environment where I'm with people I deeply love and respect. Feeling at one with everything, experiencing a rush of insight, becoming more in touch with what underlies existence. Connecting with other beings and truly understanding one another.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Fear and negativity. Not accomplishing something I said I would and know I can. Being limited by my own body and mind, not having an understanding and control of it. Losing my strength and vitality. Being misunderstood and misjudged.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions?

My decisions are ultimately my own. I look at reliable external sources when I'm researching something that can potentially harm my body or mind and want to get accurate information on it. I am fueled by my passions and interests. I focus on what's important to me, how I can go about pursuing it, and how much the time and effort is worth it in the long run.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

The emphasis depends on the project. I like to complete things thoroughly when they are important to me, I like to get them over with if they are not. I definitely like to have control of the outcome so if this isn't possible, the project loses significance.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I have lots of fun every day. I squeeze as much as I can out of life. I probably have a different definition of "fun" than most. If something is meaningful, has a significant impact on my overall sense of well-being, and I can learn and gain something from it, it's fun. If it's merely a wasting of time because I'm avoiding doing more important and fulfilling things, then it's not really fun.

My answers to this question vary too broadly. I can have fun while I'm doing something new and extraordinary, or when doing something simple and childlike, as long as the experience has a positive impact.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

I'm extremely visual. I would much prefer a geometrical representation, a graph, or perhaps a colour-coded chart. Reading plain text is often really tedious as I don't naturally think in language. When it comes to courses, I very much prefer going to lecture and absorbing the information that way, allowing it to slowly sink in and eventually click, sometime later in the term.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Again, it really depends. I'm organized in my own way. I like to plan ahead, to have an idea of what the outcomes of my decisions may be. I can see different possibilities unfolding depending on a set of variables, and I prepare for the more likely ones or strive for the most desirable ones. I like a general structure for the near future, where I can adapt to unexpected changes if need be.

10) How do you judge new ideas?

I approach new ideas with enthusiasm. I like to see them without a bias initially, exploring the possibilities and implications. I don't believe or disbelieve anything from the get go. If it's a matter of scientific accuracy, I might look it up, or simply withhold drawing conclusions about it. I like ideas for the sake of ideas, and appreciate different views because they make me think and re-evaluate.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

We are responsible for ourselves first and foremost. If I don't feel comfortable in a group, I let it be known. If someone else feels uncomfortable, I expect that they would also notify the group. I respect and treat people on an individual basis. The more in tune I am with someone, the better we can respond to each other's subtle cues.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I like to think outloud, so long as I'm comfortable with the people around. Since my thoughts are non-verbal, I like to practice articulation through speaking, often pausing mid-sentence to fine-tune the idea into a cohesive structure, or restarting. It's a useful process as long as people don't mind my odd style of speech, and my excessive enthusiasm.

I'm sure most people would say they prefer one-on-one communication. It really depends on the people and the context. More people means more idea sources and more perspectives. I find the optimal number, given that people talk roughly equally, is 3-4. One-on-one is useful when I want to engulf the person's mind and connect with them personally.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speak more than words?

I typically like to know what I'm getting into. As long as I can see a positive outcome or learning experience, and it's not detrimental to my well-being, I desire to try all sorts of crazy things. It's worth the little bit of research in order to avoid years of regret.

Action should ideally be consistent with words. It's important to distinguish what you "might potentially do" from what you're "actually going to do", at least when it comes to promises involving other people. I'm careful to follow through with things like that or explain why I cannot.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I typically dislike short notice. If my plans for my night in outweigh the benefits of going out, I will stay in. If the activity or opportunity is worth setting my plans aside, I'll go after the show. I prefer valuable interaction above all, whether that be alone or with others. Either can be energizing.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I typically prefer to withdraw and ground myself. I treat myself with respect, eating delicious foods, meditating, listening to good music, etc. I can be very unpleasant to other people if I interact while really stressed. I can be irritable, impatient, and harsh, so I warn others to approach me at their own risk.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Not too much, but a few key features: Willful closed-mindedness, refusal to see things from perspectives very different from their own, dislike of introspection, intolerance for the weird, eccentric, and offbeat, refusal to admit to personal biases, refusal to acknowledge the power of the mind, non-dynamic belief systems, inability to tolerate or understand why people have different lifestyle choices, negativity, refusal to believe that people can vastly change, rejection of the unusual and unknown.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Ideas. Interesting abstract concepts to stimulate our minds, personal perspectives, descriptions of how our minds work differently, our deepest motivations and desires, our life-changing experiences, ideas that start somewhere and end up anywhere. Nonsense, silliness, metaphor, science, philosophy, spirituality, otherworldly experiences and thoughts, models of the universe, worldviews, subjective interpretations, mystical and emotional experience, deep realizations, the craziest ideas imaginable. Exploring and pushing the boundaries of human experience together, feeling an intense connection which transcends space-time. Ideally.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

The mundane, though I make the best of everything. I don't neglect anything important, or that would only hurt me in the long run. I try to get away with avoiding tedious things and optimizing the time I have for personal interests. I would say the biggest issue is externalizing my inner achievements, as it's often tedious to do, and I'd rather be respected for who I am than what I do.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

My good friends see me as inspirational, determined, bold, energetic, happy, talkative, introspective, intellectual, scientific, adventurous, friendly, excitable, independent, and strong.

People who don't know me see me as superficial, domineering, annoying, "too optimistic", withdrawn, selfish, uncaring, stubborn, eccentric, uncommitted, and self-absorbed.

My good friends would never say I'm subtle, a wallflower, a pushover, or purposeless and powerless in life.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

It depends on where I am and what the weather is like. The day would comprise of something like: Enjoying a nice cup of tea and relaxation, doing something that stimulates the mind, going outside for a bike ride or hike, eating tasty food, doing something fun or exciting, coming home and doing a meditative activity, introspection, perhaps some form of mind exploration ;), then later at night gathering with people for meaningful discussion and other fun activities.

Let the madness begin:

·
Ace of Spades
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aaahaha, I already have 2 types that have never been suggested to me before. This will be quite the entertainment. I summon, alphabetically:

@Ace Face
@aconite
@Agape
@Angelic Gardevoir
@Berdudget
@Boss
@Enfpleasantly
@HandiAce
@Jawz
@Julia Bell
@JuliaRhys
@JungyesMBTIno
@Kayness
@LiquidLight
@n2freedom
@Neon Knight
@Owfin
@possiBri
@Rim
@Stephen
@Wake

I won't be offended if you ignore this, especially if I already know your opinion. But please, for the love of the universe, do not quote this post!

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Not too much, but a few key features: Willful closed-mindedness, refusal to see things from perspectives very different from their own, dislike of introspection, intolerance for the weird, eccentric, and offbeat, refusal to admit to personal biases, refusal to acknowledge the power of the mind, non-dynamic belief systems, inability to tolerate or understand why people have different lifestyle choices, negativity, refusal to believe that people can vastly change, rejection of the unusual and unknown.
Why do I see so much FeNi here that it's actually screaming out at me. Inclusion of the few within the many is a very stereotypical FeNi goal.

It depends on where I am and what the weather is like. The day would comprise of something like: Enjoying a nice cup of tea and relaxation, doing something that stimulates the mind, going outside for a bike ride or hike, eating tasty food, doing something fun or exciting, coming home and doing a meditative activity, introspection, perhaps some form of mind exploration ;), then later at night gathering with people for meaningful discussion and other fun activities.
And here I see Tertiary Se o.0

-----

Could you just be ...

AN ENFJ !!! ???

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I see Ne all the way with you, even down to typing yourself...lots of possibilities, huh? ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you ooze Ne IMO. The statements you've made in your signature alone screams Ne Fi to me.

Can I say for sure whether that would mean ENFP or ENTP? No, I haven't paid enough attention :tongue:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I also agreed with @Jawz at ENFJ. I honestly saw Ni more than Fe, but you seemed unusually outgoing. Most of your answers would indicate being a Judger in the sense that you like control over your situations. You could be INFJ as well... but I lean toward ENFJ myself.

Then again, I don't know if I'm a firm believer that the functions have to present in that order. The functions that stood out if I wasn't looking at specific type orders were Se, Ni, Te, and Fe.

If I had to put that in order, I would say Fe, Ni, Se, and Te

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Aight. Here we go...

Answers to 3 and 7, sound more like Se (?)

If this were printed on paper, it should be on paper that has a huge N watermarked on it :p

The last part of 18 suggests a 3rd/4th slot Ji function. So, a 1st/2nd slot Je function?
And you make it clear throughout that things need to be settled in external reality, lol. (Hence, J?)

8 - A visual/sense-perception tie to Logic? Te?

16 - sounds like you hold a value of selfless or ego-less sharing and accepting of ideas. Te?

11 shows well-developed feeling function. Can't tell which one though lol.

P.S. Based on number 20, I kinda wanna spend a day with you biking and drinking tea and meditating and eating tasty Food, lol. Sounds like amazing fun. Yes, the tasty Food may have had a huge effect :D

===================

Conclusions:

I could reasonably say you're an N.
You seem like a J.
I wanna say your Te is strong.
Not sure of E/I at all. But if you're already well-balanced with E/I, then you may never know. Like me :( Lol

I'd be going out on a limb to say: I'm thinking xNTJ.
And I could be way off, Idk.

Check back for edits. Might add more...

Edit: Nah. This is all I could guess from this. I'm probably also wrong, lol. One can only get so much off of a digital interaction.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
I also agreed with @Jawz at ENFJ. I honestly saw Ni more than Fe, but you seemed unusually outgoing. Most of your answers would indicate being a Judger in the sense that you like control over your situations. You could be INFJ as well... but I lean toward ENFJ myself.

Then again, I don't know if I'm a firm believer that the functions have to present in that order. The functions that stood out if I wasn't looking at specific type orders were Se, Ni, Te, and Fe.

If I had to put that in order, I would say Fe, Ni, Se, and Te
You're right. A person is basically their dominant function with an aux S, T, N or F preference.

I really feel at the same time, that Spades could very well be having the same Fe Vs Te dilemma that seems to be a very common occurrence amongst intellectual ENFJ's. [Though I'm not 100% convinced myself that she's an ENFJ --- but there's definite traces of Ni there and even Se].

I have a question, @Spades ... what was growing up like? Were you encouraged to be more intellectually outgoing by your parents? Early childhood orientation has a way of converting feeling preference children into seeming and acting like thinking types. ENFJ's commonly see themselves, or even act like ENTJ's under special circumstances. Heck .. even my Fe dominance has been questioned with comments like "highly developed Ti for an ENFJ" by people constantly ... but I pay no heed to them. Not since I discovered exactly how ENFJ's mistype as ENTJ's.

·
Ace of Spades
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is mindblowingly delicious! I'm so fascinated in how people see Fe.

And here ladies and gentlemen, is why tests suck:

(Taken sometime in 2011):

extraverted Sensing (Se)
********************* (21.8)
limited use

introverted Sensing (Si)
****************** (18.6)
limited use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne)
*************************************** (39)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni)
************************************************* (49.1)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te)
********************************* (33)
good use

introverted Thinking (Ti)
************************************* (37)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe)
************* (13.7)
unused

introverted Feeling (Fi)
*************************** (27.8)
average use

LMAO.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I gather the idea that you have expectations on how people should act or treat people, which always seemed like Fe to me. You don't want to be misunderstood, misjudged, and you seem to want everybody to know how they are feeling at one time.

I say Ni next (though you are pretty creative, I can see where Ne comes into question) because your post has a lot of symbolism and an unusually delicious hidden energy. Your answers are mystical. Also, I see a lot of potential to see where a decision can lead to the end.

Se is extremely obvious; probably the least confusing of all four (which could say something). I saw very little, if any Si in your post.

Which leaves Te/Ti. Your answers describe the desire to put logic on the table in a clear, understanding way. You like graphs, charts, and visuals. You describe it as a very outgoing process... so that I'm a little stumped with. ENFJ would indicate Ti as inferior, but I don't know if I see a lot of Ti as I do Te.

Those questions seem pretty one dimensional to me. When I took that test and had my fiance take it for me, we had wildly different results because we had different ways of seeing the question. It brought up some interesting debate, to say the least.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
@Spades have you ever checked out the inferior functions of a type you've suspected yourself as? This, that you said here suggests that when you are stressed (aka, in the grip of your inferior function), then this is how you respond...

I typically prefer to withdraw and ground myself. I treat myself with respect, eating delicious foods, meditating, listening to good music, etc. I can be very unpleasant to other people if I interact while really stressed. I can be irritable, impatient, and harsh, so I warn others to approach me at their own risk.
This could be Se *OR* Si because when it's the inferior function, it is not as refined. Check out this article on a Ne Dom being wrapped up in Si.
http://personalitycafe.com/enfp-articles/76803-recognizing-inferior-function-enfps.html yes, this is an article posted in the ENFP forum, but it's actually about Ne doms (ENFP and ENTP).

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I also want to say, @Spades, that I know how you feel. While we act differently and most certainly portray differing types, I have a current thread going because I feel like the two types I relate to are ISFJ and ENFP. They are almost nothing alike, so I'm confused as hell.

I hope this will help you find your answers though! :)

·
Ace of Spades
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a question, @Spades ... what was growing up like? Were you encouraged to be more intellectually outgoing by your parents? Early childhood orientation has a way of converting feeling preference children into seeming and acting like thinking types. ENFJ's commonly see themselves, or even act like ENTJ's under special circumstances. Heck .. even my Fe dominance has been questioned with comments like "highly developed Ti for an ENFJ" by people constantly ... but I pay no heed to them. Not since I discovered exactly how ENFJ's mistype as ENTJ's.
Interesting. I never thought Fe could look like Te, it's the function I least relate to.

I've always been drawn to intellectual stimulation of any kind. I learned the alphabet at 1.5 yrs, I could read and write by age 3, and I remember having my first "abstract" thought loops at 5. I would make my parents buy me puzzles since age 3, and eventually math books by grade 1, when I learned multiplication and division. They were often baffled by me as they never had to push me to do anything. I was at the top of my class from Grade 1 through to Grade 10. I could say more but this isn't the Toot Your Horn forum =P

Interestingly, my mom is an ISTJ (Bachelors Computer Engineering) and my dad an ExTJ (Ph.D. Software Engineering, and a brilliant inventor). Since age 11, I explicitly refused to listen to them. I was probably the most difficult teenager to raise. The house was a constant warzone and I almost tore my whole family apart. Out of everyone, I showed the least weakness, the least hurt, the least remorse. I was seriously not in a healthy mental state. Part of the reason it's so difficult to type me, is because I've grown and changed unbelievably over the years.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Interesting. I never thought Fe could look like Te, it's the function I least relate to.

I've always been drawn to intellectual stimulation of any kind. I learned the alphabet at 1.5 yrs, I could read and write by age 3, and I remember having my first "abstract" thought loops at 5. I would make my parents buy me puzzles since age 3, and eventually math books by grade 1, when I learned multiplication and division. They were often baffled by me as they never had to push me to do anything. I was at the top of my class from Grade 1 through to Grade 10. I could say more but this isn't the Toot Your Horn forum =P

Interestingly, my mom is an ISTJ (Bachelors Computer Engineering) and my dad an ExTJ (Ph.D. Software Engineering and a brilliant inventor). Since age 11, I explicitly refused to listen to them. I was probably the most difficult teenager to raise. The house was a constant warzone and I almost tore my whole family apart. Out of everyone, I showed the least weakness, the least hurt, the least remorse. I was seriously not in a healthy mental state. Part of the reason it's so difficult to type me, is because I've grown and changed unbelievably over the years.
Fe can indeed look like Te and vice-versa.

Both can focus on externally standardized ethics.
Both can arrange their environment: Te logically; Fe harmonically (but this one deals more with people than objects, since that's where you'll find feelings)
Both are judging functions requiring structure.
Both are impersonal and ego-less.
Both are very no-nonsense when dealing with situations.
etc.

They tend to equalize in surface appearance as Fe/Ti and Te/Fi develop... (going only off what I've seen on this last point, so don't quote me on it lol)

·
Registered
17,819 Posts

Interestingly, my mom is an ISTJ (Bachelors Computer Engineering) and my dad an ExTJ (Ph.D. Software Engineering, and a brilliant inventor). Since age 11, I explicitly refused to listen to them. I was probably the most difficult teenager to raise. The house was a constant warzone and I almost tore my whole family apart. Out of everyone, I showed the least weakness, the least hurt, the least remorse. I was seriously not in a healthy mental state. Part of the reason it's so difficult to type me, is because I've grown and changed unbelievably over the years.
I wasn't actually 100% sure of why I sensed Fe from your recent post ... but you just made the case for possibly being Fe dominant a little stronger by mentioning the types of your parents.

Here, read this:

ENFJ-ENTJ: Cleary the business background played strongly in how this woman typically behaved and is a clear case of the environment influencing type development. She may have acquired a great deal of TJ (Te) skill in her work. However, these two types share Ni and so the sense of foreseeing and visioning would appear similar in both. Also, my client disclosed that she had overachieving parents whom she continually wanted to please and connect with (Fe) so the very strong achievement orientation we often see in _NTJs was there. Additionally, Ti plays an Aspirational role in ENFJ and we often see a seeking of clarity around definitions and principles that is usually a characteristic of the Theorist™ temperament.

Te: If she had not been free to be her ENFJ self growing up and in her work, she may have been forced to develop skill in Te in a way that we might not expect from a process that usually plays a somewhat Devilish role in the personality. She may have tapped into it in a more transformative way as she structured her life to be who she thought she needed to be. This would explain both the ESTJ and ENTJ look to her behavior.
ENFJ - ESTJ / ESTP / ENTJ

Of course ... it's just one possibility - and may very well be the one you've least considered for yourself [as is pretty much the case with almost all intellectual ENFJ's I've come across].

Again ... don't think I'm pushing type on you :)

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
My Parents are both ENTJ and my ENFJ Sister had the hardest time with them, especially as a teenager. I too clashed with them and rebelled, but not as much as my Sister. However, my Sister doesn't approach abstract thoughts the way you do. She weighs them more against outside sources (values) than internal, like you seem to do (imo). You refer to perception a lot.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
@Spades Why does Ni not seem like your primary JCF? You've identified it heavily to this point, and you know if you carry it far more than I do. I never thought to question you on your INTJ typing. I also don't study the JCF's or believe the preferences are central, just telling to the personality. I would be unlikely to be able to help you on this subject.

I consider you an intellectual 7. You're reserved for that reason, you think well, but your strongest desire is to live up the moment and enjoy yourself. The two mixed makes you a a rather unique 7. I don't care to give it further typing because I believe your innate attributes + the reason you became a 7 makes you the type 7 you are. 7s do vary greatly.

Do you believe there is reason why 7 does not fit you? Motives unspoken to enjoying the experience like a 7?

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Oh, and I remember seeing a video challenge you posted, I think.

The way you take the "now" in order to move forward and don't really look back does not sound like Si at all.
Si enjoys looking back and uses it to stabilize/predict the future.

Edit: also, I've seen many Se users say that when they recall experiences it's more like they're just aware of them, but are in no way shaped or affected by them.
Most Si users feel as if their experiences are a part of them and inherently have a lasting effect, for the most part.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.