Personality Cafe banner

3121 - 3140 of 3162 Posts

·
Retired Administrator
15,817 Posts

This ballet seems like the easiest to understand--it's amazing to me that they try to tell a story with just visual language and dance and music. It's challenging to understand, but I really feel like this one is accessible and I like how they added different elements to the story, like developing the prince's character and childhood, and also making Cinderella less flat of a character.

Cinderella has never been one of my favorite stories, though I do like the Grimms Brothers version better than Disney's, and this ballet version is my favorite of all so far.

Edit: Okay--I really loved that one. I liked her golden wheat dresses and the bird that tried on the shoe. I'm going to have to check out if there are other Christopher Wheeldon ballets to watch.

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
541 Posts
The last movie I watched was Jimmy and Judy, it was something I found one day and decided to check it out. Glad I did, because I enjoyed it. It's a low budget found footage type of movie, but I enjoyed it overall. It was different for sure and I laughed a few times during the movie which I liked.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Parasite 7/10, it's a good movie but not for everyone. By the way, I started using Youtube TV and I have to say it was my best decision. First of all, it's affordable and easy to use. It offers an excellent variety of channels, personally, I think it's worth it. Besides, spamreviews are all positive, just check it out.

·
Premium Member
38,550 Posts
Psychobitch

A fantastic movie about a teenage couple in love who manage despite like a ton of challanges. A movie that finally shows life from a boys' perspective.

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 (539) // IEI-Ni
4,055 Posts
Capital in the 21st Century.
⭐⭐⭐⭐

Very good doc on capitalism's cyclical rise and degeneration, it's an adaption of the famous economics book that I've wanted to read for a while (which is nearly 700 pages so I'm sure the book is more in depth). I learned a bit but I actually knew quite a lot of the stuff in this doc already. For someone less familiar it'd be good start though.
It is one of the better docs I've seen on the subject. I think it should've gone a bit more indepth on modern AI automation but maybe it did in the book.
Even though it's very good at identifying the problem and drawing parallels of today with history, I think it needed to also put some more focus on solutions, otherwise it paints a pretty grim picture that the only way capitalism goes through a radical shift to reduce the rampant inequality it produces has historically often been from the destruction of capital and bloodshed, or at least the serious threat of an uprising.
Still, people need to learn from their history to avoid these things, so I think the movie is good at making its case.

·
Registered
740 Posts
My Tomorrow, Your Yesterday

4.6/5 🌟🌟🌟🌟✨

Surprisingly profound for a romance drama even though they didn’t really flesh out the mechanics and logistics of the story but they definitely delivered on the emotional impact and message.

·
Premium Member
38,550 Posts
:oops: Excuse me? I thought there was plenty.
Ye but I don't know of many since I'm a girl and that's prolly why I see so few 😄

·
Premium Member
38,550 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,550 Posts
The babymakers
It seems fun so fare :))

3121 - 3140 of 3162 Posts