Personality Cafe banner

3141 - 3160 of 3162 Posts

·
Code Cracked
12,898 Posts
Within the last week or two;
Re-watched Deadpool 2 -the intro credits always have me laughing. Then later on I decided to re- watch Deadpool as well. Both are always funny. If you have a dark sense of humor and need a laugh~ I suggest watching them.
Strangers on a Train
Avengers: Endgame

·
Premium Member
38,550 Posts
First an interesting Simpsons documantary

Beverly hills cops -again, like in the past.

Reactions: jetser

·
Premium Member
38,550 Posts
Possibly Maybe

·
Registered
INFJ 4w3
508 Posts
Monsters University. I got emotional watching it; I felt that there was a likeness between me and Mike Wuzowski, working hard and dreaming to be something but not necessarily being naturally talented enough to do it... Great film.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just finished A Few Dollars More

After finally acquiring Scorcese's recut edition of Once Upon a Time in America I'm slowly going through Leone's filmography. I had hoped he'd be like Kurosawa or Scorcese and more of his works be masterpieces (can only imagine what Once Upon a Time in America would have been at its full six hours without the missing subplots and tragically missing Pesci) but while there are instances of good directing, nothing is really grabbing me as a favorite so far, or even really worth a rewatch. Didn't even like the Yojimbo remake as much as the Willis/Walken one.

A damn tragedy that his magnum opus and its mishandling lead to all the drama that ended his career. If that was just him hitting his stride I can only imagine what more he could have accomplished. At least brilliant writers still get to live posthumously with their extant works--for a brilliant director to have been denied to posterity because of idiotic impresarios is just god-awful.

·
Registered
INFJ
257 Posts
The Prestige

·
Registered
INTP, 953
183 Posts
Opera (1987) by Dario Argento.
This director makes really interesting movies even with the weird oscillation between the quality of scenes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Recently I watched the movie Avengers: Endgame. After watching Infinity War, I was looking forward to the release of the Endgame. The film is filled with funny moments, irony in relation to oneself. And I just love it. In general, the creators of the Final do not let us relax, they prepare us for the denouement. So inevitable, so logical and at the same moment so terrible! Two and a half hours in front of us is just an unrealistically cool and positive picture, and then thirty minutes of pain and fear. A film with a logical but unpleasant ending.

·
Registered
INTP, 953
183 Posts
The Seventh Seal by Ingmar Bergman.
I have never seen a movie that has as good execution of the basics of visual storytelling. Great alternation between different styles of approach to avoid numbing the viewer.

·
Premium Member
38,550 Posts
-Titanic (again)
-Ut å stjæle hester
-Policeschool 7 (I think, again)

·
Premium Member
INTP (I thimk) 5w
15,852 Posts
"Them" is a series. I'm almost finished. It's a brilliant piece of work on overt racism and creeping racism. Us is a black family trying to move and stay in a nicer neighborhood. Them are the racists.

·
Premium Member
38,550 Posts
Victoria abd Abdul. A cosy movie about an openminded Queen and a charming Munchi.👸👳

Reactions: eeo

·
Registered
15 Posts
Palm Springs looks watchable enough and keeps the missus happy by randomly having a romantic movie to watch for a change. Also quite like him in Brooklyn 99.

3141 - 3160 of 3162 Posts